PDA

View Full Version : Madame Tussauds wax museum New York

MikePizzoff
24-Jul-2007, 09:55 PM
Has anybody been to this place? I've been wanting to go and am wondering if it's worth the trip up there (and worth the $30 admission). The exhibit I want to see the most is the one that combines Friday 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and A Nightmare On Elm St with live actors and an interactive walkthrough.

So can anybody tell me if this place is worth a trip?

AcesandEights
24-Jul-2007, 10:05 PM
I've been there and it's okay. I may even have some pictures I can post. It was pretty cool, but you'd have to roll some other things into your trip to make it worthwhile, in my honest opinion. Plus, it was more expensive than I thought and I honestly feel it's overpriced.

I think the day I went down I also hit a museum and Central Park (primarily for the obelisk).

Will post pics, there were some fun ones, IIRC.

MikePizzoff
24-Jul-2007, 10:22 PM
Awesome. I found a coupon online for $10 off.

http://www.nytix.com/repository/offers/madametussauds.jpg

CornishCorpse
24-Jul-2007, 10:44 PM
Madam Tussauds is good worth a day out..Not worth paying full price for but youre coupon should soon sort that out. Alot of random stuff in there, its best to take kids or tourists to london to.

The dungeon is fun for a nice horror fan but on that note screw Madam Tussauds..London Dungeon all the way,mate.

MissJacksonCA
25-Jul-2007, 12:04 AM
I've always wanted to go! If you're ever in California go to the Buena Park wax museum across from Medievel Times... fun times! :)

MikePizzoff
25-Jul-2007, 02:36 AM
Anybody from/been to NYC that can tell me other cool [relatively cheap] attractions around that part of the city that I could go to? I don't want to make a trip up there just to see that place, like Aces warned.

acealive1
25-Jul-2007, 02:54 AM
I've always wanted to go! If you're ever in California go to the Buena Park wax museum across from Medievel Times... fun times! :)

i miss it. its gone now :(

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 03:18 AM
Anybody from/been to NYC that can tell me other cool [relatively cheap] attractions around that part of the city that I could go to? I don't want to make a trip up there just to see that place, like Aces warned.

Oddly enough, i and people like me from the city have so much that we can go see but we take it for granted. I still haven't been inside the empire state building, even though i've passed by it plenty of times. In terms of vicinity i would suggest to Radio city music hall to catch a show. There's also madison square garden where you can catch a concert or sporting event and the aformentioned empire state building. They're all within like a couple of miles of each other at most. There's the museum of natural history and carnegie hall as well. It all depends on what you're into. Just don't forget to bring your camera. There are also tons of stores of all kinds in the city as well.