PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Will Lead Sales By March '08?

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 04:17 AM
I think this guy is delusional and probably drawing a salary from sony. It would have been one thing to say it but to have the ps3 taking over in just 8months? I highly doubt it.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/677640/Reeves_PS3_Will_Lead_Sales_By_March_08.html#readmo re

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 04:34 AM
what a load of bollox. im callin' shenanigans on this guy.

not only is the 80gig not being released in the uk adn europe but accoridng to an update on gamespot today they are now discontinuing the 60 gig one.
so how in the next few months will people in europe and engladn get one if they want one?:rolleyes:
its the most retarded marketing move ever, its sad to see one of my favourite gameing franchises fail but this is abomnible, its like once every month and a half there rereleaseing the ps3 with a different upgrade, thats just thick, this is like the ,wat?, 4th or possibly 5th incarnation of the ps3 in as many months?
plus now even devil may cry and metal gear have gone over to the 360 so the ps3 only has gran truismo 5 adn final fantasy 13 going for it, if square enix goes all the way to nintey with the final fantasy franchise (again) and keep making new rpgs for the xbox sony are royally boned.

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 04:59 AM
what a load of bollox. im callin' shenanigans on this guy.

not only is the 80gig not being released in the uk adn europe but accoridng to an update on gamespot today they are now discontinuing the 60 gig one.
so how in the next few months will people in europe and engladn get one if they want one?:rolleyes:
its the most retarded marketing move ever, its sad to see one of my favourite gameing franchises fail but this is abomnible, its like once every month and a half there rereleaseing the ps3 with a different upgrade, thats just thick, this is like the ,wat?, 4th or possibly 5th incarnation of the ps3 in as many months?
plus now even devil may cry and metal gear have gone over to the 360 so the ps3 only has gran truismo 5 adn final fantasy 13 going for it, if square enix goes all the way to nintey with the final fantasy franchise (again) and keep making new rpgs for the xbox sony are royally boned.

Don't forget about tekken, which is actually my favorite fighting franchise. There's no way sony could come out on top in such a short period of time. Even if they are able to draw almost even with the 360, which i highly doubt, there's no way they're ovetaking th wii.

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2007, 10:54 AM
The 60gig is only being discontinued in the USA, so in Europe it's still hanging around I presume. Also of interesting note, because of all that fuss over Resistance:FOM, Sony are now going to be packing off PS3's with that game in-tow, perhaps ALL consoles (I presume in the UK)...but as someone pointed out, that means no-one under 15 can buy the console on their own. :lol:

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 12:32 PM
The 60gig is only being discontinued in the USA, so in Europe it's still hanging around I presume. Also of interesting note, because of all that fuss over Resistance:FOM, Sony are now going to be packing off PS3's with that game in-tow, perhaps ALL consoles (I presume in the UK)...but as someone pointed out, that means no-one under 15 can buy the console on their own. :lol:

Well, as we have stated before kids in that age group are most likely not paying for a console themselves anyway. I don't know any 15 year olds that have $500-$600 dollars just lying around anyway. I, know i wouldn't give a kid that age $600 bucks to go buy anything themselves anyway, especially a gamming console. I think the parents will be accompanying them by default.

Tricky
17-Jul-2007, 05:56 PM
Regardless of peoples opinions on sony,the PS3 is a feckin' good peice of hardware!anyway even if the PS3 does indeed lose the current console war,sony still make enough top notch products to keep the company happily sailing along,cameras,TV's,dvd players etc :)

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 06:07 PM
Regardless of peoples opinions on sony,the PS3 is a feckin' good peice of hardware!anyway even if the PS3 does indeed lose the current console war,sony still make enough top notch products to keep the company happily sailing along,cameras,TV's,dvd players etc :)

I think every point you made is true. but they have such a smaller margin of error than ms does. MS just has so much more money. MS could make all the errors sony has mde and not even break a sweat. On the otherhand if sony keeps up on this path then we can toss the ps3 into the closet with the dreamcast.

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 10:32 PM
hey, my dreamcasts still out next to my 360,cube,NES and ps2:D

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 10:47 PM

I know, you remind us every chance you get.:) :p You're lucky. I've gotta get me one of those. What happened to your original one?

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 10:52 PM
my brother smashed it one the patio with a sledgehammer:dead:

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 11:36 PM
my brother smashed it one the patio with a sledgehammer:dead:

I bet you wished that you were an only child and did your best to make sure it happened after that episode, huh? :lol:

capncnut
17-Jul-2007, 11:37 PM
My PS3, 360 and Wii are ALL in the cupboard and I've got my Dreamcast hooked up on her own. How sad is that, I ask you?

Yes, I'm playing through Shenmue II. :D

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 11:54 PM
pfft they take up so much space on a VMU though i aint started em again, im after one of those 3rd party 3500 blocks one, now THATS a memory card, but they dont have a screen like the sweet as looking official "duh i cant fitmore dan 200 blocks" vmu's:dead:

capncnut
17-Jul-2007, 11:57 PM
A VMU is 50p in GameStation Hellz, c'mon bro...

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 11:59 PM
theyve never got em in my local one actually, tons of games from atariNES, and genesis to playstation and dreamcast it has everything but never any V,U's ebays the only way to go for me to get one.