PDA

View Full Version : 1 legged priest in dawn...

flyboy
24-Jul-2007, 04:35 PM
can some one tell me what he actualy says? i cant make it out.

Yojimbo
24-Jul-2007, 04:57 PM
can some one tell me what he actualy says? i cant make it out.

In the theatrical version, he says something to the effect of:

"Senores, please to let me pass"

Then when Peter and Roger talk about getting him to a medical unit..

"no please, just let me pass. I go up to (seventh?) floor to find my sister. The people of 107 will do what you wish now. Many people have died on the streets (these past weeks?). In the basement of this building you will find them. You are stronger than us, but soon I think they'll be stronger than you. The dead walk senores. We must stop the killing or we lose the war."

The euro version has a little more dialogue, but I am unfamiliar with the exact lines. He does say something like: "and their dead, they give up to no one."

Danny
24-Jul-2007, 05:13 PM
that line "you be stronger than them, but soon they be stronger than you" is one of my favourite lines of that movie.:cool:

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 05:24 PM
that line "you be stronger than them, but soon they be stronger than you" is one of my favourite lines of that movie.:cool:

And it's the most chilling by far imo.

I'll pop in the euro version later and post the extra dialouge a little later.

capncnut
24-Jul-2007, 06:37 PM
I'll pop in the euro version later and post the extra dialouge a little later.
No need, my brain is a Dawn databank.

"These are simple people, they give up easily, but the dead they give up to no-one."

RustyHicks
24-Jul-2007, 06:40 PM
Need Dawn info, you just go and ask Capn,
he's a walking encloypidia, :)

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 07:13 PM

"These are simple people, they give up easily, but the dead they give up to no-one."

I knew it was something like that. You must constantly have this film on the brain. I wish i could remember stuff off the op of my head like that. Too much weed when i was younger i guess.

Yojimbo
24-Jul-2007, 07:20 PM

Well done cap. You are a machine!

DEAD BEAT
24-Jul-2007, 09:58 PM
He may have lost a leg but being a brotha ill bet he still has 2 left...
"get it"?:D

"Where's my bitches":cool:

darth los
24-Jul-2007, 10:46 PM
He may have lost a leg but being a brotha ill bet he still has 2 left...
"get it"?:D

"Where's my bitches":cool:

Like they say: Everytime you see a handicapped brotha he ain't always cripple if you know what i'm sayin'. :D

acealive1
25-Jul-2007, 02:55 AM
just a question. how come some people cant understand accents?

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 03:11 AM
Maybe because the words they're hearing don't phonetically match what they're used to hearing. I find that when a person with a heavy accent speaks to me if i think about what they just said four or five times i'll eventually understand what they said. Who has that type of time though?

Danny
25-Jul-2007, 08:02 AM
just a question. how come some people cant understand accents?

im guessing there the kind of people who, when go on holiday dont bother to learn the language but rather merely yell louder in english to get the message across.

you know who you are.:shifty:

Neil
25-Jul-2007, 11:45 AM
Wonder what is meant by, "We must stop the killing or we lose the war," exactly!?

Deadman_Deluxe
25-Jul-2007, 01:55 PM
Wonder what is meant by, "We must stop the killing or we lose the war," exactly!?

"The more we kill, the more they are" MK Kurtz - 2001

For every life which is lost, or for every death, one way or another the numbers of the living are reduced, one by one, thus meaning that sooner or later the dead will outnumber the living and the war will be lost, unless the "killing" was stopped ;)

Thats how i understood it, and even though i was only eight years old at the time, i still think that explanation holds true in regards to what the priest was attempting to say.

Did i ever agree with him? No, not really. I don't think his character had any real inbuilt concept of what was actually happening, having spent his time since the initial outbreaks within the confines of building 107. The basic lack of knowledge regarding the unfolding situation combined with the fact that he was obviously grieving for his sister, along with an unknown number of his compatriots, scared, and possibly even having doubts over his religious beliefs, always made me believe the opposite, which was that the war could ONLY be won by more killing, though obviously the "killing of anyone who was already considered clinically dead" and a "zombie flesheater".

Technically NOT "killing", but ask yourself ... if you were writing the dialogue for that particular scene, and that was the point which you were trying to get across on behalf of that character, then what alternative word would you use?

That's a pretty tough cookie right there for a writer, because there is no alternative word, as there is no word in our culture to describe inflicting death (IE: Killing) upon something which is already dead.

Skold
25-Jul-2007, 01:56 PM

Because every death results in another undead soldier.

Danny
25-Jul-2007, 02:04 PM
i allways thought it was more a metaphor about hwo, even though they should have been rallieng against the living dead they were still fighting adn killing each other, so instead of cooperating, adn thus having any hope of survival, they were onyl bolstering the ranks of the undead.

least thats how i took it.

Philly_SWAT
25-Jul-2007, 02:43 PM
Excellent post, Deadman. I concur with all you said.

