View Full Version : What should they call zombie fans?

Yojimbo
15-Jul-2007, 07:58 PM
The Star Trek followers are called "Trekkies" or "Trekers" depending on which series they are obsessed with. The Harry Potter sect has their own name, which escapes me now.

Quite frankly, I grew up thinking that I was a lone freak for enjoying zombie films, and it was not until more and more Dawn Tribute sites started popping up that I realized that I was not alone. (God bless us, everyone!)

I am curious what the heads here at HPOTD think should be used to designate zombie fans?

EvilNed
15-Jul-2007, 09:37 PM
z-heads?

MinionZombie
15-Jul-2007, 09:54 PM
Zed-heads, Dead-heads...pretty much covers it really.

Yojimbo
15-Jul-2007, 09:57 PM
Zed-heads, Dead-heads...pretty much covers it really.

Zed-heads is a cool one. Z-Heads is very cool too.

Dead-heads makes sense, but I believe it has already been co-opted by followers of Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead. Although those folks are pretty cool in their own right, I don't think either faction wants to be mistaken for the other.

sandrock74
16-Jul-2007, 01:29 AM
Well, fans of Marvel Comics have always been referred to as Marvel Zombies! Being a fan, I'm already a Zombie. Isn't that funny?

Philly_SWAT
16-Jul-2007, 03:19 AM
I always refer to us crazed GAR fans as "dead-heads". Yes, there is a Grateful Dead problem with that, however, as time goes on, the zombie genre will not diminish in popularity, while the Grateful Dead's place in the pop culture will diminish (or already is). Therefore, deadheads seems appropriate to me.

Danny
16-Jul-2007, 05:48 AM
****ing losers:lol:

im happy with who i am:cool:

mista_mo
16-Jul-2007, 05:57 AM
i don't like dead heads...seriusly, it seems like a name you'd call a really dumb person.

random asshole:"hey dead-head ya dumb f*ck"

Dead-Head:"my pinky hurts...."

you get the idea.

Therefore, I put out that we are henceforth known as:

Pimpastico gorehunchies.

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2007, 10:32 AM
GAR fans and Zed-heads - bingo. :)

Danny
16-Jul-2007, 10:39 AM
yeah but people could think your just a really thick GWAR fan who cant spell.

though i doubt GWAR can spell GWAR.:lol:

AcesandEights
16-Jul-2007, 04:54 PM
Zed-heads

Simple. Cool. Effectively communicates the basic idea of what we're all about, while remaining just mysterious enough to provide us with additional cachet.

darth los
16-Jul-2007, 05:03 PM
I have always called us dead heads. It just seems like common sense really. This is one of the things that just writes itself.

bassman
16-Jul-2007, 05:05 PM
I always refer to us crazed GAR fans as "dead-heads". Yes, there is a Grateful Dead problem with that, however, as time goes on, the zombie genre will not diminish in popularity, while the Grateful Dead's place in the pop culture will diminish (or already is). Therefore, deadheads seems appropriate to me.

Not true at all. The Dead are still playing, man. You couldn't be more wrong. Just because something isn't on the radio or tv doesn't mean that it's gone.;)

I like the suggestion of Zed-heads the best....

darth los
16-Jul-2007, 05:11 PM
I smell a poll question arising from this.....

RustyHicks
16-Jul-2007, 10:39 PM
Zombiefied....lol that what we are.
Instead of being mystified by GAR's work,
were zombiefied by it :)
Actually I kinda liked dead heads too,

Ivarr
16-Jul-2007, 11:40 PM
Zacks

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 12:22 AM
Zacks

Is that short for zombie hacks?

OddDNA
17-Jul-2007, 12:41 AM
Zack Snyder.

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 12:52 AM
Zack Snyder.

Ha Ha!! I knew it. It was only a matter of time before someone countered with that.:lol: It was exactly what i was looking for !! :thumbsup:

sandrock74
17-Jul-2007, 01:16 AM
Maybe "undead heads"?

coma
17-Jul-2007, 01:17 AM
Zacks
uhhhh....

NO!
:mad::mad::mad:
just my 2 cents:p

Yojimbo
17-Jul-2007, 01:29 AM
Maybe "undead heads"?

