PDA

View Full Version : A question about a sci-fi book title

DeadJonas190
23-Jul-2007, 06:35 AM
I don't remember who wrote it, but I read it in highschool, here is what I remember about it.

There was a cylander shaped object that entered our solar system and some astronauts were sent to investigate it. It turned out that the object was an ark of sorts because the things inside came alive as it came closer to the sun. The problem was that it was headed straight into the sun so there was only a short time to investigate it and what was going on inside of it.

I have been trying to remember the name of this book or who wrote it for a few years now, if anybody could tell me the name I would appreciate it.

MissJacksonCA
23-Jul-2007, 02:10 PM
it would help to know about when you went to high school since your age isn't listed... because it could be a book someone else read in say college or junior high... etc...

Geophyrd
23-Jul-2007, 03:16 PM
Sounds like it could be Rendezvous with Rama, the Arthur C Clarke novel, but I don't recall that Rama was going to collide with the sun so much as sling shot around it. Incidently, apparently Morgan Freeman has had a dream project to create a movie version of Rama for years.

darth los
23-Jul-2007, 05:09 PM
Whatever the title it sounds crazy and like something i'd be into. Be sure to post the title when you remember it. :) Sorry i couldn't help.

RustyHicks
23-Jul-2007, 11:47 PM
I tried to wreck my brain figuring it out,
couldn't do it. Sounds like a good book,
be sure to let us know when you find out

Debbieangel
24-Jul-2007, 01:23 AM
That sounds familiar but sorry I dont know the title.

DeadJonas190
24-Jul-2007, 06:09 AM
Sounds like it could be Rendezvous with Rama, the Arthur C Clarke novel, but I don't recall that Rama was going to collide with the sun so much as sling shot around it. Incidently, apparently Morgan Freeman has had a dream project to create a movie version of Rama for years.

Thats it! Thanks a lot, now it's off to search for a copy!

Neil
24-Jul-2007, 08:27 AM
Thats it! Thanks a lot, now it's off to search for a copy!

I recall that book... There's been talk of a film a couple of times, but never seems to get made...

That said (fingers crossed):-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134933/
http://www.revelationsent.com/site/projects/in_development/rama.html

Morgan Freeman owns the film rights to the book and is starring in it :)

ps: Hopefully this will be done in 3D as well!