DEAD BEAT
25-Jul-2007, 04:42 PM
"The more we kill, the more they are" MK Kurtz - 2001

Did i ever agree with him? No, not really. I don't think his character had any real inbuilt concept of what was actually happening, having spent his time since the initial outbreaks within the confines of building 107. The basic lack of knowledge regarding the unfolding situation combined with the fact that he was obviously grieving for his sister, along with an unknown number of his compatriots, scared, and possibly even having doubts over his religious beliefs, always made me believe the opposite, which was that the war could ONLY be won by more killing, though obviously the "killing of anyone who was already considered clinically dead" and a "zombie flesheater".

I agree he was down in the basement tokin' on a fat one!
:D

Notice Peter's reaction before he closes the door like:
"Dam brothra dat's some good shiit"!:cool:

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 06:41 PM
I agree he was down in the basement tokin' on a fat one!
:D

Notice Peter's reaction before he closes the door like:
"Dam brothra dat's some good shiit"!:cool:

Now that theory makes sense. lol The world is ending. Why not puff on some good sh8t and raid empty apartments for munchies? 7th floor to find his sister my foot. He was off to find some cupcakes.

DEAD BEAT
25-Jul-2007, 06:57 PM
Now that theory makes sense. lol The world is ending. Why not puff on some good sh8t and raid empty apartments for munchies? 7th floor to find his sister my foot. He was off to find some cupcakes.

I believe he was going to seventh floor to find his sister,more like "sista" meaning his piece of regular tail he was probably gettin at the time!

Either that or he was in a hurry being afraid Peter or Rodger would arrest him for suckin' on that glass diick!
:cool:

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 07:19 PM
I believe he was going to seventh floor to find his sister,more like "sista" meaning his piece of regular tail he was probably gettin at the time!

Either that or he was in a hurry being afraid Peter or Rodger would arrest him for suckin' on that glass diick!
:cool:

Either wayhe was very disoriented. There's no denying that. He looked like he just got woken up from a heroine nod. Why do you think he had that long sleeved jacket on in the warm weather? He had to cover those track marks on his arms.

Danny
25-Jul-2007, 07:21 PM
in fact if you look at the scene after, one of those piles of rags inst a tie dup zombie but a sentient blue towel, who kindly enquires to peter "you wanna get high?":lol:

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 07:33 PM
in fact if you look at the scene after, one of those piles of rags inst a tie dup zombie but a sentient blue towel, who kindly enquires to peter "you wanna get high?":lol:

LOL. that's some real next level sh8t right there.

Danny
25-Jul-2007, 07:45 PM
if zombes exist in that world then i dont see why a stoner towel that smokes a bong to the popeye theme is so unreasonable.

...ill ask the aliveman i reckon hell have a theory, at a stretch;)

YrepnrrEuKU

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 09:33 PM
LMFAO!! That man could find a conspiracy at a church picnic. Where the hell did he go anyway?

DEAD BEAT
25-Jul-2007, 10:24 PM
LMFAO!! That man could find a conspiracy at a church picnic. Where the hell did he go anyway?

Thats what i didnt get where the hell did he think he was going being in his condition?
but did you see how fast he took off on one leg he probably in his heroin trans like state forgot all the raiding going on and feared someone was gonna take his stash!
:eek:

or his was gonna bust a cap on one of the tenents b4 da pigs for not paying up:cool:

Neil
26-Jul-2007, 09:58 AM
Because every death results in another undead soldier.

Not if they're shot in the head? :)

darth los
26-Jul-2007, 05:18 PM
Not if they're shot in the head? :)

Side note: That made me think of the dead bodies fran and stepphen found down at the docks. The first one was laid out on the floor outside the building. Although not shown he must have been shot in the head as well. I guess that by that point people were getting wise as to how to kill people without adding to the zombie hordes.

dmbfanintn
26-Jul-2007, 07:09 PM

Maybe you need to reboot, because your are wrong on that line.:D:D

It goes like this:

These are simple people, they have little, but they do not give it up easily. And their dead they give up to no one.

You guys also left out "I have given them their last rites, now you do what you will...

darth los
26-Jul-2007, 08:35 PM
Maybe you need to reboot, because your are wrong on that line.:D:D

It goes like this:

These are simple people, they have little, but they do not give it up easily. And their dead they give up to no one.

You guys also left out "I have given them their last rites, now you do what you will...

Yup, i think he's right guys. I never would have come with that scene verbatim like that unless i popped in the dvd. :rockbrow: 2 points!!

RustyHicks
26-Jul-2007, 08:43 PM
Looks like our champ Capn has some compitition, would you say so

darth los
26-Jul-2007, 08:45 PM

Yes i would. FLAME WAR !!!! :evil: j/k

Well, most of us here are fanatics so some people might remember certain things that others don't . There's no shame in that. If you asked me about any of the music to the dead films i probably couldn't tell you. I don't think that it makes me any less of a fan though.

