PDA

View Full Version : Just read RZ's Halloween Script

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jul-2007, 06:08 PM
Ok, first let me say this is the first draft, and the same draft the bozo's at AICN.com reviewed. I dunno what they were reading but it wasn't this Halloween script I can tell you that.

Although this version have been modified and tweaked before filming began this script is actually very good, entertaining, and would have made for a decent Halloween film if made based on this script. Rob Zombie brings us a very indepth look at how disturbed Michael Meyers was as a child, and he makes a great argument for neglected physically and emotionally abused children.

My one gripe is some of the dialog coming from Doctor Loomis, I don't want to say it is cringe worthy but it defintely needs work, but everything else in the screenplay was spot on disturbing if not 100% revolting. In my opinion... this could be the best Halloween film to ever be made since J.C's original.

August 31st can't come fast enough.

capncnut
24-Jul-2007, 06:44 PM
There's been a few reshoots with a different ending and a lot more padding to Laurie's character. This was done based on comments from a test screening a few months back (which AICN reviewed actually). But I've heard it's still red hot and the kid who plays young Myers is apparently supposed to be the showstealer.

RustyHicks
24-Jul-2007, 07:51 PM
That is good news.
I was worried it was going to take off
in a whole new direction that steered
far from JC's original Halloween

MikePizzoff
24-Jul-2007, 08:29 PM
This comes out on my birthday! What a great b-day present.

Danny
25-Jul-2007, 11:25 AM
sounds good, but why not an october 31st release?:rockbrow:

bassman
25-Jul-2007, 03:44 PM

It should still be in theaters when Oct 31 roles around if it does good, I would think. Then again....maybe not.

Good to hear that the script is good....but I don't see how you guy always read scripts to films that you're waiting for. It's going to ruin it for you now.

Danny
25-Jul-2007, 03:48 PM
It should still be in theaters when Oct 31 roles around if it does good, I would think. Then again....maybe not.

maybe in america, but not bloody liekyl over here, but it is the logical choice, hell didnt they do it for the omen remake.

bassman
25-Jul-2007, 04:00 PM
maybe in america, but not bloody liekyl over here, but it is the logical choice, hell didnt they do it for the omen remake.

Never saw it. Once I heard that it was basically a shot-for-shot remake of the original, I decided to never see it and stick with Donner's Classic.

Danny
25-Jul-2007, 04:05 PM
dude i dont think anyone went to see the omen remake.

no sarcasm, really.

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 04:54 PM

There would probably be too many people outside trick or treating and partying. They'll be too busy to see the movie.

bassman
25-Jul-2007, 05:01 PM
I actually came across "The Devil's Rejects" on TV last night. Couldn't make myself change it. Awesome flick.

Not a big fan of "House of 1000 Corpses", though:confused:. So hopefully he's improving with each film....

capncnut
25-Jul-2007, 05:09 PM
Hellsing my son, good news. We get Halloween in the UK on October 17, which means it will hit most theaters by the 26th. Oh yes!

Danny
25-Jul-2007, 05:10 PM
ive got house on dvd, watched it once, adn just when it got good and they found those mutants in that underground lab
...it ended and i was like "huh. copout much?", so not a bad film, just half of a good one.

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah, devil's rejects is the better film. Plus it has ken foree in it. NUFF' SAID.:cool:

Danny
25-Jul-2007, 07:43 PM
Hellsing my son, good news. We get Halloween in the UK on October 17, which means it will hit most theaters by the 26th. Oh yes!

then im gonna watch it ON halloween then:cool:

fartpants
25-Jul-2007, 08:24 PM
Ok, first let me say this is the first draft, and the same draft the bozo's at AICN.com reviewed. I dunno what they were reading but it wasn't this Halloween script I can tell you that.

Although this version have been modified and tweaked before filming began this script is actually very good, entertaining, and would have made for a decent Halloween film if made based on this script. Rob Zombie brings us a very indepth look at how disturbed Michael Meyers was as a child, and he makes a great argument for neglected physically and emotionally abused children.

My one gripe is some of the dialog coming from Doctor Loomis, I don't want to say it is cringe worthy but it defintely needs work, but everything else in the screenplay was spot on disturbing if not 100% revolting. In my opinion... this could be the best Halloween film to ever be made since J.C's original.

August 31st can't come fast enough.

how about a link deej

capncnut
26-Jul-2007, 11:27 PM
then im gonna watch it ON halloween then:cool:
Makes two of us man, I think it might be worth holding out a few days for. And straight when I get home, I'll watch Carpenter's original on DVD. :cool: