View Full Version : one's in jail?

DEAD BEAT
20-Jul-2007, 06:57 PM
What do you suppose happened to that poor bastard Peter's brother who is in jail or for anybody doing time during the zombie plaque?

Their probably the safest....until they die of starvation!

:D

darth los
20-Jul-2007, 07:27 PM
What do you suppose happened to that poor bastard Peter's brother who is in jail or for anybody doing time during the zombie plaque?

Well, a jail is definitely ideally suited and fortified for a situation like that. At a maximum security prison no one is geting in or out of there that you don't want to. At a medium or minimum security prison they'd be toast because of the lack of walls. A max on the other hand is built like a fort. I think that supplies would definitely be a problem after a while but that would seem to be the case with any place you try to hold up in.

Phildogger
21-Jul-2007, 09:07 PM
He said his brother is a pro ball player. I often wondered which kind he meant? Football, baseball, basketball? I lean towards Basketball.

MissJacksonCA
21-Jul-2007, 09:25 PM
If I was a guard at a super max i'd totally kill every inmate in the prison... more supplies for me and my fellow guards... not to mention of course we'd bring our families to come live it out there in 'safety' ...

But I should imagine that peters bro was abandoned at the jail and forced to kill himself and then just came back z-style yo

darth los
21-Jul-2007, 10:13 PM
He said his brother is a pro ball player. I often wondered which kind he meant? Football, baseball, basketball? I lean towards Basketball.

I also think he was a basketball player. No one calls football players ballplayers.

RustyHicks
21-Jul-2007, 11:25 PM
Probably died in jail, who's to say the guards won't be attacked and then
turned in zombies and feast on the prisoners, once one of the zombies
has a memory flash and manages to open the cells.

You know, when Peter said pro ball player, I pictured baseball.
Everyone sees it different.

Philly_SWAT
22-Jul-2007, 12:12 AM
If I was a guard at a super max i'd totally kill every inmate in the prison... more supplies for me and my fellow guards... not to mention of course we'd bring our families to come live it out there in 'safety' ...
In a zombie crisis, I think I would have to kill MissJacksonCA right off the bat. All of her responses seem to have her killing anyone and everyone to satisfy her own selfish needs. No co-operation with others. She is a good example of one of the main points that GAR was trying to make, that people are not capable of co-operation, and that the living would be more dangerous than the dead in the situation. If I were a guard, as supplies went low and I had to leave to look for more, I would toss the keys to an inmate and let him let everyone out. I would not want to be responsible for all their starving to death. At that point, survival of the human race would be more important than punishment for previous crimes.

I also think he was a basketball player. No one calls football players ballplayers.
I agree that no one calls football players "ballpalyers". I assumed he meant basketball. I always thought it was funny that as a guy who gets credit for dispelling racial stereotypes that GAR had the blask characters brothers be the stereotypical "black guys" at the time, one a pro ball player the other in jail. I guess there is no way they could have been a doctor, a businessman, etc.

darth los
22-Jul-2007, 03:01 AM
In a zombie crisis, I think I would have to kill MissJacksonCA right off the bat. All of her responses seem to have her killing anyone and everyone to satisfy her own selfish needs. No co-operation with others. She is a good example of one of the main points that GAR was trying to make, that people are not capable of co-operation, and that the living would be more dangerous than the dead in the situation. If I were a guard, as supplies went low and I had to leave to look for more, I would toss the keys to an inmate and let him let everyone out. I would not want to be responsible for all their starving to death. At that point, survival of the human race would be more important than punishment for previous crimes.

I agree that no one calls football players "ballpalyers". I assumed he meant basketball. I always thought it was funny that as a guy who gets credit for dispelling racial stereotypes that GAR had the blask characters brothers be the stereotypical "black guys" at the time, one a pro ball player the other in jail. I guess there is no way they could have been a doctor, a businessman, etc.

Damn dude, i swear i was thinking the same thing about her, but i had family over so i couldn't post. Great minds.

As for the black stereotypes: Remember, this is about only 10 years after blacks were being hosed down and having german shepards bite them. I think that in those days opportunities for minorities in disciplines such as medicine and law were severely limited and many thought that athletics and entertainment were viable alternatives to making a better life for themselves.

Philly_SWAT
22-Jul-2007, 11:55 AM
Damn dude, i swear i was thinking the same thing about her, but i had family over so i couldn't post. Great minds.

As for the black stereotypes: Remember, this is about only 10 years after blacks were being hosed down and having german shepards bite them. I think that in those days opportunities for minorities in disciplines such as medicine and law were severely limited and many thought that athletics and entertainment were viable alternatives to making a better life for themselves.

Good points!

MikePizzoff
22-Jul-2007, 04:28 PM

WTF? You'd kill all of the inmates instead of letting them live to help you? Just continue to keep the murderers and rapists locked up and have the rest roam free and help protect the place.

You'd be willing to take the lives of people that were wrongfully prosecuted and imprisoned for no reason just so you could eat more (which the food would probably go bad before you ate nearly all of it)? What about the people jailed for stuff like hacking computers, shoplifting, etc? People that are otherwise good people but just did something stupid that constitutes a sentence.