Actually, that is way cool!

coma
17-Jul-2007, 01:33 AM
Maybe "undead heads"?
It is cool, except for the Goth, Vampire association

Yojimbo
17-Jul-2007, 01:46 AM

True. We might be freaks but we have standards!:lol:

Philly_SWAT
17-Jul-2007, 01:56 AM
Not true at all. The Dead are still playing, man. You couldn't be more wrong. Just because something isn't on the radio or tv doesn't mean that it's gone.;)

They may still be playing, but unless there is real-life "dead coming to life", Jerry Garcia is not playing with them. Most people associated Garcia as the soul of the Grateful Dead. So it is not the "real" dead, anymore than Van Halen with Sammy Hagar would be the same as with Diamond Dave. The Grateful Dead was a niche groupd to begin with, and I submit that as time goes by, there influence and popularity will decline, and already is. Now I realize that GAR dead films are also somewhat of a niche genre, but I think that 100 years from now, there will be a lot more GAR movie fans around than Grateful Dead music fans around.

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 02:36 AM

I have stopped myself many times from typing undead for that very reason. I try not to type zombies either. I usually go with the term ghouls.

Yojimbo
17-Jul-2007, 03:48 PM
I have stopped myself many times from typing undead for that very reason. I try not to type zombies either. I usually go with the term ghouls.

Just occured to me how funny it would be to see how the goth types would react to an undead scenario. I think they would be the first ones to die.

On a different note, I agree that the term "ghouls" is more in line with the GAR universe, even over the term "zombies" If I was a more inventive type I could come up with a name that would incorportate "ghoul" but it escapes me now.

RustyHicks
17-Jul-2007, 04:12 PM
How about
Living dead heads.:elol:

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 05:54 PM
How about
Living dead heads.:elol:

It's too long. It doesn't roll off the tounge. I think it's one syllable too much. :)

bassman
17-Jul-2007, 06:00 PM
They may still be playing, but unless there is real-life "dead coming to life", Jerry Garcia is not playing with them. Most people associated Garcia as the soul of the Grateful Dead. So it is not the "real" dead, anymore than Van Halen with Sammy Hagar would be the same as with Diamond Dave. The Grateful Dead was a niche groupd to begin with, and I submit that as time goes by, there influence and popularity will decline, and already is. Now I realize that GAR dead films are also somewhat of a niche genre, but I think that 100 years from now, there will be a lot more GAR movie fans around than Grateful Dead music fans around.

:rolleyes:

Either way, the term "dead head" is already taken.

Anyone considered the simple term in the thread title......zombie fan? Who needs a "cool" term for about 35 people on a message board?:lol:

Yojimbo
17-Jul-2007, 06:23 PM
:rolleyes:

Either way, the term "dead head" is already taken.

Anyone considered the simple term in the thread title......zombie fan? Who needs a "cool" term for about 35 people on a message board?:lol:

True, we could just be "zombie fans"

But, if the Star Trek fans have their own name then we should not be beaten by those geeks!

bassman
17-Jul-2007, 06:27 PM
True, we could just be "zombie fans"

But, if the Star Trek fans have their own name then we should not be beaten by those geeks!

Did you seriously just call them geeks? Honestly? Are you sh*tting me?

Whew....some people round here must in denial.:confused:

MissJacksonCA
17-Jul-2007, 07:01 PM
my vote is for calling zombie fans the walking dead

Yojimbo
17-Jul-2007, 08:53 PM
Did you seriously just call them geeks? Honestly? Are you sh*tting me?

Whew....some people round here must in denial.:confused:

Maybe "geeks" was the wrong choice of words as it might be taken the wrong way. I meant it in a respectful manner and it was coming from someone who also identifies himself as a horror film "geek". It wasn't meant offensively, but I apologize for my choice of words.

