PDA

View Full Version : has anyone here heard of Tay Zonday

mista_mo
27-Jul-2007, 11:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA&mode=related&search=

this guy..

seriusly, i dunno why people like him so damn much, he can't sing at all, no matter how unique it may sound (and the fact that he looks like he's 11) doesn't make it GOOD which all of the youtubers are just lappign up, acting like he is all of a sudden a music God. For This song, It just drags on and on and isn't very catchy and has a very repetitive "beat".

GAH

F*CK YOUTUBE

acealive1
28-Jul-2007, 12:58 AM
please delete this thread,this idiot seriously drives me up the wall. hes all over youtube like hes special or somethin.

acealive1
28-Jul-2007, 05:52 PM
i told him if he sowed his lips to his asshole and screamed it would sound better then his singing.

my youtube name is zatter and umm..check out...get it back by him and look at page 5 for the comment by zatter...

i started using my youtube account to voice my hatred of this ***.

dude,you're rotten :lol:

mista_mo
29-Jul-2007, 12:00 AM
I know, but now I feel bad.

I admit, he is a pretty good writer (his lyrics for blue on 4th of july show that)
but he can't sing, and the majority of his songs are about taxes.

acealive1
29-Jul-2007, 12:53 AM
he looks "special" which is why something isnt right

mista_mo
29-Jul-2007, 02:58 AM
your telling me, i watched one of his vids the other day and he was at a keyboard with this absolutely pedophilic smile on his face. I am not saying it to be an asshole, but if he wants to have a singign career, he needs to stay behind the scences and never appear in public.

acealive1
29-Jul-2007, 03:10 AM
LMFAO. no idea how old he is either. he looks about 16 or he could be extreme and be like 35

mista_mo
29-Jul-2007, 03:14 AM
25 apparently...

I look older then he tho....

man, i love how me and you are bashing a dood in a thread lol

acealive1
29-Jul-2007, 06:21 AM
:lol:

i just have no respect for someone who whores themself out like this and isnt any good.

also look up chocolate rain online. lets say its somethin u dont want:lol:

capncnut
29-Jul-2007, 05:54 PM
i started using my youtube account to voice my hatred of this ***
Completely inappropriate.

he was at a keyboard with this absolutely pedophilic smile on his face
If you don't like the guy, don't watch. There's nothing in his videos to suggest he's gay or a pedophile. :rolleyes:

DVW5150
29-Jul-2007, 07:23 PM
Completely inappropriate.

If you don't like the guy, don't watch. There's nothing in his videos to suggest he's gay or a pedophile. :rolleyes:

True man, I watched a response where a guy read Tays lyrics to Chocolate Rain as he sat on the toilet...That was a serious flame.

Capt., some are just sceaming out to be critized ( Hannah Montana ugh).
I think I posted a critcal comment about Tay...Let me just say , I felt that as a musician, I could give him some musical advice.
Something along the lines of using a digital sequencer to have the repititious piano phrase .
His overly garish version of the Cannon, which he played very liberally with loads of extra garnished notes , Liberace style.
With a piece of classical music, if you are going to alter it , it then becomes a completely different piece.Thats the intention of sheet music.
When Tay finished playing the Cannon ( which I can only play halfway through, because I want to play it correctly, from the actual music), he looked at himself in the mirror w/ this self accomplished smile that was so conceited.It shows he is not well informed about humility.That he has no respect for the original composer, and possibly cannot play it the way the music is written, so he alters it.
Miles Davis once said: " You disipline yourself to learn accuracy;then forget it to free your creativity.You dont do it with something that is specifically written to be played a specific way. "
Classical compositons can be tastfully & accurately re-done. Scatterbrains version of Mozarts Sonata # 3,on the album 'Here Comes Trouble' is a good example of tastefully, respectfully doing a very difficult piece of music.
Even our (Blindfold) version of Young Lust is (I am not braggin' here) done as closely as possible to the original, down to Gilmores solo. Of course the dialogue at the end where I am on the phone, calling random numbers is done for humour.We diverted from the original there because we couldnt technically recreate that exchange between the operator and Mr. Floyd."It was a man answering."
I am not above critiscism, believe me .
I try to give advice on how it could be better.
Hoping that they know where I am coming from. Not from a standpoint of hatred, but from much the same way an educator would advise another to improve thier work.
Your insight , for example on Blindfolds music, has made us alter, add some elements to improve our music.

I dislike the taudry tempting ability to attack .Something I am guilty of , to a degree.
Theres an air guitar thing that completely pisses me off so much, I regret comments I have made about the Asian guy pretending to play Vais version of Bethoven (soundtrack to Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure).
Someone like that is screaming for critiscism, but Tay seems to just be doing his thing, which in & of itself is exactly what I do.
I do regret commenting to Tay about humility.
I do have alot to learn, and on my deathbed, I will have probably finally gotten it right.

capncnut
29-Jul-2007, 09:11 PM
True man, I watched a response where a guy read Tays lyrics to Chocolate Rain as he sat on the toilet... That was a serious flame.
Actually thats quite funny. :lol:

It's not that, it's all good that folks can have a constructive pop at the guy (let's face it, he is annoying) but bigotry should be left at the door. I know for a fact that HPotD has a few gay members (I've conversed with one personally) and think it's unacceptable that they should be subjected to that kind of talk. If I posted "I started using my youtube account to voice my hatred of this n**ger", I would be pounced upon by everybody so why is it not happening now?

I know the comment was probably made flippantly and without thinking but it just gets on my tits that people have to bring bigotry to the table. The word "idiot" would have far more acceptable than "***".

mista_mo
30-Jul-2007, 07:37 AM
I stand by what I said and will not take it back.

EvilNed
30-Jul-2007, 02:31 PM
I don't know, I think he's kinda funny. I don't think he's meant to be taken seriously. I sure don't. But it's just internet culture at it's best!

bassman
30-Jul-2007, 02:51 PM
man, oh man. That just gave me the first good laugh of the day. Is this dude serious? Like Ned said, I think it's all meant to be a joke because I don't see how anyone could take that seriously.

To each his own, I guess....

capncnut
30-Jul-2007, 10:53 PM

Discriminating against someone because of their race, background, religion or other issues is not tolerated. Offending comments will be removed and the originator warned.
Hmmm...

Kaos
31-Jul-2007, 02:16 PM

I took it back for you. :D All references have been removed from the thread. Any reintroduction will result in a vacation. Although I agree that it was more of a flippant statement than a targeting of homosexuals, it was used as a pejorative that very well could offend homosexuals. Capn is right, please avoid bigoted pejoratives.

suicide22
31-Jul-2007, 02:31 PM
I've never heard of him!

EvilNed
31-Jul-2007, 02:56 PM
Is it because I is black?!

suicide22
31-Jul-2007, 03:27 PM
No. I've just never heard of him!

Danny
31-Jul-2007, 05:08 PM
me neither, but i swear that site gets mroe like Myspazz every day:rolleyes:

capncnut
31-Jul-2007, 06:37 PM
I don't know, I think he's kinda funny. I don't think he's meant to be taken seriously.
I completely agree, even though his lyrics are quite profound the way he sings them is hilarious. He knows what he's doing...

I took it back for you. :D
Missed a spot on post 3, old bean. :sneaky:

acealive1
31-Jul-2007, 06:44 PM
Is it because I is black?!

sick bastahd :lol:

Kaos
31-Jul-2007, 11:31 PM
Missed a spot on post 3, old bean. :sneaky:

Someone is looking for a vacation.

mista_mo
01-Aug-2007, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPotD Rules
Discriminating against someone because of their race, background, religion or other issues is not tolerated. Offending comments will be removed and the originator warned.

Hmmm...

well for one i wasn't making fun of gays.

If you want to put it like that, every person who commented on various religious threads by calling it stupid should be warned, I mean hmmm....
scientology threads ring a bell? All those things are is a thread used for bashing someones belief system, and most of the posts about religion degenerate into
"Omg peoples who believe in God are idiots LOL"

hmmm....

Kaos
01-Aug-2007, 02:13 AM
well for one i wasn't making fun of gays.

If you want to put it like that, every person who commented on various religious threads by calling it stupid should be warned, I mean hmmm....
scientology threads ring a bell? All those things are is a thread used for bashing someones belief system, and most of the posts about religion degenerate into
"Omg peoples who believe in God are idiots LOL"

hmmm....
We'll take your word you didn't intend on making fun of gays. The forum is pretty forgiving along those lines.

As for religion... threads about religion are usually powder kegs, and are generally not recommended. However, stating one's belief that religion is bunk has equal weight to one's belief that religion is essential.

Using pejoratives to describe classes of people such as the n-word...various words for jews...various words for homosexual etc... are not. I would agree that making a direct statement that christians are stupid IS against the rules (or even worse someone calling you stupid for being a christian), but making a statement that religion is a bunch of fairy tales is not. It is a perfectly valid point of view for those who require evidence. You may hate that others feel that way, but such is the nature of debate.

I hope this clears up the distinction.

The thread is closed.