I'm kind of glad I wouldn't be near you in times of crisis.

darth los
22-Jul-2007, 05:05 PM
One would have to weigh the pros and cons of keeping some in mates around to help vs expelling them from the jail. What kind of person would summarily start executing people? If you don't want them around just let them go free and fend for themselves. There's no reason to just kill them. Shows where some people's heads are at. ISSUES!!

jim102016
22-Jul-2007, 05:08 PM
WTF? You'd kill all of the inmates instead of letting them live to help you? Just continue to keep the murderers and rapists locked up and have the rest roam free and help protect the place.

You'd be willing to take the lives of people that were wrongfully prosecuted and imprisoned for no reason just so you could eat more (which the food would probably go bad before you ate nearly all of it)? What about the people jailed for stuff like hacking computers, shoplifting, etc? People that are otherwise good people but just did something stupid that constitutes a sentence.

Wow, brother, you have been in the northeast too long! I'm glad I left. Who the hell is saying everyone in jail is wrongfully imprisoned? Absolutely impossible. You have obviously been protesting too long for that former Black Panther Mumia Abu-Jamal (cop killer).

You think it'd be a scenario out of Precinct 13 where the cops and criminals would all work together in harmony? You should crawl out of your cushioned shell once in a while to see what the real world is like. I worked law enforcement for a few years; there are a lot of people who have a hatred for the law, whether it’s a cop, prison guard, government agent, etc. You think letting them out of jail cell in the midst of a crisis will change all of their attitudes?

Maybe you'd turn your back on a convicted ("wrongly accused") murderer, child rapist, crack head, cannibal or god knows who else you'd chose to free and arm....but not me. I'd sooner shoot you outright or put you in a cage with these fine individuals so that they will have some entertainment to keep them quiet until they starve to death.

darth los
22-Jul-2007, 05:11 PM
Once again my faith in law enforcement is restored. :rolleyes:

MissJacksonCA
23-Jul-2007, 01:47 AM

Y'guys... note that I said SuperMax prison... not min. security... not juvenile det'n hall... SUPERMAX...

I just assume that if they're in a supermax they're the worst of the worst. They're the guys from Con Air you wouldn't want any where near you. Not to mention if i'm a female and in a SM prison i'd be a supreme target for any man locked up for any amount of time. So forgive me... I'm not that into rape... I'd kill them ...annnnnd I really dont think there's a lot of wrongfully convicted men in supermax prisons... not that i've ever known anyone in one but with todays advancements in technology its a lot easier to get actual evidence against people and I dont often buy conspiracy theories like during the OJ Simpson case when he said they purposefully planted evidence.

And as for people in prison for stealing, and dealing drugs... if someone steals they're likely to steal from you and betray you... and drug dealers have no respect for life why should they get to have one...

I do believe that when **** hits the fan and zombies begin to spread that if you released prisons from such a SM prison they wouldn't suddenly band together to thwart the impending invasion. They have no sense of right or wrong or they wouldn't have broken the law.

What's noteable... is this is if I was in a SM prison... if I was home i'd make it to my boat and sail off to Palmyra to re-establish civilized life...and once settling myself and any fellow survivors i'd group up and return home with anyone willing to kick ass and take names of zombies... you can read about that if y'like in a previous post of mine. But suffer no delusions... no one will come between me and survival except for children perhaps.

Mind the gap y'all. That gap being the differenc between what is and what you'd like it to be. People right now are generally selfish and corrupt... during a zombie outbreak they would be even worse. There's not a lot of genuinely nice people out there from what i've known and seen. I know two genuinely nice people out of thousands of people i've known over my short life. Maybe you guys are. But maybe you aren't. But i'm not going to assume that during bad times people will band together to help each other because frankly... when do they ever? Rarely at best. You seldom see people offering rides to people walking away from a city that's under evacuation. You seldom see people stop to risk their lives to help out someone being trampled during a human stampede. And i've never seen a person run into a burning building without being a fireman to save a person. People just aren't that nice. And during a zombie attack people will be the same as they are now if not worse. Worse because there will only be so long until all food and water runs out. Only so long until electronic supplies are gone. Only so long til your ammo is low. And only so long will you be protected from zombies.

And Philly you'd be wise to kill me .. you too Darth... because unless I need you for something or I really like you ... you're dunfor... I'd be the Selena from 28 Days Later... my life is worth more than yours to me... so heaven help ya... because odds are I wont... most people dont pass muster with me

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 01:57 AM
I know i was right. My instincts about people are never wrong. People band together because of one thing, it benefits them. In a case of emeregency you would need other people to do certain things that you couldn't do alone. It's been that way since the beginning of civilization. We work together because we get something out of it ultimately. It's as simple as that. We ceratinly don't do it out of the godness of our hearts.

MissJacksonCA
23-Jul-2007, 01:58 AM
yeah but i'm not going to depend on a prison inmate for something i'd rather band together with a zombie than a convict

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 02:13 AM
yeah but i'm not going to depend on a prison inmate for something i'd rather band together with a zombie than a convict

I agree that the people in a supermax are there for a reason. But in life you can't fit everyone neatly into seperate catagories. There are extenuating circumstances as too why people do things. Although i figure that you lack the patience or even the desire to try.

MissJacksonCA
23-Jul-2007, 02:16 AM
Hey now I get that some people do things in self defense or what have you... but I doubt they're housed in supermax facilities and either way... if a person did something drastic to land into jail they're likely to do something similar to you for what they view as the sake of their family or themselves... dont want that person with me either

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 02:19 AM
they're likely to do something similar to you for what they view as the sake of their family or themselves...

You mean like you? :rockbrow:

MissJacksonCA
23-Jul-2007, 02:24 AM
pretty much...

be afraid... be very afraid lol :mad:

EvilFlyingCow
23-Jul-2007, 02:31 AM
Sammy was locked away in that prison. For what?--for stealing a few bucks from that rip-off liquor store in the ghetto. The guy deserved it. He'd been charging the poor people two, sometimes three, dollars over the standard price for years.

And Tommy? He was a big superjock now. On the road somewhere. Hopefully in the Midwest. At least both of them would be relatively safe.

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 03:03 AM
^^ HUH? :confused:

EvilFlyingCow
23-Jul-2007, 04:56 AM
Sammy and Tommy are Peter's brothers

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 06:27 AM
I really need to dust off that book. :)

Philly_SWAT
23-Jul-2007, 03:37 PM
I just assume that if they're in a supermax they're the worst of the worst.
You know what they say about assuming......

So forgive me... I'm not that into rape... I'd kill them ...annnnnd I really dont think there's a lot of wrongfully convicted men in supermax prisons... not that i've ever known anyone in one but
So, someone in a "supermax" prison will automatically want to rape you? There are many comments I could make to that, both logical and/or sarcastic, but I won't. And the "not that i've ever known" comment says a lot too.

And as for people in prison for stealing, and dealing drugs... if someone steals they're likely to steal from you and betray you... and drug dealers have no respect for life why should they get to have one...
Anyone in prison is in there for breaking what "society" has determined as a law. In a zombie crisis, the essense of that society is totally gone. So whatever authority existed to incarcerate those people to being with no longer exists. By you killing all those inmates, you are taking the role of judge, juror, and executioner into your own hands with no knowledge whatsoever as to their situation. Are the those the qualities that you think are good for the new society? If someone stole a car pre-outbreak, because they were living what they considered a life bleaker than everyone else, in a mis-guided "keeping up with the Joneses" attitude, the reason for that mentality would be gone in a zombie crisis. We would all be equal. The rich lawyer would be no better off than the poor un-employed guy. Therefore, he wouldnt be just as likely to steal from you. As for drug dealers, again, dealing drugs as being something "wrong" would be the rules of the old society. Drug dealers are only filling a need of supply and demand. Our current drug policy is a disaster. Check your history books about how well prohibition of alcohol worked out.

I do believe that when **** hits the fan and zombies begin to spread that if you released prisons from such a SM prison they wouldn't suddenly band together to thwart the impending invasion. They have no sense of right or wrong or they wouldn't have broken the law.
By defintion, the difference between "right" and "wrong" is not necesarily defined by what the current "law" is.

But suffer no delusions... no one will come between me and survival except for children perhaps.
So how are you any better/different than those you are complaining about?

There's not a lot of genuinely nice people out there from what i've known and seen.
That is apparent from your previous posts. Doesnt mean they arent there.

I know two genuinely nice people out of thousands of people i've known over my short life. Maybe you guys are. But maybe you aren't.
It is a hard thing to truly "know" someone. You have known thousands? Hard to believe you on that one.

And i've never seen a person run into a burning building without being a fireman to save a person.
While not personally witnessing such a thing, I have seen many reports on the news of regular citizens risking their lives to help/save others. I guess you never have.

And Philly you'd be wise to kill me .. you too Darth... because unless I need you for something or I really like you ... you're dunfor... I'd be the Selena from 28 Days Later... my life is worth more than yours to me... so heaven help ya... because odds are I wont... most people dont pass muster with me
I wouldnt be surprised if you snapped and killed someone now in a non-zombie outbreak scenario with that attitude. Then you could get to know people locked in a super-max prison.

I know i was right. My instincts about people are never wrong. People band together because of one thing, it benefits them. In a case of emeregency you would need other people to do certain things that you couldn't do alone. It's been that way since the beginning of civilization. We work together because we get something out of it ultimately. It's as simple as that. We ceratinly don't do it out of the godness of our hearts.
Sometimes we do, sometimes we dont. Good point about banding together for selfish reasons because it benefits you. In economics, that is called the "invisable hand" theory.

I assume this is sarcastic, cuz a zombie for sure would kill you right away, even the most hardened criminal might not, at least for the selfish reasons darth mentioned above.

I agree that the people in a supermax are there for a reason. But in life you can't fit everyone neatly into seperate catagories. There are extenuating circumstances as too why people do things. Although i figure that you lack the patience or even the desire to try.
Good point. Actually, two good points. We are all to some extent products of our environment. In a zombie world, everyones environment will drastically change. There is no way to predict what various people in that situation would do. The murderer might be a good leader of survivors, and a bank executive might be a kill first, ask questions later kind of survivor.

Hey now I get that some people do things in self defense or what have you... but I doubt they're housed in supermax facilities and either way... if a person did something drastic to land into jail they're likely to do something similar to you for what they view as the sake of their family or themselves... dont want that person with me eitherNo doubt that in a zombie outbreak, everyone's attirudes about life in general will change. "Please" and "thank you" may be spoken less often. However, whether or not someone was in prison prior to the outbreak shouldnt be the main qualification of their value to the human race. If anything, you could say that hardcore inmates may stand a better chance of survival than the cashiers at Wal-Mart, and may be the best chance for the human race to survive. If you could care less about the survival of the species, then it stands to reason that you should just go ahead and be a thief and mureder right now.

