PDA

View Full Version : In a world gone mad

CornishCorpse
17-Jul-2007, 03:03 PM
In October 2006, the attorney Jack Thompson sent a letter to Midway Games, demanding they cease and desist selling Armageddon, claiming that the game was illegally profiting on his likeness, because gamers could use the Kreate a Fighter option to make a character who looked like him[11].

Another case of perversion of the justice system..In MK you can create any charecter so I dont understand how if you can create Jason,Michael Myers and the Hulk aswell as many others that one flukish lookalike of a nobody was going to have the rights to stopping games sales :lol:

MissJacksonCA
17-Jul-2007, 06:41 PM
So i'm guessing his lawsuit was a success? I can see someone suing a game maker for purposefully creating a character that looks like someone but if its just pure happenstance I mean wtf? Besides... are his buddies playing the game? What does he care?

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 10:51 PM
when it comes to videogames why does something allways get spoiled by the american "crazy with a picket" groups?, it sucks balls.

darth los
21-Jul-2007, 01:55 AM
So i'm guessing his lawsuit was a success? I can see someone suing a game maker for purposefully creating a character that looks like someone but if its just pure happenstance I mean wtf? Besides... are his buddies playing the game? What does he care?

It's his personal crusade. He's really fanatical about this stuff. What's scary is i think that he really believes it.

when it comes to videogames why does something allways get spoiled by the american "crazy with a picket" groups?, it sucks balls.

We live in a very litigaous, opportunistic society. There are a number of people just waiting in the wings for something to happen so that they can either make money or get famous off of it.