PDA

View Full Version : UK folks - Anyone going to Global Gathering this weekend?

Neil
24-Jul-2007, 12:31 PM
Anyone going?

Andy
24-Jul-2007, 12:34 PM
Anyone going?
Never one to miss a party, i am however a official anti-enviromentalist so i wont be there :p

Danny
24-Jul-2007, 12:35 PM
...and i have no idea what it is.

MontagMOI
24-Jul-2007, 01:41 PM
The Global whatnow?

"Timmy?"

CornishCorpse
24-Jul-2007, 06:02 PM
Ey? Global Gathering? Id be game for that but sadly my money has been spent on another hippie festival, it doesnt get more hippie than "Make a Sunshine" festival.

Tricky
24-Jul-2007, 06:11 PM
i didnt think it would be your scene neil!its more my area that,boshing it out with glowsticks to pounding hard music!but im not going,ive heard too many bad reports about it in previous years,mainly down to chavs,fighting & stealing.
I am going to Qlimax later this year though,check it out :cool:

http://www.blogownik.pl/pliki/blog/0608/4570/1287/qlimax.jpg

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2007, 06:13 PM
Global Gathering? :confused:

What the fudge is that? Live Earth but even MORE unsuccessful?

I'm all for improving mankind's efficiency, it's the smug closed-eyed "I'm part of the solution" twattishness I absolutely despise...as well as the false advertising, crafty schemes, taxation and suchlike associated with such things.

Improving our efficiency is the natural next step in our evolution anyway...so people who sit around like they've got some massive cock because they drive a Prius (which is hilariously LESS environmentally friendly than a umpteen-litre Mercedes S-Class :D) are just dildos.

Tricky
24-Jul-2007, 06:16 PM
It has absolutely sod all to do with the green brigade :p its a dance festival with acts like the chemical brothers & the prodigy there,and loads of big tents for clubbing events like goodgreef,godskitchen etc with all the famous dj's on :)

kidgloves
24-Jul-2007, 06:32 PM
Went to couple of these on freebies when it was called Tribal gathering. Did not enjoy them at all :bored:, even though dance music has always been on my playlists. Im more of a Glastonbury type of guy. You need a break from repetitive beats otherwise it does your head in after a while :dead:

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2007, 06:51 PM
It has absolutely sod all to do with the green brigade :p its a dance festival with acts like the chemical brothers & the prodigy there,and loads of big tents for clubbing events like goodgreef,godskitchen etc with all the famous dj's on :)
*wipes forehead* WHEW!

I thought Neil had turned into a soap-box-beating greenie on us! :lol:

But no, he's just a pill-popping Tyres-alike. :)

coma
25-Jul-2007, 02:25 PM
..so people who sit around like they've got some massive cock because they drive a Prius (which is hilariously LESS environmentally friendly than a umpteen-litre Mercedes S-Class :D) are just dildos.
That is TRULY hilarious:lol::lol::lol:

massive. Hehehehe:elol:

MinionZombie
25-Jul-2007, 05:42 PM
That is TRULY hilarious:lol::lol::lol:

massive. Hehehehe:elol:
It was on Top Gear, they were reviewing the latest S-Class and sat it by a Prius and asked "which is more environmentally friendly?", the light above the Prius went out. The reason the S-Class won - despite having a thirstier engine - is because the actual materials used to make the car itself were almost all recycled materials, unlike the Prius.

I just thought that was superb...and people who chuff about having a Prius do walk around like they've got the biggest cock on the planet, even though they don't, they just are the biggest cock on the planet. :lol:

coma
25-Jul-2007, 05:46 PM
At least they are the biggest something:lol:

If I got a hybrid it would be my own business, not some smug self righteous thing to stupidly lord over people. These days I just hoof it (walk) but if I could get any car I wanted, It wouldnt be a dumbass SUV but probably a BMW or Benzo. F*ck it:p, Im just dreaming anyway

Neil
30-Jul-2007, 03:35 PM
So, anyone go?

Tricky
30-Jul-2007, 05:05 PM
A fair few of my clubbing mates went,i didnt though!muddy,looooonnnng queues & badly organised is the general feedback im getting,but they still had a good time

Neil
31-Jul-2007, 02:09 PM
A fair few of my clubbing mates went,i didnt though!muddy,looooonnnng queues & badly organised is the general feedback im getting,but they still had a good time

Absolutely agree!

We queued for over 4hrs on Friday (12:00pm->4:30pm) to get into the entrance.

We left in the early hours of Sun morning, not wishing to partake in the no doubt shambles that was to come the following morning when everyone packed up and tried to leave... There was seemingly absolutely NO attempt to deal with the weather with no walk ways anywhere! Needless to say by early Sat evening there was a foot of mud at the busy areas!

Not impressed!

suicide22
31-Jul-2007, 02:38 PM
How can they be saving the world, if everbody is getting high on drugs at that place. Their polluting are environment, so where’s the logic in that!

Neil
31-Jul-2007, 02:54 PM
How can they be saving the world, if everbody is getting high on drugs at that place. Their polluting are environment, so where’s the logic in that!

What logic? It's a dance music festival? Pure and simple...

suicide22
31-Jul-2007, 03:08 PM
Well if it's dance music & partying all night, it sounds like fun!

Tricky
31-Jul-2007, 06:21 PM
Aye its been called global gathering for years,its nothing to do with the current green movement lol

MinionZombie
31-Jul-2007, 06:31 PM
If it was a green thing, it'd probably be called "I wanted to be part of the solution, not part of the problem", but pronounced in that closed-eyes, sighing type manner...just like on South Park. :lol: