PDA

View Full Version : EA signs up for more in-game ads

darth los
25-Jul-2007, 11:32 PM
How do you guys feel about in game advertising? Is it ok with you if you see coca-cola signs in gears of war 2? I realize that games are becoming increasingly more expensive to make and the have to offset that but is the money they're making being passed on to the consumer or going straight into their pockets?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6175614.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;9

RustyHicks
26-Jul-2007, 12:04 AM
Straight into their pockets I'd say.
Everything is a money racket these days.

The price of some of the games these days
just makes me cringe, of course I can't very well
say too much cause I don't own any of the modern
systems of this generation.

Danny
26-Jul-2007, 10:33 AM
i dont like it, next up master cheif will beat some flood, and go "man i should could use a refreshing ice cold coca-cola beverage" *take soff his helmet adn drinks a pepsi*.
Though to be fair e.a make **** sports games, the ONLY e.a game i like is oddworld strangers wrath cus im a sucker for western type games as much as horror.
At a stretch ill take the advertising in ubisoft games, y'know since the games are actually good.

MikePizzoff
26-Jul-2007, 12:03 PM
No thank you. Before we know it, we'll be sitting through commercials at the start of video games; like now-a-days when you go to the movie theatre... :mad:

darth los
26-Jul-2007, 04:24 PM
No thank you. Before we know it, we'll be sitting through commercials at the start of video games; like now-a-days when you go to the movie theatre... :mad:

It's like that when you look at gametrailers at places like gamespot. You have to sit through some type of advertisement before you get to see the actual gameplay/trailer.

Though to be fair e.a make **** sports games

That's why they threw all that money at peter more to head that thing. They were going downhill and they knew it. Let's see the influence he has on the operation.