PDA

View Full Version : why isn't this making headlnes?

Tied2thetracks
25-Jul-2007, 03:21 AM
http://www.nbc26.com/news/local/8688737.html

TSA Report: Terrorists Conducting "Dry Runs"
Mike Conroy

In a new intelligence bulletin obtained by NBC News, the Transportation Security Administration is warning law enforcement and airport officials that terrorists "may be" conducting "pre-attack security probes.

The TSA says four airports across the nation could be targets including Mitchell International in Milwaukee.

The report, dated July 20th, states TSA personnel have intercepted items at US airports"resembling improvised explosive device (IEDs) components including wires, switches, pipes and dense clay objects". The report also states they have found cheese blocks which were attached to wires and an electrical switch.

The TSA says these "may be" cases of what they call dry run terror attack tests.

Austin Strauble in Green Bay and Outagamie County airports have several flights to and from Mitchell each day. Officials with both airports have not commented on the new report.

Click on Video to see the latest information and Live Team Coverage from Tuesday's NBC26 Live at Six.

The EAA is the biggest airshow in the world I beleive. Terrorist threats are only being reported on local news stations. This is either nothing or somthing really bad. Probally nothing, it makes for good gossip though.

MikePizzoff
25-Jul-2007, 03:29 AM
Wow, to repeat you: I'm very surprised this isn't making headlines.

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 04:40 AM
it'll probably make the major news when the republicans are falling a bit too far behind the democrats for their taste. They'll broadcast it to scare people into voting for them like they've done for the past 6 years. Eveything these people do have political considerations tied to it.

strayrider
25-Jul-2007, 04:45 AM
I'd say the terrorists are idiots telegraphing themselves like that.

Maybe Ol' Brick Obammy should go out there and tell them to stop.

:D

-stray-

MissJacksonCA
25-Jul-2007, 04:21 PM
it'll probably make the major news when the republicans are falling a bit too far behind the democrats for their taste. They'll broadcast it to scare people into voting for them like they've done for the past 6 years. Eveything these people do have political considerations tied to it.

That's exactly what I was going to say. With a little... I highly doubt a lot of alleged terrorist 'dry runs' without any arrests during an election year.