View Full Version : Uwe Boll Goes 'Postal' on the New York Post

darth los
18-Jul-2007, 12:41 AM
There goes ya boy hells. :lol:

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16815

Danny
18-Jul-2007, 12:53 AM
Uwe Boll Goes 'Postal' on the New York Post

Uwe Boll is at it again. The video game movie director/producer is taking on the New York Post after the paper showed a trailer for his Postal movie to 9/11 victims. Boll is furious because the Post suggested that the movie be censored or banned from theaters. [Updated]

VANCOUVER, BC—Controversial movie producer/director Uwe Boll is taking on The New York Post. After The Post ran a negative story on his new movie, Postal, which opens October 12 in North America, Germany and the U.K., without even seeing it, Boll launched the New York Postal Web site (http://www.ny-postal.com/). Now, Boll has received a letter threatening legal action if the site is not taken down or completely redesigned. Boll has no plans to change anything on the site.

[UPDATE] We were just informed by Uwe that the Web site provider took it down this morning because The New York Post threatened it with a lawsuit.

[UPDATE 2] Apparently you can still access the Postal Web site either through www.postal-themovie.com or www.ny-postal.tk

"Our site is a parody and we use a different name," said Boll, who is currently filming the $30 million Far Cry movie starring Til Schweiger, Emmanuelle Vaugier, and Udo Kier based on Crytek's hit game. "If they sue me, I don't think they'll win."

Boll said he received a call from New York Post reporter Jill Culora in April about the trailer for the $20 million Postal movie, which includes a plane crashing into a building. Rather than watching the movie, the director said the reporter went to 9/11 victims with the clip and asked for reactions.

"They took the clip and showed it out of context," said Boll. "The scene is a parody of fundamentalist fanatics. We don't make fun of the victims of 9/11."
Boll takes issue with the New York Post writing that Postal is a movie that should not be allowed to play in theaters.

"It's not acceptable that a rag corner newspaper is trying to censor a comedy without even taking the time to watch it," said Boll.

Boll did offer one solution to the current situation. He said he's open to settling this dispute in the boxing ring. Last fall, during the Postal shoot, Boll fought four of his critics in a pay-per-view online boxing match in Vancouver. One of those critics is now interning on the set of Far Cry.

Postal, which is based on the game franchise by developer Running with Scissors, stars Dave Foley, Zack Ward, Michael Pare and Boll, who plays himself. The film was recently screened at the Fangoria Film Festival in New York and Boll said Postal will be shown at the Fantasia Film Festival in Montreal.

The director said there will be a Postal bus and Postal babes at Comic-Con later this month. Vince Desi and the creators of the game will be on hand. Boll will appear at the show on Thursday afternoon.

For the North American release of the movie, Boll said the film will be backed by approximately $6 million in P&A and will open on about 500 to 600 screens. Freestyle Releasing is handling the film's release, as well as Boll's In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale. That film, which stars Jason Statham, Ray Liotta, Leelee Sobieski, Ron Pearlman, Matthew Lillard and Burt Reynolds, will open January 18 on about 2,600 screens. The $60 million movie will be backed by over $20 million in P&A and is the largest endeavor yet by the director, who finances all of his productions on his own.

Boll also has filmed BloodRayne II: Deliverance, which is going straight to DVD in North America, and he has a sequel to Alone in the Dark in development, as well.

i dont need to say much really do i?, he gets bitchy because people are offened by a film which has the evens of 9/11 in it.:rolleyes:
then threatens to fight people AGAIN!, being a good boxer does not a good filmaker make, anyone with 2 brain cells knows this.

and yeah "straight to dvd" those are gonna be the words on his tombstone:lol:

**** me i hate uwe boll:lol:

darth los
18-Jul-2007, 01:36 AM
With all things being equal i think he was dead wrong to parody something like that. I guess that nothing is sacred anymore. There would be something wrong if people DIDN'T get upset. He should be thankful that his no talent, hack ass gets any publicity at all. He's just trying to keep his name out there. Why do you think he keeps getting work?

coma
18-Jul-2007, 03:34 AM
If Mel Brooks made a movie about that no one would care because somehow he would make is Piss yourself hilarious
But Ewe Ass Boil??

House of the Dead anyone?

capncnut
18-Jul-2007, 03:59 AM
**** me i hate uwe boll:lol:
Watch your words bro. If you carry on the way you're going, you might get a kickboxing challenge from him. :D

Danny
18-Jul-2007, 04:21 AM
if i was challenged id say "**** no you beat the **** outta me, but that aint gonna make alone in the dark a good movie is it?":lol:

Neil
18-Jul-2007, 10:36 AM
he gets bitchy because people are offened by a film which has the evens of 9/11 in it.:rolleyes:

Does it? All it says in the article is 'includes a plane crashing into a building'...

Danny
18-Jul-2007, 11:22 AM
yeah, its the plane flying into the world trade center, so y'know by process of deduction i can assume, by there being only one location like that, which doesnt exist anymore, that it occurs there at that time, adn i have an incling that this might be whats offending people.:bored: