PDA

View Full Version : 'Rock Band' Collection: $199 !?!

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 02:10 AM
They're really pushing the envelope with these prices. Personally i would not pay this much for a game. To be fair i'm not into the genre. Does this seem to be a tad much to anyone?

There will be a version for both the 360 and ps3.

http://www.ebgames.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=Rock+Band+Collection+&N=0&find.x=34&find.y=6

Danny
24-Jul-2007, 06:27 AM
considering you get the mic, drums and guitar all for that price ,which is around £96 and guitar hero is £75 for only a small crappy guitar controller made of just plastic ,then yes, yes its worth it.

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 01:24 PM
considering you get the mic, drums and guitar all for that price ,which is around £96 and guitar hero is £75 for only a small crappy guitar controller made of just plastic ,then yes, yes its worth it.

That's apart from the song packs that i'm sure are going to be downloadable soon after the game's release. This is just a starting point. A game like this is sure to drive prices up in the future. If it does well i expect that to happen. Also what if the game is not very good? That's a big investment. It's almost as musch as a console.

Danny
24-Jul-2007, 01:28 PM
buying the songs off marketplace for about 8 quids worth of mircosoft points is better than a new expansion for yeat another 30 quid jsut becuase your paying for the disc and the case:rolleyes:

*sahkes head* darth,man, you gotta play some guitar hero 2, then youll understand;)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/070423.jpg

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 01:35 PM
If this craze keeps up i might just have to break down and buy it. I don't know anybody who doesn't think that the game isn't totally bad ass.

That cartoon is hilarious hells. I love the part about not thinking that you can really play. Maybe that's the big appeal about it. people being able to live out their rockstar fantasies. Everybody has to have a dream right?

Danny
24-Jul-2007, 01:36 PM
and who hasnt daydreamed about being a rockstar at least once?

...k, maaaaybe amish kids, but aside form that everyone.:lol:

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 01:39 PM
and who hasnt daydreamed about being a rockstar at least once?

...k, maaaaybe amish kids, but aside form that everyone.:lol:

lol.

It sure looks a hell of alot more sane than air guitar.

Danny
24-Jul-2007, 01:45 PM
thats only cus its not wireless yet.:sneaky:

MikePizzoff
24-Jul-2007, 08:38 PM
Totally worth it, considering you're not only getting the game and a guitar but also a microphone and drum set. The drum set is very cool, too. Look up pics of it.

I can't wait for this game! I'm going to be so broke this fall with these games coming:
-Halo 3
-GTA IV
-Guitar Hero III
-Rock Band

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 08:45 PM
Totally worth it, considering you're not only getting the game and a guitar but also a microphone and drum set. The drum set is very cool, too. Look up pics of it.

I can't wait for this game! I'm going to be so broke this fall with these games coming:
-Halo 3
-GTA IV
-Guitar Hero III
-Rock Band

Ha! You're not alone dude. They really know our weak spots don't they?

My list is already as follows.

-halo 3
-gta 4
-bioshock
-mass effect
-silient hill origins
-god of war: chains of olympus

and i'm still on the fence about a few others!! Also, i gotta get atleast 60 bucks in marketplace points. There's some good stuff i want to download.

Danny
25-Jul-2007, 07:45 AM
youd rather have the european company made origins rather than 5 which is made by the origional team?!?:eek:

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 04:14 PM
youd rather have the european company made origins rather than 5 which is made by the origional team?!?:eek:

Yeah i know what you mean. It happened with the splinter cell series. The first one or two were made by one team in ubisoft and then the 3rd was made by a different division. You could tell because it was a different experience. Not better or worse just... different.:rockbrow: