PDA

View Full Version : resident evil, NES edition

Danny
30-Jul-2007, 05:02 PM
d2O3Atq99y0

considering its fan mad eit looks better than the piece of **** that was resi gaiden.

what the hell does gaiden mean anyway?!?

Tricky
30-Jul-2007, 05:07 PM
Jesus we used to play games with visuals like that & think they were awesome!......:eek:

darth los
30-Jul-2007, 05:50 PM
That was awesome hells. Good find. It really captured the feel of those old 8 bit games. Thank gd they don't look like that anymore. Things are always worse than you remember them. I have all these warm feelings for games of that era but when it comes down to it i wouldn't want to play them. Playing that game would have bored me to death. :dead:

MikePizzoff
30-Jul-2007, 06:18 PM
VERY cool. So was that just a fan made video or did a fan actually create a playable ROM of it???

axlish
30-Jul-2007, 06:50 PM
Man, that looks really cool. Thats probably the only way you'd get me to play part one again :) Seriously, someone post a link to the ROM.

darth los
30-Jul-2007, 08:24 PM
Seriously, someone post a link to the ROM.

is that a joke?:rockbrow:

capncnut
30-Jul-2007, 09:00 PM
Aw man, that music, must... resist... urge... to... play... RE1. :D

Yeah, link us to the ROM!

axlish
30-Jul-2007, 09:10 PM
is that a joke?:rockbrow:

No. Grafics are the most over-rated aspect of video games. Fun-Factor is really all that matters, Grafics are icing.

mista_mo
31-Jul-2007, 02:38 AM
considering that game looks about as much fun as a spanish hooker with herpes, i'll pass.

man, i can't beleive people used to love that kinda stuff...

darth los
31-Jul-2007, 03:11 AM
That rendition reminds me alot of Castlevania and why i hated playing it.

Danny
31-Jul-2007, 10:31 AM
^ then you sir have never got symphony of the night off xbox live, best side scroller in existence.
its fan made, ill look around for a rom, i think there might be, but its in japanese, obviously.
and what you said axlish, final fantasy 6 is still the greatest rpg ever made, graphcis aint good for **** if the story and gameplay sucks ,look at killzone, or get a crystal ball and look at killzone two, all flash, no substance.
now back in the day you just had a game nothing to say about graphics cus they couldnt be any better at the time, didnt stop mario or zelda kickin' ass or later on resi 2 or final fantasy 8.
hell i showed a freind my NES the other week adn he was literally amazed how you just turn on the power adn it takes less than a second to go to the title screen, no ad's no "made by" crap just a game from beginning to end, and instant resets.
80's game ****ing rule!

darth los
31-Jul-2007, 02:37 PM
I was refering to the original hells. I was never too much into the castlevania series anyway.

suicide22
31-Jul-2007, 03:04 PM
Sweet Home 1989 Nintendo (NES) Survival Horror

Danny
31-Jul-2007, 03:23 PM
^
you think the vids sweet home?, or are you just on about how resident evil was inspired by the NES horror rpg sweet home?, cus this is entilerly fan amde using the reisdent evil gaiden engine.

darth los
31-Jul-2007, 04:26 PM
I think it's a cool depiction of what re would have looked like back in those days. I was never too much into games like that when i was a boy. it also reminds me of friday the 13th for the nes. Not much excitement imo. I was more into side scrollers, platformers and war games like cabal and ikari warriors. Not to knock anyone though. To each his own.

Craig
01-Aug-2007, 08:14 PM
The music still gives me the creeps...