PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 Pushed back to 2009!?! WTF!?!

darth los
18-Jul-2007, 07:16 PM
This is getting rediculous already. I'm so pissed i don't even know what to say right now. 4 years to make a game? Develpoers have to stop doing this to us. Pushing back these release dates really lowers my enthusiasm for a game. It gets to the point where you don't even care about the release anymore because if you think about it you'll get angry.

http://www.n4g.com/News-52822.aspx

MikePizzoff
19-Jul-2007, 02:38 AM
:mad: I agree.

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 02:42 AM
I know!! They're waiting to release it in a triple pack with spore and duke nuke'em forever ! :lol:

capncnut
19-Jul-2007, 04:29 AM
Pushing back these release dates really lowers my enthusiasm for a game. It gets to the point where you don't even care about the release anymore because if you think about it you'll get angry.
So, you wanna play a rush-released piece of s**t? Not me, I got all the time in the world. Alan Wake being a prime example of my patience.

Danny
19-Jul-2007, 04:34 AM
yeah difference is we only have to wait about 12 months or less for wake ,AND its gonna be a damn sight mor eimpressive game than yet another 3rd person shooter which we all know is just gonna be an ugraded resi 4 set in africa:bored:

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 04:37 AM
So, you wanna play a rush-released piece of s**t? Not me, I got all the time in the world. Alan Wake being a prime example of my patience.

No, i would like not to be teased every few months and have my heart set on a date only to be disapointed when they push it back a year. WTF is that. I guess it's because i love th series, it's my fav. It's like if they told you shenmue 3 was coming out next month, then they decide to push it back to spring 08'. Then after a few months they push it back another year. It can get frustrating after a while. Also, i do think that 4 years to make a game is a little much. it'll be like spore. That game has been pushed back so many times that nobody cares about it anymore, it's a punchline. I'm all for waiting for a game in order to get the best product possible. I'm just saying stick to a date. I wouldn't care if it was in 2011, just stop getting my hopes up.

capncnut
19-Jul-2007, 05:07 AM
No, i would like not to be teased every few months and have my heart set on a date only to be disapointed when they push it back a year.
Yeah but there was never an 'official' date to begin with other than "sometime in 2008". That could mean anything, including December 08...

It's like if they told you shenmue 3 was coming out next month, then they decide to push it back to spring 08'. Then after a few months they push it back another year. It can get frustrating after a while.
Man, Shenmue 3 has been dangled in front of my face for the last 5 years. Everything you list has happened but on a scale 20 times worse. The most frustrating thing about it is that Shenmue 3 has been reported as a finished project for the Dreamcast since 2 was released. And that was 2001.

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 05:22 AM
Yeah but there was never an 'official' date to begin with other than "sometime in 2008". That could mean anything, including December 08...

Man, Shenmue 3 has been dangled in front of my face for the last 5 years. Everything you list has happened but on a scale 20 times worse. The most frustrating thing about it is that Shenmue 3 has been reported as a finished project for the Dreamcast since 2 was released. And that was 2001.

:lol: :lol:

So you know the frustration that i feel. it takes on a whole new meaning when you relate it to a game that you're just fanatical over. I guess you're right about the official date thing. If you think about it though they did have an official year and couldn't even make that. Now that's bad.

capncnut
19-Jul-2007, 05:26 AM
Yeah, it may be 09 now but there's still a lot to smile about.

According to Takeuchi, the game will utilize the same gameplay model introduced in Resident Evil 4, while implementing thematics from the original Resident Evil into the game. Several staff members who also worked on the original Resident Evil are involved in development.

The longer they take, the better it should be...

Being set in Africa, I'm thinking there's gonna be a spider boss.

Danny
19-Jul-2007, 05:33 AM
right now im more eager about halo3 bioshock and silent hill 5 meself.

fable 2's still lurkin' so im holding my breath on that one.

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 06:13 AM

fable 2's still lurkin' so im holding my breath on that one.

That's a good idea because sh5 won't be coming out for a good while. Bioshock on the otherhand ships on 8-21.

Danny
19-Jul-2007, 06:14 AM
aye and thats a must not jsut for a horror fan but for every 360 onwer it looks bitchin', i was excited from the time i heard "some game set in an underwater lab from the 1930's full of mutatants form old experiments", after hearing that i was sold:D

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 06:19 AM
aye and thats a must not jsut for a horror fan but for every 360 onwer it looks bitchin', i was excited from the time i heard "some game set in an underwater lab from the 1930's full of mutatants form old experiments", after hearing that i was sold:D

That's one of the games that makes me want to get an hdtv. Not an expensive one though. A 32 inch lcd for 6-$700 sounds about right. Have you ever seen these next gen games on one? Freakin' sweet man.:thumbsup:

capncnut
20-Jul-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm a little concerned about SH5 myself. I hear Konami aren't developing and that they are taking a back seat with the project. Yeah, they are still publishing but, oh I dunno. It's just a little niggle, that's all.

