PDA

View Full Version : ps2 purchase turns into $90,000

darth los
18-Jul-2007, 07:04 PM
I just can't understand why people turn stuff like this in. Check out the sam jackson pic. Hilarious.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/wa_heystation/teen-buys-ps2-on-ebay-receives-whole-heap-of-cash-instead-279631.php

MikePizzoff
19-Jul-2007, 02:23 AM
I'd never speak to my parents again.

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 02:27 AM
I'd never speak to my parents again.

Back in my heyday that would have been an instant smoke out party.

MissJacksonCA
19-Jul-2007, 01:14 PM
you're assuming you could've kept and used the money... maybe the money was stolen and in marked bills who knows... kinda reminds me of the time it literally rained money over the house of a young married couple... i think they found like 20k in money and thanks to going through legal parameters got to keep the money fair and square...

b'sides the family can still file to keep the money provided someone doesn't claim it and/or the police dont file to keep it longer

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 06:49 PM
you're assuming you could've kept and used the money... maybe the money was stolen and in marked bills who knows... kinda reminds me of the time it literally rained money over the house of a young married couple... i think they found like 20k in money and thanks to going through legal parameters got to keep the money fair and square...

b'sides the family can still file to keep the money provided someone doesn't claim it and/or the police dont file to keep it longer

I doubt they would have gotten in trouble if that were the case. There's no legal obligation to turn something that you found in. If it is reported stolen and you knew about it then that's a different story. But how are they gonna prove that? They came by that cash through legal means and didn't do anything wrong.