PDA

View Full Version : Abrams Reveals '1-18' Details

darth los
27-Jul-2007, 04:47 PM
At the Paramount Comic-Con press conference, J.J. Abrams dropped some details on his as-yet-untitled horror/monster flick slated for a 1/18/2008 release.

In spite of internet buzz, the movie will not be called "Monstorous."

Abrams said the goal is to produce an American monster movie on-par with Japanese big-rubber-suit classics like Godzilla. Abrams said shooting is all but complete, a new trailer, a poster and more footage are on the way.

Based on the original teaser/trailer, Abrams seems well on his way to achieving a unique, frightening and awesome movie.

Update: We found a clear picture of the teaser poster on cloverfieldnews.com. Check it after the jump.

Follow the link for poster:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/677967/Abrams_Reveals_118_Details.html#readmore

EvilNed
27-Jul-2007, 05:11 PM
I find japanese monster flicks to have deteriorated greatly in later years. But some of them are ace, and they really work for entertainment! But this film just looks too awesome. But I have a feeling it's not going to be Cthulhu anymore, but just a monster invented for the film. In any case, the way it's filmed, with a close-and-personal view of the events, is going to be ace. A brilliant move.

darth los
27-Jul-2007, 05:39 PM
I agree. I twould be nice to see a monster movie that isn't cheesy for a change. I would like to see a serious apocolyptal take on the genre. You just know if this does well then the copycats will be coming out of the woodwork.

RustyHicks
27-Jul-2007, 06:07 PM
Looks like something worth viewing for a change

MikePizzoff
27-Jul-2007, 06:58 PM
Good post, Darth! :thumbsup:

bassman
27-Jul-2007, 08:52 PM
Why does everyone keep calling this JJ Abrams' movie??? He's just the producer.....it's not really his film.

The poor writers and directors aren't getting any credit just because this guy made a few tv shows and a mediocre action film.....

:p

darth los
27-Jul-2007, 08:56 PM
It happens all the time though. What comes to mind is when tarantino had his name all over the first hostel. Maybe it's to boost sales because the director isn't that well known. Name recognition is a big factor on whether or not something sells. Just ask your boy Zack Snyder.

bassman
27-Jul-2007, 08:58 PM
It happens all the time though. What comes to mind is when tarantino had his name all over the first hostel. Maybe it's to boost sales because the director isn't that well known. Name recognition is a big factor on whether or not something sells. Just ask your boy Zack Snyder.

MY BOY???? Either that was sarcasm or you've got me confused with someone else. I would probably murder Snyder if I ever got close enough.:lol:

darth los
27-Jul-2007, 09:00 PM
MY BOY???? Either that was sarcasm or you've got me confused with someone else. I would probably murder Snyder if I ever got close enough.:lol:

" DEATH TO TYRANTS !!" ..and hacks...lol :lol:

MikePizzoff
27-Jul-2007, 11:39 PM
Well that's because it pretty much IS JJ Abrams film. The producer pretty much should get a very good amount of credit toward films. They seek out the funding for the film, set the working conditions, hire the director(s) and/or writer(s) (writer if the film is just an idea), find the distributor's, etc. :D

darth los
27-Jul-2007, 11:48 PM
I just want you guys to remember that when the Rubenstein bashers come out the wood work.

bassman
30-Jul-2007, 12:15 PM
Well that's because it pretty much IS JJ Abrams film. The producer pretty much should get a very good amount of credit toward films. They seek out the funding for the film, set the working conditions, hire the director(s) and/or writer(s) (writer if the film is just an idea), find the distributor's, etc. :D

Yeah....money. Not creativity.

EvilNed
30-Jul-2007, 02:21 PM

A producer can hold alot of creative control if it's a first-time director he's hired. However if it's George Lucas, it's a different story.

MikePizzoff
30-Jul-2007, 06:08 PM

The point was, you said it wasn't really his film, not who had a part in the creative control. Which, actually, sometimes producers will have a say in it; they'll look over what's been filmed and if they don't like it they'll make suggestions and tell the crew to go back and re-shoot it.

bassman
30-Jul-2007, 06:38 PM
The point was, you said it wasn't really his film, not who had a part in the creative control. Which, actually, sometimes producers will have a say in it; they'll look over what's been filmed and if they don't like it they'll make suggestions and tell the crew to go back and re-shoot it.

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that when someone mentions this film, the only name that is mentioned with it is Abrams'. No one mentions the writer or director. Then again....judging by their IMDB profiles they seem to be new comers, so....

darth los
30-Jul-2007, 08:26 PM
As GAR has shown us, many times there are sacrifices and concessions made in order to make a film. The director is probably just glad to be working.