PDA

View Full Version : Raiders of Dawn and Land

RustyHicks
26-Jul-2007, 08:50 PM
Some of those motorcycle raiders did
escape the mall and made it on the outside.

Do you think some of them could have
made it and joined up with the raiders
from Land.

I know you don't see any of them from Dawn
in the movie, but what do you think about them
being a part of the gang that is raiding stores and
selling stuff on the blackmarket to the people
in Fiddler's green.

They might have survived and became
a part of that gang?

jim102016
26-Jul-2007, 09:14 PM

from Land.

in Fiddler's green.

a part of that gang?

Its always a possibility, if you put both movies into the same time/space arena….however you want to phrase it.

I remember quite an in-depth discussion here on the issue some time ago.

Perhaps the raiders from Dawn mellowed out as the years went on, finally using their skills to secure jobs via the 'Green in Land? Or, maybe they dragged their sorry asses directly from the mall to participate in the construction of the Green closer to the begining of the outbreak?

darth los
26-Jul-2007, 10:06 PM

from Land.

in Fiddler's green.

a part of that gang?

Its always a possibility, if you put both movies into the same time/space arena….however you want to phrase it.

I remember quite an in-depth discussion here on the issue some time ago.

Perhaps the raiders from Dawn mellowed out as the years went on, finally using their skills to secure jobs via the 'Green in Land? Or, maybe they dragged their sorry asses directly from the mall to participate in the construction of the Green closer to the begining of the outbreak?

I don't think that any group of survivors could survive on the road indefinitely. It's a feat that they even made it as far as they did in dawn. I think that if they were to survive years into the outbreak they'd almost have to join with others and get organized. If that actually happened, i'm not sure. Those bikers didn't look like they played well with others.

jim102016
27-Jul-2007, 02:55 AM
I don't think that any group of survivors could survive on the road indefinitely. It's a feat that they even made it as far as they did in dawn. I think that if they were to survive years into the outbreak they'd almost have to join with others and get organized. If that actually happened, i'm not sure. Those bikers didn't look like they played well with others.

Good point, they really didn't seem to give too much of a **** about each other.

By the way, happy 5,000 Darth!

darth los
27-Jul-2007, 03:14 AM
Good point, they really didn't seem to give too much of a **** about each other.

Thnx. I'm still here playing with the control panel. I have no idea how to turn my stars red or change what it says under my screen name. I need a tutorial.:(

dmbfanintn
27-Jul-2007, 01:09 PM
Or, maybe they dragged their sorry asses directly from the mall to participate in the construction of the Green closer to the begining of the outbreak?

Remeber what Mulligan said about Kauffman?

"He didn't build that place, he just took it!"

So the green was already built before the outbreak...apparently.

darth los
27-Jul-2007, 03:05 PM
That makes sense. A building would require a whole lot of material and man power in order to erect. I doubt he could have spared the man power given everything else that was going on.

jim102016
27-Jul-2007, 03:12 PM
That makes sense. A building would require a whole lot of material and man power in order to erect. I doubt he could have spared the man power given everything else that was going on.

Makes me wonder how the hell they were able to expell thousands and thousands (population of Pittsburgh....close to a million?) of the dead. Obviously, they didn't get the whole city liberated, as the howling idiot's travels to the Green indicate. Looking at how many pacifists, druggies, hookers and whatever they had running around....how many "capable" did the city employ before Kaufmann began killing them and dumping them outside the city?

darth los
27-Jul-2007, 04:28 PM
Makes me wonder how the hell they were able to expell thousands and thousands (population of Pittsburgh....close to a million?) of the dead. Obviously, they didn't get the whole city liberated, as the howling idiot's travels to the Green indicate. Looking at how many pacifists, druggies, hookers and whatever they had running around....how many "capable" did the city employ before Kaufmann began killing them and dumping them outside the city?