MissJacksonCA
23-Jul-2007, 05:18 PM
I've had the disctint pleasure of visiting several prisons on a variety of security levels and judging by what anyone within eyeshot was saying any woman is a sexual target. Men only take it from men out of desperation in prison. At least that's what my friends friends from prison said to me.

I've always believed in the Judge Dredd means of justice. Why waste time and money trying to rehabilitate a person by locking him up with people whom they can exchange information with to become even better criminals. Our justice system is slow and provides no justice or a slow justice. I would happily take it upon myself to rid what's left of society of criminals I personally deem as undesireables. I'd consider it a community service.

I dont care for drug dealers or those who do drugs, never have and never will. I'd rid those people from my society if there could be an aynstoipia.

I dont define right and wrong by looking to the law for guidance. That's a personal belief of mine though laws can provide a rudimentary guideline for the basics of right and wrong. While nothing is black and white and perhaps someone broke a law out of need or necessity those lawbreakers are highly unlikely to be found at supermax prisons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermax

I'm better than the people I complain about because at least with me everyone knows exactly where they stand and what it would take to survive if they plan to latch onto my bandwagon. And I'd never shoot someone in the knee so they would be eaten to give me more time to flee.

I have known (ie met and made accquaintances and friends) with at least two thousand people. I judge that based on attending a high school with over 2000 thousand students and knowing most all of them during various runs for school office and school programs. Take into consideration being in that school for three years so knowing an added 1000 from the new classes that came into the school while I was there. Additionally I went to several other schools where I got to know most everyone in that school. Lets see... I also went to two different colleges and knew many there. My family may not be large but I got to know a lot of people through them from many woks of life. I've lived in four states/provinces and moved within them to a variety of different cities in each place. Summer cabin. Winter condo. Dads place. Mums. Mine. Prolly lived in 15 different cities and met various people there. And the address book of people I work for contains under 1000 people over a span of 15 states. Just calculating from my phone and cell phone bill I make a good deal of calls. So yes... ive known thousands... perhaps you're the shy type... i'm not.

I would never snap and kill someone. I've snapped and hit people. I've snapped and taken a golf club to a car. I've snapped and vandalized a building. I've snapped and blackmailed. But I dont kill people. Its more fun to make someone wish they were dead. Maybe they'd do the hard work for me. But i've never done that yet. :sneaky:

I have read articles on people who risk their lives for strangers. But they're a rare breed. Good luck finding one in an outbreak.

A criminal could well be a great survivor. But good survivors dont get caught. Ever. By the police, or by zombies. That's the key to survival. Criminals have no credit with me. I've been arrested and could possibly be a real danger to society but i'm not a supermax criminal. And that's who I'm talking about.

You dont have to like me but I'd be a great leader. I wouldn't be afraid to get the job done. Survival isn't for the meek or the weak or useless.

In a zombie world the fittest reproduce. Their survival is implied because they're the fittest but the key to a sustainable future population is procreation. In the present world any idiot can get knocked up or impregnate someone. But we aren't talking about present times we're talking about a future that never will be.

Yojimbo
23-Jul-2007, 06:09 PM

But I should imagine that peters bro was abandoned at the jail and forced to kill himself and then just came back z-style yo

Way too Machiavellian! Very bad for your karma.

MissJackson, you front a very tough image, and I assume you have your reasons, but this is just too extreme, even for you.

MissJacksonCA
23-Jul-2007, 06:22 PM
i dont really buy into karma...

Yojimbo
23-Jul-2007, 06:24 PM
i dont really buy into karma...

I respect your right to your opinion. With the statements that you have made, clearly you do not buy into the concept of karma.

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 06:29 PM
Some people just have alot of "discovering" to do on what life is really all about. One shouldn't let past experiences, especially bad ones, Taint their descisions on how they handle future events. That only serves to work against you and is a handicap when trying to asses a situation objectively.

MissJacksonCA
23-Jul-2007, 06:31 PM
Its true...with time people change... I sure do... like the weather ... its all part of growing up and progressing...

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 06:36 PM
I know it's hard. Faith in people is so hard to build up and so easy to have torn down.

MissJacksonCA
23-Jul-2007, 06:37 PM
you sound like oprah :lol::lol::lol:

DEAD BEAT
23-Jul-2007, 06:50 PM
With all the negativity I guess we can assume Peter's brother kissed his asss goodbye!:eek:

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 08:47 PM
you sound like oprah :lol::lol::lol:

I can think of much worse people i can sound like.

With all the negativity I guess we can assume Peter's brother kissed his asss goodbye!:eek:

It's always dangerous to assume. I guess it depends on who was in charge of the prison. If mj was then you know that nothing good would happen to the inmates. As for your question, i think that he stood a 50/50 chance of making it out of the prison alive, after that it's anyone's guess.

MikePizzoff
23-Jul-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow, brother, you have been in the northeast too long! I'm glad I left. Who the hell is saying everyone in jail is wrongfully imprisoned? Absolutely impossible. You have obviously been protesting too long for that former Black Panther Mumia Abu-Jamal (cop killer).

