PDA

View Full Version : Carpenter's new film...

Neil
16-Jul-2007, 08:04 AM
...but we know in reality it ain't gonna be good don't me... :(

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33325

Danny
16-Jul-2007, 08:29 AM
"He said it's called LA Gothic and the script has various chapters but they all revolve around a Preist and his Teen-age daughter and that there are a ton of creatures in it. It's supposed to have vampires, zombies and a demon-possesed rock-star"

sounds like any number of piece of **** crow type movies form the 80's/90's.:bored:

Neil
16-Jul-2007, 09:29 AM
"He said it's called LA Gothic and the script has various chapters but they all revolve around a Preist and his Teen-age daughter and that there are a ton of creatures in it. It's supposed to have vampires, zombies and a demon-possesed rock-star"

sounds like any number of piece of **** crow type movies form the 80's/90's.:bored:

Yeh, but if it was 1980s Carpenter directing it you could have some hope... But not the 1990s/2000s one :(

Danny
16-Jul-2007, 09:51 AM
ture, id like to see him work with kurt russel again, possibly as the preist?, that guy got stuck as an action guy but in the thing he was more the nerdy type and acted much more profesionally.

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2007, 10:59 AM
Kurt Russell in The Thing ... nerdy character?! :eek: He was a helicopter pilot who was hard drinking and got sh*t done...not a nerd at all.

And hell yes, 90's/00's Carpenter sucks, he gave up trying and just drowned in the money and lost it.

MissJacksonCA
16-Jul-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm shocked and apalled by the skepticism of everyone and even more suprised that i'm the lone optimist lol...

I'm looking forward to any movie he presents... it may not be a masterpeice and may not be even half as good as Body Bags but hell... its JC man... how bad could it be?

capncnut
16-Jul-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm a diehard JC fan but I gotta admit, this new movie doesn't sound thrilling in the slightest.

MikePizzoff
16-Jul-2007, 11:07 PM
Kurt Russell in The Thing ... nerdy character?! :eek: He was a helicopter pilot who was hard drinking and got sh*t done...not a nerd at all.

I was gonna say the same.

I'm shocked and apalled by the skepticism of everyone and even more suprised that i'm the lone optimist lol...

Well, let's see...

-Ghosts Of Mars
-Escape From LA
-The Village Of The Damned

His last few things he's done have just been bad.

coma
17-Jul-2007, 01:07 AM
Well, let's see...

-Ghosts Of Mars
-Escape From LA
-The Village Of The Damned

His last few things he's done have just been bad.
Yeah, its sad. I used to like him as much as GAR. But after that interview where he jaws about that hes "all about the $$$$$" I am not surpised he is a self parody.
Vampires was lame too. Though I am not sure he directed that either.

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 02:46 AM

And hell yes, 90's/00's Carpenter sucks, he gave up trying and just drowned in the money and lost it.

...cough...LUCAS!!!... wheeze

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 04:38 AM
*nods head in agreement, with distain*:bored:

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 05:06 AM
Yeah, its sad. I used to like him as much as GAR. But after that interview where he jaws about that hes "all about the $$$$$" I am not surpised he is a self parody.
Vampires was lame too. Though I am not sure he directed that either.

Me niether. Alot of times when these director's make a boatload of money they stop directing. All they do is stamp names on something and have nothing else to do with it. Spielberg is a good example of that.

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2007, 10:33 AM
Spielberg is a good example of that.

Quoi?!

I would say Spielberg is one of the few mega-directors still stamping his name on his flicks and still producing quality product, he's been consistently on his game...well, with the odd slip-up here and there, but Spielberg making a good film is about as predictable as night comes after day.

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 10:36 PM
plus hes moving into videogames, i reckon a stephen spielberg game ,if produced by the right gameing studio would be either damn bitchin' or a really crap platformer/3rd person shooter thatd fall without a tace.

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2007, 11:23 AM
Well, Spielberg was involved, at least a little anyway, in the creation of the first Medal of Honour - now look at the games industry, WW2 shootahz everywhere, mate. :cool:

Danny
18-Jul-2007, 11:24 AM
that taint neccesarily a good thing though, least cod4 has the balls to try a new direction, medal of honour sucks major cajones.:rolleyes:

MontagMOI
23-Jul-2007, 12:08 PM
I think i am the only person in the world that actually likes Ghosts Of Mars..

(Ducks to avoid rotten tomatoes)

"I fall asleep to the sound of my own screams"

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 04:38 PM
His wife and kids probably like it as well, but they have to. What's your excuse. lol :p

MontagMOI
23-Jul-2007, 06:04 PM
Don't have one. But maybe his wife and kids don't like it either. In fact, Do you know if JC likes it?
Mind you, if anyone thinks it is worse than Escape From LA i am giving up all hope and converting to Scientology :D

"Timmy?"

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 06:23 PM
Don't have one. But maybe his wife and kids don't like it either. In fact, Do you know if JC likes it?
Mind you, if anyone thinks it is worse than Escape From LA i am giving up all hope and converting to Scientology :D

"Timmy?"

Well, being associated with a project, actors and directors are pretty much obliged to say that a film is the greatest thing since sliced bread and will totally re invent movies as we know them. It's always interesting to hear them talk about the same project a decade or so after the fact. They usually speak about it in more candid, honest terms.