RustyHicks
26-Jul-2007, 08:48 PM
Sure it does:mad:
Ya gotta know what music
is playing when Roger dies...
or when they block the doors...:rockbrow:

J/K..There are things that I won't remember for the
life of me. Point in case, what you mentioned in another
thread about the zombie with the gun, being in the mall
when the men were killing them and then he returns
when the raiders come:shifty:
See I never noticed that.

darth los
26-Jul-2007, 08:50 PM
I don't know if it's even possible to do but wouldn't it be cool if we could like simulcast dawn on this site and we all watch it in real time posting comments while we watch? That would be interesting.

dmbfanintn
26-Jul-2007, 09:19 PM
No dvd there for me, that was off the top of my head. I would never admit it, but I consider myself a databank on the dialog for all three....:D:D:D

I used to post often here, but I dont come around much anymore....So many new usernames. I dont know most of you guys, but the old timers probably remember me!

I have a horrible talent of remembering lyrics and or dialog to movies I like word for word. Its not something I try to do, I just pick it up.

Cpt Rhodes is my favorite to remember dialog from.

I think we also left out..."you are stronger than us, but soon, I think, they be stronger than you...

darth los
26-Jul-2007, 10:11 PM
I have a horrible talent of remembering lyrics and or dialog to movies I like word for word. Its not something I try to do, I just pick it up.

Cpt Rhodes is my favorite to remember dialog from.

Yeah there are alot of usernames but only like 50--100 regulars. It's not that hard to keep track.

I think that rhodes has the most colorful dialogue by far. I'd bet that his are the lines that people can remember most vividly.

I don't think you're talent is so horrible. you must be good at trivia games. especially zombie trivia.:D We have a trivia thread floating around here somewhere. Maybe you should take a crack at it.

dmbfanintn
26-Jul-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah there are alot of usernames but only like 50--100 regulars. It's not that hard to keep track.

I think that rhodes has the most colorful dialogue by far. I'd bet that his are the lines that people can remember most vividly.

I don't think you're talent is so horrible. you must be good at trivia games. especially zombie trivia.:D We have a trivia thread floating around here somewhere. Maybe you should take a crack at it.

Well my wife hates it!:D:D

Yeah, Im pretty good at trivia and stuff, like trivial pursuit pop culture version.

I really love GARs films (obviously), but I am an Indiana Jones Buff, and a Q Tarentino buff, I love QT's writing (except Death Proof :barf: )

I can sit and almost recite verbatim some complete movies, without them playing on the dvd player. Dawn being one of those....

jim102016
29-Jul-2007, 06:15 AM
im guessing there the kind of people who, when go on holiday dont bother to learn the language but rather merely yell louder in english to get the message across.

you know who you are.:shifty:

I doubt most know who they are. The rowdy hooligans I saw a few years ago screaming drunken English up and down the streets of Amsterdam were fluent in both the American and British dialects of the language.

The 'ugly American' is alive, but he sure as hell is not alone.

Yojimbo
29-Jul-2007, 04:06 PM
I doubt most know who they are. The rowdy hooligans I saw a few years ago screaming drunken English up and down the streets of Amsterdam were fluent in both the American and British dialects of the language.

The 'ugly American' is alive, but he sure as hell is not alone.

Now that you mentioned that, back in the late 80s when the Japanese economy was booming (you might recall at the same time there were all these movies that came out such as Black Rain and Rising Sun which depicted the Japanese as scary mafia-like businessmen/samurai warriors) I was on holiday in Hawaii and I remember at that time seeing rowdy groups of drunken Japanese tourists acting up in honolulu. Being a Japanese American, I was embarrased by their behavior (though I guess it really shouldn't have, I guess, since they were Japanese Nationals and I was born in Los Angeles and am a 5th generation American)

So my point is that probably every culture has this ugly side to it, surely not just those cultures that speaks english.

I don't know if it's even possible to do but wouldn't it be cool if we could like simulcast dawn on this site and we all watch it in real time posting comments while we watch? That would be interesting.

That is a great idea! Or the webmasters should host a big ass bbq with an mega-large projection screen!

flyboy
31-Jul-2007, 07:20 PM
thanx guys,now i know what he says,it'll help a great deal.:)

also what does roger and wooley say when roger jumps on his back in those flats? just b4 peter shoots wooley?:rockbrow:

dmbfanintn
31-Jul-2007, 07:32 PM
also what does roger and wooley say when roger jumps on his back in those flats? just b4 peter shoots wooley?:rockbrow:

Roger: Wooleys gone ape****

Roger: Gimme a hand somebody

Wooley: Gimme a hand man, leave me alone!

Roger: Help me, he's crazy

Peter: Step away from him

Peter: STEP AWAY FROM HIM!

Thats close, but probably not exact as there is a lot of commotion going on during that scene.

RustyHicks
31-Jul-2007, 09:37 PM

Now that would be awesome.

As a kid I had the entire Dawn movie memorized,
but as the years go by, brian cells die
and the lines go poof.

capncnut
01-Aug-2007, 07:39 AM
Nah, I was relying on memory. He was watching the film at the time I bet. :D

darth los
01-Aug-2007, 12:53 PM
Now that would be awesome.

As a kid I had the entire Dawn movie memorized,
but as the years go by, brian cells die
and the lines go poof.

I'll give ya one of my favorite lines for that one: "Life Intervenes." The stuff we used to do are the luxury of children.