That's not a bad question burt. :)

I think that the waves of gouls would have been endless. They would have to build then kill or do them simultaneously imo. if i'm not mistaken the city has rivers on a couple of sides of it. They probably served as barriers for a while . They never figured that the ghould could cross it.

Philly_SWAT
28-Jul-2007, 06:29 AM
I still think that everyone who didnt participate in the life-changing and ever-important three-word-story, etc. threads back when those posts counted shoudl be given some free posts.....:mad:

Remeber what Mulligan said about Kauffman?

"He didn't build that place, he just took it!"

So the green was already built before the outbreak...apparently.
I think that quote was in reference to the physical buildings and such that existed prior to the outbreak, not the fortifications and such that were put in place afterwards. I mean, obviously, Kaufman didnt have huge skyscapers erected post-outbreak, there were already there. But Kaufman does say how he "paid" to have the fences put up, etc.

The "greater Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area" has millions of people. They City of Pittsburgh has only a little over 300,000, and from looking at both what you can see in the movie of the Green area, and also what is on the computer map in the Dead Reckoning as Riley is talking about how they need to enter the fortified area, the area that has been protected consists of the downtown area, and some land outside of downtown to the east. Not many poeple actually live downtown, so the entire fenced in area would not have that many people in it pre-outbreak. I would assume that many throughout the city were killed by the zeds, possibly by each other, and survivors fled to the "golden triangle" area as the fences were being put up. The triangle area is protected on two of its three sides by rivers, therefore you would only have to barricade the one side.

jim102016
28-Jul-2007, 07:10 PM
I still think that everyone who didnt participate in the life-changing and ever-important three-word-story, etc. threads back when those posts counted shoudl be given some free posts.....:mad:

I think that quote was in reference to the physical buildings and such that existed prior to the outbreak, not the fortifications and such that were put in place afterwards. I mean, obviously, Kaufman didnt have huge skyscapers erected post-outbreak, there were already there. But Kaufman does say how he "paid" to have the fences put up, etc.

The "greater Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area" has millions of people. They City of Pittsburgh has only a little over 300,000, and from looking at both what you can see in the movie of the Green area, and also what is on the computer map in the Dead Reckoning as Riley is talking about how they need to enter the fortified area, the area that has been protected consists of the downtown area, and some land outside of downtown to the east. Not many poeple actually live downtown, so the entire fenced in area would not have that many people in it pre-outbreak. I would assume that many throughout the city were killed by the zeds, possibly by each other, and survivors fled to the "golden triangle" area as the fences were being put up. The triangle area is protected on two of its three sides by rivers, therefore you would only have to barricade the one side.

Wow, wasn't sure how many people were there. Considering that, how the hell was the triangle cleared out while fences were put up, etc. Obviously, they must have had some kind of help....could the army or national guard have been there in sizable force before the Kaufmann era? Lots of live bodies had to have been used to clear out the buildings in the areas within the occupied zones and it also appears they used part of the subway system. Clearly, if it ran through this area it would have to be fortified and "bricked up". God knows how much attention these activities would created, surely they took some serious casualties unless they had good leadership. Who made up this leadership and how did they organize this project?

Yojimbo
29-Jul-2007, 05:13 PM
Wow, wasn't sure how many people were there. Considering that, how the hell was the triangle cleared out while fences were put up, etc. Obviously, they must have had some kind of help....could the army or national guard have been there in sizable force before the Kaufmann era? Lots of live bodies had to have been used to clear out the buildings in the areas within the occupied zones and it also appears they used part of the subway system. Clearly, if it ran through this area it would have to be fortified and "bricked up". God knows how much attention these activities would created, surely they took some serious casualties unless they had good leadership. Who made up this leadership and how did they organize this project?

I always assumed that Kauffman was well connected prior to the outbreak, maybe a businessman/mobster or a politician. I could see a mayor or a Tony Soprano type taking control in a situation and creating his own fiefdom, maybe with the cooperation of the national guard and the local police force.