PDA

View Full Version : anime guys throw there hats over the wall

Danny
26-Jul-2007, 11:26 AM
eBRHetKH4MQ

bassman
26-Jul-2007, 01:07 PM
Heh heh. The good ol' "Flying Car" skit....

*shivers* God I hate Anime......

darth los
26-Jul-2007, 04:38 PM
It's an aquired taste. Although i never saw the appeal myself. Cool vid though. :)

EvilNed
26-Jul-2007, 04:43 PM
Don't like anime either. Whenever I watch an anime flick, I always think "This could be so cool - if it was live action."

That was quite well done, tho.

bassman
26-Jul-2007, 04:52 PM
Some of my buddies say that anime is the best looking style of cartoons......while they're saying this I'm thinking about "Looney Tunes" and the Fleisher "Superman" cartoons in the back of my mind.:p

darth los
26-Jul-2007, 06:46 PM
I used to love those old superman ones. I used to have a bunch of them as a kid. I actually consider them art. The style in which they were made is very distinctive to the era. I often make spot on guesses as to when a cartoon was made just by looking at the animation.

As for looney toons, nothing beats bugs/road runner coyote cartoons in terms of funny imo.

EvilNed
27-Jul-2007, 02:49 PM
Bugs Bunny? Road Runner? Hah! Private Snafu is where it's at.

bassman
27-Jul-2007, 03:02 PM
I used to love those old superman ones. I used to have a bunch of them as a kid. I actually consider them art. The style in which they were made is very distinctive to the era. I often make spot on guesses as to when a cartoon was made just by looking at the animation.

As for looney toons, nothing beats bugs/road runner coyote cartoons in terms of funny imo.

Yeah...I had always wanted them on DVD and finally got them with the Superman 14 disc set that came out last year. Watched them all about 3 times now. It takes me back....

You know that they would film someone acting out the movements and then draw the cartoons over them? I think it's called rotoscoping now, or something like that.

Danny
27-Jul-2007, 04:09 PM
i allways preffered the marvel series' on the whole but out fo the dc ones i preffered batman to superman. it was a lot darker for a kids cartoon so it stood out more than supes did i guess.

bassman
27-Jul-2007, 04:27 PM
i allways preffered the marvel series' on the whole but out fo the dc ones i preffered batman to superman. it was a lot darker for a kids cartoon so it stood out more than supes did i guess.

We may not be thinking of the same series. This is the one I'm talking about...

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/fleischer-cartoons/fleischer-title2.jpg

I did like "Batman: The Animated Series" that was on in the nineties, though. Pretty cool show. I came across a new batman series that looked ridiculous. The joker had some dreadlocks and sh*t.....it looked pretty stupid...

Danny
28-Jul-2007, 02:05 PM
oh yeah "the batman", its like the marvel ultimate version of batman so everyone got reinvented.