You think it'd be a scenario out of Precinct 13 where the cops and criminals would all work together in harmony? You should crawl out of your cushioned shell once in a while to see what the real world is like. I worked law enforcement for a few years; there are a lot of people who have a hatred for the law, whether it’s a cop, prison guard, government agent, etc. You think letting them out of jail cell in the midst of a crisis will change all of their attitudes?

Maybe you'd turn your back on a convicted ("wrongly accused") murderer, child rapist, crack head, cannibal or god knows who else you'd chose to free and arm....but not me. I'd sooner shoot you outright or put you in a cage with these fine individuals so that they will have some entertainment to keep them quiet until they starve to death.

Wow, brother, put on your reading glasses and re-look at what I said. Not once did I say everyone in prison is wrongfully imprisoned. Not once did I say I support Mumia Abdul Jabar. Not once did I say let the murderer's out of their cells. In fact I even said to keep them in their cells.

Jesus christ.

CapnRhodes
23-Jul-2007, 10:15 PM

I never thought about that

like my avatar?

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 10:47 PM
Wow, brother, put on your reading glasses and re-look at what I said. Not once did I say everyone in prison is wrongfully imprisoned. Not once did I say I support Mumia Abdul Jabar. Not once did I say let the murderer's out of their cells. In fact I even said to keep them in their cells.

Jesus christ.

"Free Mr. Clark!! FREE MR. CLARK." :p

Philly_SWAT
23-Jul-2007, 11:58 PM
I've had the disctint pleasure of visiting several prisons on a variety of security levels and judging by what anyone within eyeshot was saying any woman is a sexual target. Men only take it from men out of desperation in prison. At least that's what my friends friends from prison said to me. Well, I am sure that if you set a bunch of men on fire, they would be making comments about wanting some water, regardless of what they'd have to do to get it. Once they were out, they would have a normal desire for water, just like everyone else. Same applues to men in prison with no women there. Assuming that the inmates knew there was a zombie outbreak occuring, I doubt there first course of action would be to rape someone. They would set about finding means to survive.

I've always believed in the Judge Dredd means of justice. Why waste time and money trying to rehabilitate a person by locking him up with people whom they can exchange information with to become even better criminals. Our justice system is slow and provides no justice or a slow justice. I would happily take it upon myself to rid what's left of society of criminals I personally deem as undesireables. I'd consider it a community service.
Personally, I never respect someone who has the view that they alone are superior to all others and that their ideas are by defintion the correct ones. I certainly wouldnt want someone like that making decisions as to who was worthy of living and who wasnt. By your view, someone who personally deems you as "undesireable" would be justified in killing you.

I dont care for drug dealers or those who do drugs, never have and never will. I'd rid those people from my society if there could be an aynstoipia.
Again, if someone didnt care for (insert characterictic of MissJacksonCa here) and never would, would you want them ridding you from the face of the earth? Also, I went to google.com, and came up with this after a search:
Your search - aynstoipia - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords

I dont define right and wrong by looking to the law for guidance. That's a personal belief of mine though laws can provide a rudimentary guideline for the basics of right and wrong. While nothing is black and white and perhaps someone broke a law out of need or necessity those lawbreakers are highly unlikely to be found at supermax prisons. You say you dont define what is right and wrong by looking to the law, then criticize "lawbreakers". O.K.

I'm better than the people I complain about because at least with me everyone knows exactly where they stand and what it would take to survive if they plan to latch onto my bandwagon. And I'd never shoot someone in the knee so they would be eaten to give me more time to flee.
No, you'd probably just shoot them in the back!

I have known (ie met and made accquaintances and friends) with at least two thousand people. I judge that based on attending a high school with over 2000 thousand students and knowing most all of them during various runs for school office and school programs. Take into consideration being in that school for three years so knowing an added 1000 from the new classes that came into the school while I was there. Additionally I went to several other schools where I got to know most everyone in that school. Lets see... I also went to two different colleges and knew many there. My family may not be large but I got to know a lot of people through them from many woks of life. I've lived in four states/provinces and moved within them to a variety of different cities in each place. Summer cabin. Winter condo. Dads place. Mums. Mine. Prolly lived in 15 different cities and met various people there. And the address book of people I work for contains under 1000 people over a span of 15 states. Just calculating from my phone and cell phone bill I make a good deal of calls. So yes... ive known thousands... perhaps you're the shy type... i'm not.
I do not consider myself the shy type. I also went to a high school with over 2,000 students. I also have lived in different cities, worked many jobs, etc. No doubt, I have met, talked to, could recognize today thousands of people. I guess we must differ on what it means to "know" someone. Just because I sat in 10th grade English class with someone, talked to them, ate lunch in the same area as them, etc. does not mean to me that I "know" them. To me, to know someone means to have long meaningful discussions with someone, observe their behavior in a variety of circumstances, etc. Simply knowing someones name and a few facts about them does not mean that I "know" them.

I would never snap and kill someone. I've snapped and hit people. I've snapped and taken a golf club to a car. I've snapped and vandalized a building. I've snapped and blackmailed. But I dont kill people. Its more fun to make someone wish they were dead. Maybe they'd do the hard work for me. But i've never done that yet. :sneaky:If all those "snaps" are not a warning sign, then I dont know what they are.....