Still, my core concept stands. We should not be beaten by those...fans

bassman
17-Jul-2007, 08:56 PM
I wasn't offended. Never been big into Star Trek. I was just pointing out what all of us here so obviously are(geeks).:p

aljuweind
17-Jul-2007, 09:03 PM
comment was removed from the forum

MissJacksonCA
17-Jul-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm all for a catch all zombie fan nickname like star trek's trekkies... i'm a lil sad trekkies is taken... its so durn cute! unfortunately cute and zombies dont quite go together grrr... :confused:

Minerva_Zombi
17-Jul-2007, 09:54 PM
Living Dead-Heads

Yojimbo
17-Jul-2007, 10:11 PM
Rusty previously made that suggestion, but someone felt it was too long and didn't roll off the tounge (Darth Los, maybe, I'll have to check)

Works for me, though. But since names/identities are important, the one chosen should be one reached through consensus.

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 10:59 PM
Rusty previously made that suggestion, but someone felt it was too long and didn't roll off the tounge (Darth Los, maybe, I'll have to check)

Who me? :shifty: Sorry if i offended anyone. I was just being honest about the way i felt about the name.

RustyHicks
17-Jul-2007, 11:05 PM
Yeah you %&$#&$%:mad: :annoyed: :p
LMAO J/K Darth.
I like living dead heads, but
how about just zombs.
Simple Zombs:elol:

Yojimbo
17-Jul-2007, 11:21 PM
Who me? :shifty: Sorry if i offended anyone. I was just being honest about the way i felt about the name.

No offense at all, Darth, your honest feedback is not only appreciated but expected.

The perfect name will come and when it does it will shine and glimmer to all of us, including you, and will be abudantly clear as the obvious choice.

Off topic: I just noticed that I got my second star!!!

darth los
18-Jul-2007, 05:35 AM
No offense at all, Darth, your honest feedback is not only appreciated but expected.

The perfect name will come and when it does it will shine and glimmer to all of us, including you, and will be abudantly clear as the obvious choice.

Off topic: I just noticed that I got my second star!!!

I'll say one thing though. I'm sometimes honest to a fault but atleast you know where i stand. I think that's better than being fake and telling people what they want to hear.( i'd be an awful politician then.) It's not just here on the boards either. I'm like that in real life. I guess if people want a yes man i'm not that guy. i actually take that as a compliment, so thnx. :)

Congrats on the second star man.:thumbsup:

On opic though. I think you're right, it will come to us. It's like a cool knickname. You can't just sit there and make one up. It just comes to you in the natural course of time and is usually a perfect fit.

Yojimbo
18-Jul-2007, 06:49 PM
Congrats on the second star man.:thumbsup:

Thank you, Darth Los. It is an honor and a privilege to correspond with you and the other heads here on these boards.

darth los
18-Jul-2007, 06:53 PM
Thank you, Darth Los. It is an honor and a privilege to correspond with you and the other heads here on these boards.

I know before i came here there was really no outlet or anyone to talk to about this kind of stuff. It's a relief to find other like minded people who even if we never meet it was still a good exchange of ideas and opinions which otherwise would go unexpressed.

Ivarr
18-Jul-2007, 07:37 PM
To be clear ... "Zack" was what the miltary types called Zombies in the book; World War Z.

Example = "Zack can not be shocked or awed!"

"Zack don't have a command structure to break"

It was "Zack's" I appologize for the confusion.

Yojimbo
18-Jul-2007, 09:13 PM
To be clear ... "Zack" was what the miltary types called Zombies in the book; World War Z.

Example = "Zack can not be shocked or awed!"

"Zack don't have a command structure to break"

It was "Zack's" I appologize for the confusion.

I wonder if Brooks named this after Snyder. I gotta say that I have mixed feeling about Brooks's writings!

Ivarr
18-Jul-2007, 09:33 PM
Z's ... Instead of calling them Zombies ... They called the "Zack's" to take the fear away from them.

I don't think it has anything to do with ZS. But I could be wrong ... who knows.

Yojimbo
18-Jul-2007, 10:32 PM
Z's ... Instead of calling them Zombies ... They called the "Zack's" to take the fear away from them.

I don't think it has anything to do with ZS. But I could be wrong ... who knows.

