http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/070725/koddities/death_cat

if I saw that cat I think I would fill my shorts.:lol::eek:

But I think it's kinda errier, weird and interesting

EvilNed
25-Jul-2007, 10:34 PM
Bet it's Edgar Allan Poe reincarnated.

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 10:53 PM
Wow, that is spooky. I wouldn't want him visiting me, that's for sure. Itis well documented that animals seem to be able to predict things like storms and earthquakes. Maybe there's something to this.

RustyHicks
25-Jul-2007, 11:03 PM
I think they can.
Hell, I had a friend down one time for a weekend visit,
my cat just loved this guy, except that weekend when
my friend came down, my cat took off. He was gone
for three days and three nights. My wife and I were
frantic, searched all over for him. We even drove
up and down the back roads here looking for his body
on the road. Nothing. Our friend went back, ten minutes
after our friend left, there is the cat coming home.
The next day our friend committed suicide,
the cat knew our friend was planning
this and he couldn't take it.

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 11:45 PM
Even though we've advanced technologically i still believe that there's a ton of stuff in this world that we still don't know. No one likes to admit it though.

MissJacksonCA
26-Jul-2007, 03:03 AM
I HATE YOU I WAS JUST GONNA POST THAT... bastard :mad:

darth los
26-Jul-2007, 03:47 AM
LOL. It's times like these when i'm glad we're online. I would hate to see her angry at anyone.

Don't make her angry. You wouldn't like her when she's angry.

MissJacksonCA
26-Jul-2007, 05:11 AM
Au contraire i've been told i'm absolutely adorable when i'm angry... and my boyfriend calls me angel cos he thinks i'm an angel ...i've really got him hoodwinked dont I? heh...

If he ever sees the cat maybe it'll be four hours before I cross paths with him lol... but i've never drawn first blow sooo he has nothing to fear ... yet :D

MikePizzoff
26-Jul-2007, 12:08 PM
:thumbsup: Cats rule!

kortick
26-Jul-2007, 03:08 PM
ha ha
i have met oscar

the nursing home in question is right near
this girls house i know

the death cat
only in rhode island

must be hp lovecraft involved here

bassman
26-Jul-2007, 03:46 PM
I call bullsh*t. MAYBE the cat has some sort of sixth sense, but I highly doubt it. I mean.....it's a damn nursing home. It's where people go to die! The cat probably has a 60-40 chance of sitting next to someone who's about to kick the bucket.

MikePizzoff
26-Jul-2007, 04:25 PM
I call bullsh*t. MAYBE the cat has some sort of sixth sense, but I highly doubt it. I mean.....it's a damn nursing home. It's where people go to die! The cat probably has a 60-40 chance of sitting next to someone who's about to kick the bucket.

If that were the case then there'd have to be tens, maybe hundreds, of thousands of people at the nursing home, which obviously isn't possible, for the rate to be a 60% chance of everyone the cat sits next to dies. Unless it stays in hiding, away from humans, for days/weeks at a time.

bassman
26-Jul-2007, 04:30 PM
I wasn't exactly going for an accurate number there, mike. Just saying that it's most likely a random occurance. It's a nursing home....cats like to curl up beside people....oops...the old person dies. Total coincidence.

EvilNed
26-Jul-2007, 04:52 PM
Bassman, people do not die off that frequently at nursing homes. For a cat to have called 25 people all within 2 hours of their death, and with only a few misses (even though the article mysteriously leaves out how many misses) is unheard off. The statistics of it being complete chance would have to be in 1-1000 territory.

bassman
26-Jul-2007, 04:56 PM
You said it yourself....they didn't say how many misses the cat had. I'm only stating that I believe it's just a strange coincidence.

Cats are naturally nuturing animals and the article says that out of all the people it pointed out, they were obviously on their last stretch of life and looked pretty bad. Any animal with common sense could see if another creature is ill.....

darth los
26-Jul-2007, 05:04 PM
I know that vultures and buzzards circle around things that are about to die. Do you think that they sense that as well?

EvilNed
26-Jul-2007, 05:55 PM
Cats are naturally nuturing animals and the article says that out of all the people it pointed out, they were obviously on their last stretch of life and looked pretty bad. Any animal with common sense could see if another creature is ill.....

But no animal I know off can predict a man's death by 2 hours. Altough the lack of misses is leaving me not that impressed.

RustyHicks
26-Jul-2007, 07:53 PM
I HATE YOU I WAS JUST GONNA POST THAT... bastard :mad:

How Rude....
You hurt me Miss. J, hurt me bad.:p

The story of Ocsar the angel of death is an interesting one,
and although never stated how many times he might have missed,
I think there is a possibility that he is pretty on the ball and
that this can happen.

It still gives me the willies though:eek: