PDA

View Full Version : F*****G Insanity

Tied2thetracks
24-Jul-2007, 10:48 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290522,00.html

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — This city is becoming the first in the nation to offer identification cards to illegal immigrants, trying to bring them out of the shadows even as many municipalities crack down on them.

Beginning Tuesday, New Haven will offer the ID cards to all of its 125,000 residents, including some 10,000 to 12,000 illegal immigrants.

The cards will allow immigrants to open bank accounts and use other services that may be unavailable without driver's licenses or state-issued IDs. If they can open bank accounts, immigrants will be less likely to carry large amounts of cash, a practice that makes them easy targets for robbers.

• Monitor the disorder on the border at FOXNews.com's Immigration Center.

City officials say the cards will also encourage immigrants who are crime victims or witnesses to cooperate with police.

"The simple straightforward purpose here is to build a stronger community," Mayor John DeStefano said Monday. "You can't police a community of people who won't talk to our cops.

Opponents say the cards will encourage more illegal immigration.

"It's going to be a welcome mat for illegal aliens to come to the region, flood the labor market and dry up working-class and middle-class jobs," said Bill Farrel, coordinator of the Southern Connecticut Immigration reform.

DeStefano said that wasn't true.

"Work draws it, not a piece of plastic," the mayor said.

He said the federal government has failed to address immigration-related issues, forcing cities to find ways to manage them.

The ID cards stand in contrast to new laws or proposals in more than 90 cities or counties around the nation prohibiting landlords from leasing to illegal immigrants, penalizing businesses that employ them or training police to enforce immigration laws.

New Haven already offers federal tax help to immigrants and prohibits police from asking about their immigration status. The new ID cards cost $5 for children and $10 for adults.

Days after city officials approved the program, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents conducted raids that led to about 30 arrests. City officials said the raids appeared to be retaliatory, but ICE officials have said the raids had nothing to do with the city's approval of the ID program.

They would not comment on the prospects of more raids.

"ICE is mandated by Congress to enforce a wide range of immigration and customs laws and we will continue to enforce those laws in Connecticut and throughout the U.S.," the agency said in a statement.

DeStefano acknowledged that some immigrants may be reluctant to apply for an ID card because of the raids, but predicted most will still seek the ID cards.

Junta For Progressive Action, an advocacy group for Latinos, quickly ran out of 50 applications for the cards on Friday, executive director Sarahi Almonte said.

"The benefits outweigh the risks," she said.

I know most are sick of my imigration posts, I only throw them up there when i find someting that really pisses me off.

I am willing to bet that over the next 5 years I will be taxed for being white, I mean caucasion,irish/german american

Danny
24-Jul-2007, 12:02 PM
hey you cant argue with less muggings though.

Andy
24-Jul-2007, 12:15 PM
Sounds like the kind of thing our goverment would come up with tbh..

EvilNed
24-Jul-2007, 01:53 PM
Yes! The plan is working...

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2007, 02:08 PM
Sounds like the kind of thing our goverment would come up with tbh..
Saw something in the paper today, one of their new plans (as if planning to build all these new houses they keep banging on about on flood plains with no proper idea how to defend against floods, even though it's not actually rocket science wasn't bad enough) is to install cameras in lamp-posts to have an 'eye level' view of the street. :eek:

I think they're also supposed to have microphones in them as well - I'm sorry, but you can't get more Big Brother than that, and it's not required at all, at least not if we want to actually remain free, rather than spied upon.

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 02:31 PM
Since our gov't can't get anything done and can't get past partisan bickering they have not as of yet passed any illegal imigrant legislation. This leaves the country with no way to deal with it. The municipalities have to make their own laws regarding these matters. I'm sure that a southwest border state will pass legislation in opposition to this. It depends where you are in the country how this issue is going to go.

flyboy
24-Jul-2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290522,00.html

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — This city is becoming the first in the nation to offer identification cards to illegal immigrants, trying to bring them out of the shadows even as many municipalities crack down on them.

Beginning Tuesday, New Haven will offer the ID cards to all of its 125,000 residents, including some 10,000 to 12,000 illegal immigrants.

The cards will allow immigrants to open bank accounts and use other services that may be unavailable without driver's licenses or state-issued IDs. If they can open bank accounts, immigrants will be less likely to carry large amounts of cash, a practice that makes them easy targets for robbers.

• Monitor the disorder on the border at FOXNews.com's Immigration Center.

City officials say the cards will also encourage immigrants who are crime victims or witnesses to cooperate with police.

"The simple straightforward purpose here is to build a stronger community," Mayor John DeStefano said Monday. "You can't police a community of people who won't talk to our cops.

Opponents say the cards will encourage more illegal immigration.

"It's going to be a welcome mat for illegal aliens to come to the region, flood the labor market and dry up working-class and middle-class jobs," said Bill Farrel, coordinator of the Southern Connecticut Immigration reform.

DeStefano said that wasn't true.

