PDA

View Full Version : XBox Mortal Kombat

EvilNed
21-Jul-2007, 06:18 PM
Hey all you XBox users. I've got an old dusty machine at home (the first XBox). And I'm in the mood for Mortal Kombat. Which one of the games should I get? If I understand my sources correctly, the three games are Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon?

darth los
21-Jul-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey all you XBox users. I've got an old dusty machine at home (the first XBox). And I'm in the mood for Mortal Kombat. Which one of the games should I get? If I understand my sources correctly, the three games are Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon?

If you're going old school, then MK 2 is the one to get. Of the one's that you listed Armageddon is the newer game but deception is rated much higher and the better game imo. Check them out on this page:

http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?type=11&stype=all&tag=search%3Bbutton&om_act=convert&om_clk=search&qs=mortal+kombat&x=28&y=16

EvilNed
21-Jul-2007, 06:36 PM
MK2 was never my favourite game. I preferred 3. MkTrilogy was good too and I DID enjoy MK4 quite alot for being so fast paced.

I'm gonna check out those ratings!

darth los
21-Jul-2007, 07:34 PM
MK2 was never my favourite game. I preferred 3. MkTrilogy was good too and I DID enjoy MK4 quite alot for being so fast paced.

I'm gonna check out those ratings!

I find those rating to be very helpful. I never buy a game withouut checking with that site first.

capncnut
21-Jul-2007, 07:35 PM
Yes, get Deception. It's got that addictive little chess game on the side.

CornishCorpse
21-Jul-2007, 08:43 PM
Armageddon by far..It has everything the other two games has plus more come on, this is a game that boasts every charecter in the mortal kombat universe aswell as adding four new ones. Throw in the create a fatalitie and charaecter options and finally the mario karts esque free mini game youve got youreself a winner!

Besides this is the only game where the konquest feature has been sorted out and works. It plays alot like fighting force but with fun gore and quick fatalities, the plot itself isnt important but the mode is a big improvemnt on the other two games. In the other games the konquest mode involves you going around doing various moves at certain times and if you cant do the moves then you cant progress.

CoinReturn
21-Jul-2007, 08:48 PM
If you want REAL fatalities, get Deception. Armageddon replaced character-specific fatalities with "dial-a-kill" ones so that they could fit all the characters. Also, check out Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Its a 1 or 2 player beat-em-up, like Double Dragon (except with a deep fighting system and fatalities).

CornishCorpse
21-Jul-2007, 09:57 PM
Real Fatalities? I like the fatalities in armageddon but I miss the old school ones and the style of play in konquest is alot like Shaolin Monks, alot of re-used models but its fun as hell for a laugh or to unlock new charecters.

EvilNed
21-Jul-2007, 10:38 PM
Fatalities don't really bother me, seeing as I can never ever get them to work - ever! I'm more into fast paced, bloody MK action. Right now I'm actually leaning towards Armageddon simply for the fact that it has ALL Mortal Kombat characters in it too date. Deception is just missing too many, such as Johnny Cage, Sonya and Jax.

darth los
22-Jul-2007, 03:11 AM
Fatalities don't really bother me, seeing as I can never ever get them to work - ever! I'm more into fast paced, bloody MK action. Right now I'm actually leaning towards Armageddon simply for the fact that it has ALL Mortal Kombat characters in it too date. Deception is just missing too many, such as Johnny Cage, Sonya and Jax.

They put more content in it because it's the inferior game imo. They had to give an incentive to buy it.

I thought i was the only one who couldn't get those fatalities to work. :lol:

MikePizzoff
22-Jul-2007, 04:45 AM
Wrong forum! Move this, mods. There are plenty of you; someone do it!

EvilNed
22-Jul-2007, 01:15 PM
lol, you're right. I forgot we have a gaming forum.

Well, except the "sucky fatalities" thing, what's so bad about Armageddon? Becuase I like many characters, and not having Johnny Cage, Jax and Sonya is just not a Mortal Kombat game to me.

Kaos
22-Jul-2007, 04:44 PM
Moved. Thanks, guys!

EvilNed
22-Jul-2007, 04:44 PM
Turns out my bro already had Mortal Kombat Deception for his XBox, so I went ahead and bought Armageddon. After playing both of them briefly, I don't see what's wrong with Armageddon. I'm having a blast in two-player mode. My only gripe so far is that some characters are really weak, while others are really strong. Scorpion, for instance, is rather weak and Sub-Zero can kick anyones ass. Scorpions combos are a bit too similar to each other so I mix them up with each other, and in the end only one of them is REALLY good (the one where he teleports behind the enemy). His Hellfire thing is weak and does no damage, his flame kick has a short range and is easily dodgeable and his spear is not as fast as it used to be. Easy to block.

Sub-Zero however can do alot of combos quickly, and they're all different so you don't mix them up. Only gripe is that the one where you blow the enemy up in a "tornado" thing is kinda worthless.

darth los
22-Jul-2007, 04:58 PM
Sub zero and scorpion are ny favs from that series. They are the default characters kinda like ken and ryu from street fighter. Anyone can pretty much pick up a controller an play as them.

EvilNed
24-Jul-2007, 02:40 PM
Man, I'm in such a Mortal Kombat mood. I forgot how much I love this series. Give me gore and ripped off spines!

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 05:01 PM
AND PURPLE BLOOD !! :lol:

Rottedfreak
14-Feb-2008, 08:30 AM
I got Armageddon for the Wii and found it a mixed bag, it's not the controls it's the presentation and game.
There's some neat death traps in the arenas but not not many arenas - I have counted eight. compared to previous games that had more then ten and it's not enough, they aren't anything special either.
The endings are rubbish and only feature the characters training with a narration of what happened afterwards. The lack of character bios is also a let down.
Konquest mode is great, well worth doing to get the extras.
Kreate a character is fantastic with all it's options.
There's not enough game modes just versus, endurance and arcade. Some more from previous installments like UMK3 and Trilogy such as Tournament mode would have been a nice edition.
It's also good that the game offers the player to use a control pad instead of the Wiimote, it's not that responsive to a fighting game but this is a good start.

EvilNed
20-Feb-2008, 09:11 AM
Still prefer Armageddon to Deception. Infact, much more so now than before. But Chess Mode was cool in Deception. Wish they had something like that in Armageddon, cause racing just sucks.