I have read articles on people who risk their lives for strangers. But they're a rare breed. Good luck finding one in an outbreak.Good luck finding any survivors at all in an outbreak, especially if you visited the area I am in before I did......

A criminal could well be a great survivor. But good survivors dont get caught. Ever. By the police, or by zombies. That's the key to survival. Criminals have no credit with me. I've been arrested and could possibly be a real danger to society but i'm not a supermax criminal. And that's who I'm talking about.
Its a bird, its a plane, its..... SUPERMAX!!!!!

You dont have to like me but I'd be a great leader. I wouldn't be afraid to get the job done. Survival isn't for the meek or the weak or useless.All those qualities, and humble too!

In a zombie world the fittest reproduce. Their survival is implied because they're the fittest but the key to a sustainable future population is procreation. In the present world any idiot can get knocked up or impregnate someone. But we aren't talking about present times we're talking about a future that never will be.
In a zombie world, anyone could and would get killed, even some that were the "fittest". The more people alive, the more chance of procreation happening. If you, and everyone else, decided to kill everyone that they didnt deem worthy, there would hardly be anyone left.

flyboy
24-Jul-2007, 02:48 AM

:Dyou would be okay if you were on alcatraz! albeit for only a few weeks tho!

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 04:46 AM
Great leaders don't have to proclaim that they are great. People just follow them because they want to be near them and feel that they have the answers that they've been looking for. However, i haven't heard a rational one as of yet.

DEAD BEAT
24-Jul-2007, 04:57 AM
Great leaders don't have to proclaim that they are great. People just follow them because they want to be near them and feel that they have the answers that they've been looking for. However, i haven't heard a rational one as of yet.

Just like Bush!

jim102016
24-Jul-2007, 04:13 PM

Jesus christ.

Nope, brother, I have 20/20 vision. You need to clarify/expand on your explanation of "wrongfully prosecuted".

Danny
24-Jul-2007, 05:12 PM

my moneys on randal flagg helpin' em out.

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 05:22 PM
Its true...with time people change... I sure do... like the weather

I wasn't talking about "tha time of the month" mj. :p

Danny
24-Jul-2007, 05:32 PM
*every guy in the thread looks away making that "tsss" noise when things get awquard*

Yojimbo
24-Jul-2007, 07:22 PM
*every guy in the thread looks away making that "tsss" noise when things get awquard*

ILMFAO!!

DjfunkmasterG
20-Aug-2007, 02:50 PM
Well after re-reading this thread, which was verly lengthy, I have come to the conclusion like darth I believe, in that everyone just wants something for themselves.

Perfect example was the plain fire in Japan... nobody wanted to help anyone off the plain, they just shoved and walked over each other to get out. It is all about self preservation, which in and of itself is a very sad fact.

darth los
20-Aug-2007, 11:29 PM
Well after re-reading this thread, which was verly lengthy, I have come to the conclusion like darth I believe, in that everyone just wants something for themselves.

Perfect example was the plain fire in Japan... nobody wanted to help anyone off the plain, they just shoved and walked over each other to get out. It is all about self preservation, which in and of itself is a very sad fact.

Continuing that sentiment, i you think about it the basic instinct is "SELF" preservation, everything else is secondary. Pople performing selfless acts is not a normal reaction.

For example, i don't know if you heard about the man in nyc a few months back who actually dove into the subway tracks with an oncoming train fast approaching to save the life of another man who apparently had a siezure and fell in. He kept him pinned down so that he wouldn't be hurt ant further. 99% of people would not have done that. That's the definition of normal. What the overwhelming majority of people do. Not to say that he's not a hero and what he did wasn't extraordinary but it wasn't normal. The brains of People who would do are wired differently. I think people that sign up for military service think similarly. Very admirable.

dmbfanintn
21-Aug-2007, 01:15 PM
You dont have to like me but I'd be a great leader. I wouldn't be afraid to get the job done. Survival isn't for the meek or the weak or useless.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

That has got to be one of the funniest things I have ever read on this board!

You are certainly a piece of work MissJack.....

DEAD BEAT
21-Aug-2007, 02:54 PM
You know, when Peter said pro ball player, I pictured baseball.
Everyone sees it different.

Well that's a little racist, how do you know he didn't mean polo?
he he he..lol

BTW: this thread of mine has gotten as long as my johnson!:eek:

Yes ladies my johnson!;):D:p:lol:

MissJacksonCA
21-Aug-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks DMB :) I'll take it as a compliment ...

clanglee
22-Aug-2007, 01:43 AM
Should I even mention 9/11? About how people did indeed bond together in a time of major crisis? About how many "hero" stories came out of that one event?

dmbfanintn
22-Aug-2007, 12:02 PM
Thanks DMB :) I'll take it as a compliment ...

I wouldn't expect any less!

Yojimbo
23-Aug-2007, 01:43 AM
It is a shame-- though somewhat understandable -- that the majority of people revert to the animalistic urge to simply survive and damn all others in a bad situation. It is indeed rare when someone ignores the common survival instinct and chooses to risk his or her own life for the good of others, but it does happen from time to time as others here have pointed out.

It is those people that restore my hope in mankind. If there are people out there like that then maybe we aren't all doomed.

clanglee
23-Aug-2007, 03:28 AM
oh and back to the original point. For a nice idea of what might happen in a "jail-safe-house" scenario, read The Walking Dead comics. Or rather, just read 'em anyways. They are great!!
:skull:

Mike70
24-Dec-2007, 02:14 AM
In a zombie crisis, I think I would have to kill MissJacksonCA right off the bat. All of her responses seem to have her killing anyone and everyone to satisfy her own selfish needs.

hahahaha. you never know what kind of gem you will come across surfing through old threads. this one killed me. bravo philly.:D:lol:

acealive1
24-Dec-2007, 02:49 AM

Lunch

Legion2213
24-Dec-2007, 05:39 AM
I'm with the "kill 'em all" crew....I don't see why rapists, molestors and murderers should leech off the resources of decent survivors.

And if I'm a screw (prison guard) there is no way I am releasing even the most petty of criminals and continually having to watch my back from folks who will naturally resent me for keeping them locked up.

Best they can hope for is to be shoved out of the prison gates in the clothes on their back...they'll have to find their own safety.

When all is said and done though, a prison would be an excellent place to hide out in a zack apocalypse if you had a few dozen trustworthy reliable folks to watch over the place.

acealive1
24-Dec-2007, 07:36 AM
they'd let all the prisoners loose. just like when hurricane katrina hit in new orleans. they maced em all though

SRP76
24-Dec-2007, 11:45 PM
They must all be destroyed.

They have no use to your group; they couldn't even handle regular society, so they sure as hell won't be team players when there are no more rules.

With that, you must rid yourselves of the prisoners. Turn them loose? Oh, hell no. That will only result in them all getting chewed up by the undead horde. Once that happens, they'll all JOIN those ranks. Not good. You must prevent people from ending up as more zombies.

So, the best course of action is a headshot on each convict.

clanglee
31-Dec-2007, 11:03 PM
Wow, thought I had killed this thread months ago. :D

DEAD BEAT
02-Jan-2008, 04:00 AM
Wow, thought I had killed this thread months ago. :D

U? I posted this bastard long time ago and haven't been on here in months, i can't believe its still getting comments!

Cudos for me!!!:p:D:moon:

acealive1
02-Jan-2008, 04:42 AM
They must all be destroyed.

They have no use to your group; they couldn't even handle regular society, so they sure as hell won't be team players when there are no more rules.

With that, you must rid yourselves of the prisoners. Turn them loose? Oh, hell no. That will only result in them all getting chewed up by the undead horde. Once that happens, they'll all JOIN those ranks. Not good. You must prevent people from ending up as more zombies.

So, the best course of action is a headshot on each convict.

in a natural disaster like that in new orleans,all prisoners are set loose if the city sees fit. minimum security prisoners are almost a given otherwise they woulda died in jail

darth los
02-Jan-2008, 07:15 AM
U? I posted this bastard long time ago and haven't been on here in months, i can't believe its still getting comments!

Cudos for me!!!:p:D:moon:

Yeah, son. You da man !! I haven't been here in a while either. Finals are over though and you guys will be sick of me soon. You know it's feast or famine with me.

Trencher
02-Jan-2008, 08:05 AM
What the hell is it with all this quasi-quisling-crime-groupie-crap? Are you seriously ganging up on a woman and attacking her because she is afraid she will be murdered, raped and terrorized by a bunch of murderers, rapists and terrorists? The guy who stole a car and or sold a bag of weed are not in the super max security prison. Hell he is probably not in jail at all. Life is not a hollywood movie where every criminal only steal from icky yuppie/racist/the political faction you don't like/your parents/fat/ugly people. Nor are chances very high that they would sacrifice their life for you like they do in the movies. The reason criminal gangs keep getting new recruits is because there are always scum sucking cowards out there who would rather be the bitch of any loser with a weapon and a will to use it rather than standing up for himself, after all if you lick their boots long enough you there might be a chance you will get a poor bastard beneath you in the pecking order. And you would never get that chance if you just hung out with regular folks! Blargh this authoritarian bull**** is making me sick in my stomach!
Everybody know that if you let hundreds of criminals join your group you will have to accept their lifestyle, so the only one who would join them are people who either secretly or not so secretly desire that lifestyle they have been to afraid of the law to do it before. It is also very noticeable how the veiled death threats and threatening tone came very quickly from the pro criminal camp. The only thing more annoying than a power worshiping moral whore of a semi-facist is a power worshiping moral whore of a semi-facist that hides himself under a thin veneer of political correctness and liberal babble!

clanglee
02-Jan-2008, 08:32 AM
Ok then. . . . :confused:

SRP76
02-Jan-2008, 01:30 PM
in a natural disaster like that in new orleans,all prisoners are set loose if the city sees fit. minimum security prisoners are almost a given otherwise they woulda died in jail

In a "normal" situation, I would have no issue with that approach. Just let them go, and you're safe. If they get themselves killed out there, no big deal.

But in the "dead" world, it changes: when you let them go, you run the risk of them literally joining the "enemy" ranks. You'd let them go now, just to have a few hundred of them become new zombies banging on the door a week later. And that's the thing the has to be avoided at all costs.

Trin
02-Jan-2008, 04:13 PM
There are options beyond "kill them all" and "let them loose."

