View Full Version : which character deserved to get the ax but didnt?

acealive1
27-Jul-2007, 07:15 AM
well?

EvilNed
27-Jul-2007, 09:56 PM
Riley. Dull. Next up is Meat cleaver zombie, should have been axed for also being in DOTD04 and making wierd expressions with his mouth.

capncnut
27-Jul-2007, 10:09 PM
Actually, I would've liked to have seen everyone die except Charlie and Slack, as they we're the only two characters I really liked. I went with Big Daddy obviously.

darth los
27-Jul-2007, 11:50 PM
I was rooting for riley to bite it (pun intended) the entire film. I don't think he could have been any more of an asshole if he tried. :bored:

acealive1
28-Jul-2007, 12:56 AM
Riley. Dull. Next up is Meat cleaver zombie, should have been axed for also being in DOTD04 and making wierd expressions with his mouth.

"she died without a name?................damn" *takes off hat*:lol:

darth los
28-Jul-2007, 12:59 AM
It's funny but that role in dawn 04' is what probably got him the part in land.

acealive1
28-Jul-2007, 01:00 AM
damn right. he's better as a zombie though. whats funny is those people were probably all racist before they died,but zombies dont know color,do they? :lol:

darth los
28-Jul-2007, 01:02 AM
You would think that they would prefer darker meat. We all know that the darker the meat the juicier it is. I'll bet number 9 just loves that dark meat. :elol:

acealive1
28-Jul-2007, 01:30 AM
You would think that they would prefer darker meat. We all know that the darker the meat the juicier it is. I'll bet number 9 just loves that dark meat. :elol:

LMFAO. but white meat is saltier so im safe :lol:

Philly_SWAT
28-Jul-2007, 06:31 AM
I would have to vote for someone not included in your list, and that would be the "tamborine zombie". He seemed kind of retarded, even for a zed.

acealive1
28-Jul-2007, 05:41 PM
i hated that guy. he was just plain retarded

Yojimbo
29-Jul-2007, 11:43 PM
I should have voted Riley, but voted for Big Daddy cause I hated that crap, just a little more than that boring, smug faced bad acting skills twerp.

darth los
29-Jul-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah, voting for big daddy would have been the obvious choice. However it wasn't his fault he was that way. You only have so much latitude in terms of the range you can show when playing a zombie.

RustyHicks
30-Jul-2007, 12:06 AM
I think it was his fault,
my god, that guy overacted the
part. All that screaming, my eardrums
are still bleeding man

darth los
30-Jul-2007, 12:48 AM
I didn't mean that it wasn't eugene's fault. i meant that there was only so much the character of big daddy was able to do/express for all the complex "evolution" that gar wanted from the character.

RustyHicks
30-Jul-2007, 01:11 AM
maybe we weren't ready for the zombies to evolve in such a way.
It would have been interesting to see them evolve from where
Bub left off, a slow progression kind of thing.
Like they evolved from night, to dawn, to day.

btw darth, I love your Mr. T signature.
Makes me wanna go have a bowl of
Mr. T cereal

darth los
30-Jul-2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah, the first time i saw it , it was laugh out loud funny. Mr. T cereal was just a rip off of capn' crunch anyway. so just serve yourself a bowl and reminisce. :)

fartpants
26-Aug-2007, 08:34 PM
looks like Big Daddy won by a landslide, glad i voted for him now...

DjfunkmasterG
27-Aug-2007, 11:13 AM
I still wonder what went through George's mind when he watched the preliminary edit of Land. I mean couldn't he see how bad Big Daddy was, I know the re-shoots would have been costly, but DAMN!

This is why it is sometimes good to shoot things in chronological order.

ProfessorChaos
27-Aug-2007, 03:24 PM
there should have been an option to choose "all of the above", plus romero for letting this turd of a movie bear his name:mad:...i still haven't grown warm to any of the characters/scenes/etc in land...let's hope diary is his redeeming moment.

MissJacksonCA
31-Aug-2007, 08:20 AM
I thought Big Daddy should've bitten it ... I wonder if he didn't lead the zombies in the march on Fiddlers Green would they have done anything on their own? Meat Cleaver (aka dude from Dawn 04) bugged me a lot too... he's just got one Ug-Lee mug...

Can't believe people wanted Riley to bite it!

vito
02-Oct-2007, 03:21 PM
as badass has blades was i wanted him to get killed...agian

clanglee
03-Oct-2007, 09:13 AM
I already voted for Big Daddy here, but my close second was Pilsbury. How the F#$k did that big fat samoan get away from the zombies in the first place? And please tell me what the F^*k he was doing there in the first place!? The only stupider (i know it's not a word) character was that bullfighter guy, carrying around his retarded little bullfighter cap. How gay is that!? Who thought THAT would be a neat character quirk!!? I cheered so loud when that idiot son of a transvestite whore got shot!! :mad::mad: um. . . :confused::confused:. . .oh my. . did i just go off on a rant? :o Terribly sorry. . .;)

bassman
03-Oct-2007, 12:51 PM
I already voted for Big Daddy here, but my close second was Pilsbury. How the F#$k did that big fat samoan get away from the zombies in the first place? And please tell me what the F^*k he was doing there in the first place!? The only stupider (i know it's not a word) character was that bullfighter guy, carrying around his retarded little bullfighter cap. How gay is that!? Who thought THAT would be a neat character quirk!!? I cheered so loud when that idiot son of a transvestite whore got shot!! :mad::mad: um. . . :confused::confused:. . .oh my. . did i just go off on a rant? :o Terribly sorry. . .;)

Yeah....there are throw away characters in Land. Kind of like the "yeah, trucks!" guy in Dawn, or Pvt. Johnson in Day?:confused:

acealive1
19-Oct-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah....there are throw away characters in Land. Kind of like the "yeah, trucks!" guy in Dawn, or Pvt. Johnson in Day?:confused:

:lol::lol:

clanglee
19-Oct-2007, 10:23 PM

True, but the throwaway characters in Land stood out through their pure pointlessness and idocy.