"Work draws it, not a piece of plastic," the mayor said.

He said the federal government has failed to address immigration-related issues, forcing cities to find ways to manage them.

The ID cards stand in contrast to new laws or proposals in more than 90 cities or counties around the nation prohibiting landlords from leasing to illegal immigrants, penalizing businesses that employ them or training police to enforce immigration laws.

New Haven already offers federal tax help to immigrants and prohibits police from asking about their immigration status. The new ID cards cost $5 for children and $10 for adults.

Days after city officials approved the program, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents conducted raids that led to about 30 arrests. City officials said the raids appeared to be retaliatory, but ICE officials have said the raids had nothing to do with the city's approval of the ID program.

They would not comment on the prospects of more raids.

"ICE is mandated by Congress to enforce a wide range of immigration and customs laws and we will continue to enforce those laws in Connecticut and throughout the U.S.," the agency said in a statement.

DeStefano acknowledged that some immigrants may be reluctant to apply for an ID card because of the raids, but predicted most will still seek the ID cards.

Junta For Progressive Action, an advocacy group for Latinos, quickly ran out of 50 applications for the cards on Friday, executive director Sarahi Almonte said.

"The benefits outweigh the risks," she said.

I know most are sick of my imigration posts, I only throw them up there when i find someting that really pisses me off.

I am willing to bet that over the next 5 years I will be taxed for being white,

I mean caucasion,irish/german american

we have EXACTLY the same problem here in england only EVERY citizen has to have those id cards. at a cost of £56 a pop most folk wont be able to afford thease! they can go bollox if they think for one minute that im having one,ill have one if they pay for the c***.and i dont get sick of yoiur immagration posts. our country is flooded with illegals.10 million to be precise.:mad:

type 'enoch powell' into your search engine and read his speech about immagration he did this in 1968.

MissJacksonCA
24-Jul-2007, 04:30 PM
This is great news all over.

First its going to make me hopeful my local area illegals are going to move to the New England area.

Second... at least then the government can track how many of them live in a house or at a paticular address. By assessing if there's ten or twenty illegals living in any paticular home they can give 'em the boot or fine the owner of the building for a permit violation since there's only so many people allowed in any dwelling.

Additionally i'd like to extend to the illegals drivers licenses... have you ever driven through Mexico? Its suicide if you try. I'd feel safer on the road knowing my local illegals actually are licensed drivers.

ID cards aren't making them legal citizens. Its giving us a way to identify them.

Personally I think this is somehow related to banks wanting all the cash the illegals have. By not being able to give illegals a bank account they're losing out on a good lot of their customers if they can't get the money that illegals have. I remember talking to someone I worked with and I was like aren't you ever afraid of being robbed where you live? And he was like nope... because people in the area rob Mexicans because they know they have cash.

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 05:15 PM
If it was that easy to boot them out of the country they would have done it already. It's about cheap labor, period. They know where these people are, and who's hiring them. They choose not to do anything about it. Also, it doesn't matter if they have the title of "citizens" or not. They have virtually all the same rights that we have. They couldn't care less about what they're called. What's in a name anyway?

Tied2thetracks
24-Jul-2007, 05:37 PM
THis whole North American Union thig is sure going to be fun. I can't wait till I spend my first Amero.

I remember a slavery case where the lawsuit was dismissed because the slave suing for his freedom did not have the right to sue because he was not a citizen.
Nowadays we get drug dealers sending border patrol to prison.

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 05:47 PM
I remember a slavery case where the lawsuit was dismissed because the slave suing for his freedom did not have the right to sue because he was not a citizen.
Nowadays we get drug dealers sending border patrol to prison.

It's called the Dred scott decision, Scott v. Sanford (1857). Also on the otherside of it the supreme court didn't even have jurisdiction to hear that case so they had no right to render the verdict that he wasn't a citizen.

Tied2thetracks
24-Jul-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm not quite sure but I think I just got Eli Whittney served.

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm not quite sure but I think I just got Eli Whittney served.

No, don't be silly. Everybody can't possibly know everthing. I just happen to know that because i'm a law major. I actually had to brief that case for my final exam this past semester. (Along with 24 others i might add). Damn it feels good to be on vacation !! :D

Tied2thetracks
24-Jul-2007, 09:17 PM
It's called the Dred scott decision, Scott v. Sanford (1857). Also on the otherside of it the supreme court didn't even have jurisdiction to hear that case so they had no right to render the verdict that he wasn't a citizen.

No, don't be silly. Everybody can't possibly know everthing. I just happen to know that because i'm a law major. I actually had to brief that case for my final exam this past semester. (Along with 24 others i might add). Damn it feels good to be on vacation !! :D

I'm glad I am a tech school drop out then. All they taught us was don't get caught on camera.

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, it's alot of reading but what can i say, i love it. It's also cool because i don't have to take a high degree of mathmatics. No pre- cal and calculus for me. :D