What I believe would happen is that after the fall of society in general - once the prison realized it was on its own - the inmates would be involuntarily commissioned into service keeping the areas around the facility clear of zombies and/or going on scavenging runs outside. They'd be issued weapons as necessary for close combat with zombies (blunt melee weapons) and they'd be given the most dangerous and/or unenviable tasks. Entering unsecured buildings, exploring surrounding areas, transporting supplies, etc. The guards would oversee the operations from a relative position of safety. Inmates that got out of line or were habitual trouble makers would be given progressively more dangerous tasks as an example to others.

Prisons make the inmates work. The post-zombie prison would be no different.

jim102016
02-Jan-2008, 05:18 PM
There are options beyond "kill them all" and "let them loose."

What I believe would happen is that after the fall of society in general - once the prison realized it was on its own - the inmates would be involuntarily commissioned into service keeping the areas around the facility clear of zombies and/or going on scavenging runs outside. They'd be issued weapons as necessary for close combat with zombies (blunt melee weapons) and they'd be given the most dangerous and/or unenviable tasks. Entering unsecured buildings, exploring surrounding areas, transporting supplies, etc. The guards would oversee the operations from a relative position of safety. Inmates that got out of line or were habitual trouble makers would be given progressively more dangerous tasks as an example to others.

Prisons make the inmates work. The post-zombie prison would be no different.

Maybe in fantasy land, I hope you're dealing with a minumum security prison or maybe one of those golf course resort type prisons. Even then, I wouldn't trust those guys completely.

darth los
02-Jan-2008, 06:01 PM
Ok then. . . . :confused:

:lol::lol:

I know right !! I want him to Tell us how he really feels. LOL.

Trin
02-Jan-2008, 06:35 PM
Maybe in fantasy land, I hope you're dealing with a minumum security prison or maybe one of those golf course resort type prisons. Even then, I wouldn't trust those guys completely.Who said anything about trust? Prisons have made inmates work for centuries both inside outside of the prison walls. It isn't about trust. It's about control. Chain gangs and forced labor camps run rampant through history.

SRP76
02-Jan-2008, 07:20 PM
Who said anything about trust? Prisons have made inmates work for centuries both inside outside of the prison walls. It isn't about trust. It's about control. Chain gangs and forced labor camps run rampant through history.

Yes, but you're just one guy with a rifle and a revolver. Forcing hundreds of inmates to do anything will take a LOT more manpower than a survivor of the dead can muster.

acealive1
02-Jan-2008, 08:19 PM
In a "normal" situation, I would have no issue with that approach. Just let them go, and you're safe. If they get themselves killed out there, no big deal.

But in the "dead" world, it changes: when you let them go, you run the risk of them literally joining the "enemy" ranks. You'd let them go now, just to have a few hundred of them become new zombies banging on the door a week later. And that's the thing the has to be avoided at all costs.

i seriously doubt theres any prisoners when martial law is in effect

DubiousComforts
02-Jan-2008, 11:40 PM
The only thing more annoying than a power worshiping moral whore of a semi-facist is a power worshiping moral whore of a semi-facist that hides himself under a thin veneer of political correctness and liberal babble!
You should have quit while you were way behind.

i seriously doubt theres any prisoners when martial law is in effect
That's right because then everyone is a prisoner.

acealive1
03-Jan-2008, 01:19 AM
You should have quit while you were way behind.

That's right because then everyone is a prisoner.

just means theres no law in effect because all resources are exhausted

DubiousComforts
03-Jan-2008, 06:09 AM
just means theres no law in effect because all resources are exhausted
That's not what is meant by martial law. It is absolute rule (usually through military force) by the government to maintain law and order during a state of emergency. All constitutional rights would be suspended indefinitely. By executive order, the government could seize your property, your vehicles and you could be made to work. Civilian firearms would undoubtedly be seized.

If there ever was a zombie outbreak, what to do with incarcerated criminals would be the least of the problems.

Trencher
03-Jan-2008, 08:10 AM
You should have quit while you were way behind. Behind?

That's not what is meant by martial law. It is absolute rule (usually through military force) by the government to maintain law and order during a state of emergency. All constitutional rights would be suspended indefinitely. By executive order, the government could seize your property, your vehicles and you could be made to work. Civilian firearms would undoubtedly be seized. This is so lame even Romero had citizen millitia in his movies.

DubiousComforts
03-Jan-2008, 04:16 PM
This is so lame even Romero had citizen millitia in his movies.
And just look at how well all of that worked out.

Did you miss the first fifteen minutes of DAWN? That's the effect of martial law.

Trencher
03-Jan-2008, 04:41 PM
No you have gotten the message in DAWN all wrong, they were not attacked by the goverment because they had guns they were attacked because they would not let the goverment dispose of the bodies, in essence they were conspirazy cooks who made a bad situation worse.

Legion2213
04-Jan-2008, 05:19 AM
No you have gotten the message in DAWN all wrong, they were not attacked by the goverment because they had guns they were attacked because they would not let the goverment dispose of the bodies, in essence they were conspirazy cooks who made a bad situation worse.

This is correct. The authorities wanted the dead bodies so they could headshot them properly and limit the zombie outbreak, which is why we see the "Iron City Massive" out there with their hunting rifles helping the cause.

We do hear all the stuff about nobody being allowed to stay in private residnce no matter how well stocked etc...but we do not hear anything about handing in private fire arms. It's natural to believe that the government can protect folks easier if the folks are all grouped together, I can see the logic in that.