Yeah, makes sense to me. Still though, the association with Snyder...on a pavlovian level makes me want to start punching things and piss on a pretty flower or something, even if just coincidental. :D

MissJacksonCA
19-Jul-2007, 01:10 AM
wait wait i've got it ... zombiephiles

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 01:20 AM
wait wait i've got it ... zombiephiles

For some reason when i hear the suffix "philes" it reminds me of child molestors. :barf:

Yojimbo
19-Jul-2007, 01:29 AM
For some reason when i hear the suffix "philes" it reminds me of child molestors. :barf:

Luring unsuspecting zombies into our cars with promises of candy and lost kittens.

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 01:30 AM
Luring unsuspecting zombies into our cars with promises of candy and lost kittens.

" they must be rewarded. If there's no reward then there's just no use for it. Just no use for it at all."

MissJacksonCA
19-Jul-2007, 01:45 AM

obviously you're an expert :p

Yojimbo
19-Jul-2007, 01:48 AM
obviously you're an expert :p

I frighten zombies away, no matter how hard I try to look friendly. :clown:

MissJacksonCA
19-Jul-2007, 01:49 AM
Though in a way you're right... if we were zombiephiles we would in a sense be luring zombies... but only to kill them

technically zombiephiles mean we have an affinity for or a strong attraction to zombies... ie zombie lover

Main Entry: 1-phil
Function: noun combining form
Variants: or -phile
Etymology: French -phile, from Greek -philos -philous
: lover : one having an affinity for or a strong attraction to <acidophil> <Slavophile>

I totally just got the image of some guy going 'here zombie... here boy...*doing the dog come here whistle* here zombieeeeee' ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 02:02 AM
I totally just got the image of some guy going 'here zombie... here boy...*doing the dog come here whistle* here zombieeeeee' ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All you need is a panel van and your set. :lol:

MissJacksonCA
19-Jul-2007, 02:11 AM
a panel van or a tandem bike

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 02:18 AM
I'm a zombie fan and they've called me NUTS for years. :D

MissJacksonCA
19-Jul-2007, 02:19 AM
yeah but thats not because of your love for zombie movies

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 02:24 AM
yeah but thats not because of your love for zombie movies

We really need that middle finger smilie from chat in here. For now this will have to suffice. :p

MissJacksonCA
19-Jul-2007, 02:26 AM
we need one where there's a big boot who kicks someone in the ol keyster...

if i shoved my foot up your ass would that be your problem

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 02:36 AM
I'M TIRED OF THESE MOTHERFU**IN' SMILIES ON THESE MOTHERFU**IN' BOARDS !!!:mad:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x62/darthlos/pulpBPS.jpg

Yojimbo
19-Jul-2007, 04:05 PM
I'M TIRED OF THESE MOTHERFU**IN' SMILIES ON THESE MOTHERFU**IN' BOARDS !!!:mad:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x62/darthlos/pulpBPS.jpg

Yeah, the smilies (even the name) are too cute and precious, and getting a little tiresome. I shouldn't talk, though, since I am guilty of using them:moon:

RustyHicks
19-Jul-2007, 11:10 PM
Deaders
or Zombers.

let's put those two on the
list as maybes

Yeah we need some flashy smilies :/

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 11:57 PM
deadites

Yojimbo
20-Jul-2007, 12:09 AM
deadites
Isn't that a Rami-ism?

darth los
20-Jul-2007, 12:16 AM
Isn't that a Rami-ism?

I'm not sure. The suggestions that rusty made just made me think of that. I'm sure it has been used before, although i'm not sure in what connotation.

Yojimbo
20-Jul-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm not sure. The suggestions that rusty made just made me think of that. I'm sure it has been used before, although i'm not sure in what connotation.

I could be wrong, but I think that was what they called the evil things summoned by the "book of the dead" in Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series. For some reason, I think it was mentioned in either the first or second film and then used as the name of the army made up of corpses sent from hell or wherever that Bruce Campbell had to battle against. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, I am sure.

darth los
20-Jul-2007, 12:55 AM
I could be wrong, but I think that was what they called the evil things summoned by the "book of the dead" in Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series. For some reason, I think it was mentioned in either the first or second film and then used as the name of the army made up of corpses sent from hell or wherever that Bruce Campbell had to battle against. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, I am sure.

They're dead though, they won't mind. :D