PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 5 - Tell me this isn't game footage!!!

Neil
17-Jul-2007, 09:17 PM
http://ve3dboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=27138636

If it is I'm stunned!

capncnut
17-Jul-2007, 11:17 PM
Nope, that's definitely not in-game footage. It's just a movie.

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 11:23 PM
thats not bad, its no crisis but still not bad, though i aint really into racing games ,the only one i enjoy is burnout and thats probabyl cus its got **** explodin' in it.:lol:

Neil
18-Jul-2007, 07:35 AM

Phew! I thought I might have to get a PS3 there for a min!

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2007, 11:21 AM
That, to me, looks like a combination of real life, in-game footage and pre-rendered CGI...

Some aspects looked like a videogame, others didn't at all, and others looked CGI.

Now, the trailer for PGR4, now that looks ruddy brilliant, the car models and the rain sliding off them - lovely jubbly!

Of course, keep in mind that Sony haven't had the greatest track record when it comes to game trailers for the PS3...remember the Killzone 2 debacle? :lol:

Danny
18-Jul-2007, 11:27 AM
hell ,remember the first killzone in general?:bored:

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2007, 11:32 AM
hell ,remember the first killzone in general?:bored:
No, I never played it. :lol:

The visual scheme of things, I dug, but I never played it but all I've heard is that it's all rather lame, no Halo beater...and therefore no GOW beater either!

Tricky
18-Jul-2007, 05:30 PM
Having played the demo of Gran turismo HD concept on my mates PS3,i can assure you that they are indeed in game graphics!im not a racing game fan but the graphics seriously impressed me!if you ever played gran turismo 3 when that was released on the PS2 it also had jaws on the floor for the same reasons!

Neil
18-Jul-2007, 05:43 PM

So we have some people saying it is game footage, and other saying not... Who knows what they're talking about? :)

Tricky
18-Jul-2007, 06:47 PM
Well i have played the HD concept demo,& it is as good looking as that video you posted without a doubt,amazing graphics!however you still cant bend the cars up & its still as boring as the others were,so on the gameplay front its nothing to shout about unless you enjoyed the previous games!

Neil
18-Jul-2007, 07:24 PM
Well i have played the HD concept demo,& it is as good looking as that video you posted without a doubt,amazing graphics!however you still cant bend the cars up & its still as boring as the others were,so on the gameplay front its nothing to shout about unless you enjoyed the previous games!

Well on the visual front... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2007, 09:21 PM
Visually stunning yes, but if it's no fun - what's the point?

Now...gimme PGR4 (out of the racers coming I mean, PGR3 still rocks my cock) ... the video of rain hitting, puddling and running off the shiny-ass bodies of an array of "sporty motahz" left me drooling. :)

capncnut
19-Jul-2007, 04:02 AM
So we have some people saying it is game footage, and other saying not... Who knows what they're talking about? :)
I have no idea Neil, anyone with a pair of eyes can see that it's an intro movie. Okay, there might be some replay footage thrown in here but at the end of the day, it's a trailer. If it was a 'gameplay' trailer, it would say so.

however you still cant bend the cars up & its still as boring as the others were, so on the gameplay front its nothing to shout about unless you enjoyed the previous games!
In other words, it's not as good as Forza 2.

DeadJonas190
19-Jul-2007, 05:36 AM
Of course, keep in mind that Sony haven't had the greatest track record when it comes to game trailers for the PS3...remember the Killzone 2 debacle? :lol:

Remember a few short months ago when Sony had up the pictures from Project Gotham 3 in an advertisement for the GTHD promo.

So yeah, that video looks really impressive, but I was never into the Gran Turismo series, they always look fantastic, but I don't like how they play out. I prefer the Project Gotham series, it's just more fun for me.

Neil
19-Jul-2007, 08:00 AM
I have no idea Neil, anyone with a pair of eyes can see that it's an intro movie. Okay, there might be some replay footage thrown in here but at the end of the day, it's a trailer. If it was a 'gameplay' trailer, it would say so.

In other words, it's not as good as Forza 2.

How do you know it's not all game footage (as has been suggested)?

Tricky
19-Jul-2007, 09:43 AM
It is gameplay footage,but mostly taken from the action replays you watch after the race,they always look impressive on the GT games as you get all the swooping angles etc :)

MinionZombie
19-Jul-2007, 10:13 AM
It is gameplay footage,but mostly taken from the action replays you watch after the race,they always look impressive on the GT games as you get all the swooping angles etc :)
Yeah, I think there's some trickery at play in that video, games always look less impressive in such videos when it's just from the viewpoint of the game player ... well, some games anyway ... that recent COD4 video was awesome. :D

Tricky
19-Jul-2007, 10:33 AM
The metal gear 4 trailer looks rather tasty as well,although why they've decided to make snake an old man i dont know :rolleyes:

Danny
19-Jul-2007, 11:13 AM
he cant stay a mulleted ,cahin smokin' s.o.b and not have it caatch up on him after 20 years;)

MinionZombie
19-Jul-2007, 12:58 PM
he cant stay a mulleted ,cahin smokin' s.o.b and not have it caatch up on him after 20 years;)
Well, Snake's been made an old fart, Sam Fisher has been turned into a freaking hobo in SC: Conviction! :lol:

Poor buggers.

Danny
19-Jul-2007, 01:05 PM
next up samus aran becomes a 2 dollar whore:lol: