PDA

View Full Version : Why do they keep trying to reunite children with their real family?

MissJacksonCA
19-Jul-2007, 01:20 PM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/officials-find-refrigerated-fetus-in/20070719042409990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

I've always heard that CPS believes that the place children belong is with their real family... but really WTF are they thinking? If these children go back to their parents the system will have failed for a second time. After first being called and cited by CPS they dont improve what makes them think that they're going to change for real this time? Even the hell of living in an orphanage or foster home wouldn't be as bad as going back to their so-called family. Blood doesn't make you family it makes you related. Your actions determine who your family are.

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 05:20 PM
Because for some reason they believe there's a compelling state interest in keeping the biological family together. ( quadruple 4's. HOLLA!!!)

MissJacksonCA
19-Jul-2007, 05:48 PM
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 06:55 PM
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm not going to go too much into it but i have experience with this and like all other gov't agencies it's all about the money. Even if it's not the optimal situation for a child they will accept minimal standards of care from the biological family just to get the child off their tab. The longer they have to care for the child themselves or through a foster home the more money they have to spend. It's basically a cost cutting measure. I know that's unbelievable but it's true. They will actually aplly pressure to the situation to reunite the family even though it's apparent that there are still unresolved issues that could be dangerous for all those in the household.

MissJacksonCA
19-Jul-2007, 07:02 PM
Sadly I can see that and even worse is I never thought they'd price a childs safety.

darth los
19-Jul-2007, 07:13 PM
I've seen it the other way around also. Where there are out of control teens who beat and evem stab their parents and siblings. They are thrust back into the home without regard for the safety of those who live there. And get this sometimes those teens are such a threat to the others that live there that the parents refuse to let them back in out of fear for themselves and their other children and the city has the nerve to hit them with a criminal neglect charge. In other words screw you and your other kids. These people are ruthless yo.