View Full Version : Yay new X-Files movie!

MissJacksonCA
17-Jul-2007, 11:24 AM
Stars Signal Another 'X-Files' Film
USA Today
Posted: 2007-07-16 08:55:48
Filed Under: Movies
BEVERLY HILLS (July 16) — Apparently, there's even more truth out there.

X-Files fans can rejoice, as star David Duchovny revealed that plans are well underway for another theatrical movie based on the Fox series.

"I think we're going to do a movie in the fall," the actor told USA TODAY. "I'm actually supposed to get a script next week," penned by creator Chris Carter and longtime writer Frank Spotnick. Carter also will direct the film.

Duchovny and co-star Gillian Anderson are committed to the project, which Duchovny expects will begin in November. The first X-Files movie, released in 1998, grossed almost $190 million worldwide.

Duchovny says it may be tough at first to re-inhabit the role of Fox Mulder. "I don't want to be imitating myself; it'll have to be organic." Meantime, he's starring in Showtime comedy Californication, premiering Aug. 13.

Copyright 2007 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc. All Rights Reserved.
2007-07-16 06:52:53

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 12:35 PM
I love the x files personally. I'm currently watching the whole series . I'm still on season 1 right now. Although i'm never a fan of releasing a film 10 some odd years after the last one. I think they missed the boat on this one. There's just no buzz for it. I'm glad that atleast they're going to make it a self contained story. It wouldn't make sense to pick up on a story line of a show that has been off the air for 5 years.

bassman
17-Jul-2007, 12:51 PM
Don't hold your breath. Stuff like this has been said ever since the release of "Fight the Future". Until there's an official press release, it's best that you take this with a grain of salt.

Don't get me wrong. I'm an X-Files fan and hope for another film, but something like this is said about every 2 months. Usually from Duchovny.:rolleyes:

MissJacksonCA
17-Jul-2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah but he's suing the XFiles for $25 million saying they're screwing him from his royalties so I imagine this film could possibly be a resolution to that lawsuit...

Tricky
17-Jul-2007, 06:01 PM
Yaaaaaaaawnnn conspiracy theories,shady government types & grey aliens scuttling about in woods!the first two series of X-files were great,but it got lost & in my opinion extremely boring.I always preferred the kind of episodes such as the one with the flesh eating bugs in the woods,the ghost ship where people aged quickly,Tooms or the fluke man etc

bassman
17-Jul-2007, 06:04 PM
Yaaaaaaaawnnn conspiracy theories,shady government types & grey aliens scuttling about in woods!the first two series of X-files were great,but it got lost & in my opinion extremely boring.I always preferred the kind of episodes such as the one with the flesh eating bugs in the woods,the ghost ship where people aged quickly,Tooms or the fluke man etc

Did you not see the movie? It was fantastic regardless of the series...

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 06:04 PM

Yeah, those were the early episode before they got caught up in that whole black oil/alien hybrid thing. Those stand alone episodes were classic. They gave the twilight zone a run for it's money.

MissJacksonCA
17-Jul-2007, 06:59 PM
I agree when they started to revolve almost every episode around aliens and supersoldier government conspiracies they got a little more than stupid and not worth watching. What I liked most about the show when each hour was based on a single story was you didn't have to watch the previous 15 episodes to understand all that was going on. The only really government related episode that was any good was the whole explanation of how the lone gunmen got introduced to each other and to mulder and scully.

From the get-go they seemed to want to produce a show that gradually had the underlying plot of aliens and government conspiracies because the very first episode they mentioned Mulders sister going missing so you had to figure that may well come up in future shows but then it just became inane and stupid and I generally began to loathe the show. But at least it had a good run of quality shows with the underground HOA CC&R driven monster, and flesheating bugs, the guy who ate peoples livers, the computer that killed.

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2007, 09:25 PM
Well I hope they actually make one, I loved the X-Files and the movie was pretty good too, I'd totally dig another one. :)