Bioshock will bought and clocked in one day, end of. :sneaky:

Danny
21-Jul-2007, 03:16 AM
yeah but as long as akira yamoaka does the soundtrack itll still be silent hill in my opinion:cool:

Tricky
21-Jul-2007, 10:38 AM
I bet the wait for the game isnt as ridiculous as the plot will be,whats next "umbrella has secretly turned the earths core into a large bioweapons lab" :rolleyes:
The first game was great with the lab being a relatively small believable thing hidden under the mansion (apart from the bit with the lowering ceiling,that was a bit ghey),but as the series moved on it just got more & more stupid!

darth los
21-Jul-2007, 06:00 PM
I bet the wait for the game isnt as ridiculous as the plot will be,whats next "umbrella has secretly turned the earths core into a large bioweapons lab" :rolleyes:
The first game was great with the lab being a relatively small believable thing hidden under the mansion (apart from the bit with the lowering ceiling,that was a bit ghey),but as the series moved on it just got more & more stupid!

Yeah, i think the umbrella storyline has run it's course. That's why the direction they took with re4 was so refreshing. I think they're going to go with the parasite angle for a couple of games. But there are alot of questions that are still unanswered. It's been confirmed that the lead character is chris. What does he have to do with las plagas?

Rottedfreak
21-Jul-2007, 08:48 PM
Umbrella Chronciles and the Wiimakes of past games to follow will provide all the answers to Umbrellas demise.

CoinReturn
21-Jul-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I think RE5 is going to open up a new arc, and Umbrella will have little or no involvement in it. The Umbrella Chronicles should give us closure on that particular aspect of the story.

darth los
21-Jul-2007, 10:11 PM
I own all the re titles and i never even knew about their downfall. It was never mentioned in the other games.

Danny
22-Jul-2007, 07:59 AM
^ thats what umbrella chronicles is for.

its stated at the start of resi 4 that umbrella is gone, no more umbrella story arcs, the only bad guy left from previous games is albert wesker who been colecting virus' and parasites for a good 9 years now.

darth los
22-Jul-2007, 04:51 PM
^ thats what umbrella chronicles is for.

its stated at the start of resi 4 that umbrella is gone, no more umbrella story arcs, the only bad guy left from previous games is albert wesker who been colecting virus' and parasites for a good 9 years now.

Umbrella was like a big dysfunctional family anyway. It's no wonder they couldn't keep it together. Too many people with their own agendas.

Rottedfreak
22-Jul-2007, 09:00 PM
Umbrellas downfall was due to infighting, in RE2 Hunk and his team are sent in to get the G virus, according to a EX file in the N64 version they operated from the European branch of Umbrella.
Birkins plan was to ditch Umbrella and take his virus to the US government who had a team waiting at the Water treatment plant/Dead factory (in RE3), the European branch later sent in Tyrant retreivers (T-103) one was dipatched to get the G virus and the rest were sent to destroy the special forces at the Dead Factory, they also sent nemesis to wipe out the STARS team.
In Resident Evil: Code Veronica it's the US government that attack Rockfort and it's quite possible other government authorities siezed the European offices and labs.
Hard to believe we missed all that stuff going on in the background.

darth los
22-Jul-2007, 10:15 PM
Alot of people missed that because it was never explicitly expressed. If alot of people weren't confused as to the storyline i don't think that they would have come out with wesker's report which puts most of it in a neat little package.

Danny
23-Jul-2007, 05:52 AM
yeah you have to read the extras and stuff to get the full story, like why did the nemesis not talk?, becuase the nemesis parasites were made by umbrella france, you cant expect a french monster to speak english;)

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 06:36 AM
If i recall correctly he did say "S.T.A.R.S !!" I wonder what that translates to in frech? :confused:

Rottedfreak
23-Jul-2007, 07:38 AM
One fan theory of Nemesis identity is that it's Billy Coen - purely because of the way he says Stars when he first encountered Rebecca on the train in Zero.

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 04:16 PM
That's a good observation, although if it were billy i think that they would have revealed it by now. The series doesn't usually leave things up in the air like that.

capncnut
23-Jul-2007, 07:50 PM
Who did Tofu work for? :rolleyes:

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 08:39 PM
From what i've read tofu was put in the game to challenge all the people who were able to beat the first game with just the knife. I just thought he was a quirky counterpart to hunk.

Danny
24-Jul-2007, 06:29 AM
given he was a block of tofu im inclined to say he was the most twisted of umbrellas B.O.W's;)

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 01:27 PM
It was also impossible to sneak around with him. His sneakers just made too much noise. Billions of dollars in reaearch and they couldn't get him a decent pair of kicks?:rolleyes:

Danny
24-Jul-2007, 01:31 PM
kicks?, tofu was blatantly an ug's man.

what?, he was comfortable with his lifestyle.