PDA

View Full Version : I am in Monroeville!

EvilFlyingCow
30-Jul-2007, 11:23 PM
Hey guys, I'm in Monroeville right now--drove all the way from Florida :D. I'm staying at a motel right down the street from the airfield where they stopped to refuel. Any picture requests of the mall? I will be here until tomorrow (July 31). If there's a particular spot in the mall that you want me to include in my video which I'll be posting on my website when I get home, let me know.

I went to Monroeville Mall today and my dad took a video of me sliding down the escalator in Penney's, which I'll post later. I also went to the airfield today, and also to Evans City Cemetery. I've got some great videos to show later.

So let me know tonight if there's something you want me to film, and if I see it before tomorrow, I'll try to get it on the video for you.

EvilNed
31-Jul-2007, 12:03 AM
Try finding that Jill who was supposed to work at a DVD store in Monroeville mall. Get a picture! Maybe she's hot!

EvilFlyingCow
31-Jul-2007, 12:11 AM
Alright, I'll look for her! :D

darth los
31-Jul-2007, 03:19 AM
Take a picture of the front of jc penny's. Also, try to get some pics of the food court where the ice skating rink used to be. I haven't seen it yet.

acealive1
31-Jul-2007, 04:13 AM
i should be going there soon since i have friends that live in town

Yojimbo
31-Jul-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey, Brother. Not a request but a suggestion that you drive to downtown Pittsuburgh and head over to Primatti's for one of their killer sandwiches. Ever since my wife and I visited in '04 I can't get those sandwiches out of my head!

acealive1
31-Jul-2007, 06:16 PM
HEAD OVER TO SHEETZ SINCE YOU'RE THERE!!!!!! MTO subs are killer

axlish
31-Jul-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey, Brother. Not a request but a suggestion that you drive to downtown Pittsuburgh and head over to Primatti's for one of their killer sandwiches. Ever since my wife and I visited in '04 I can't get those sandwiches out of my head!

You too? I'll be sure to order it without slaw next time, but other than that, the sandwich was great!

Yojimbo
31-Jul-2007, 09:06 PM
You too? I'll be sure to order it without slaw next time, but other than that, the sandwich was great!

Should be outlawed like smack. Nearly as addicitive.

Gotta try it without the slaw next time

RustyHicks
31-Jul-2007, 09:32 PM
Get me a t-shirt :) lol

Bubdotd
01-Aug-2007, 02:59 AM
Hey Evil flying cow whats happening,

I was wondering, could you get pictures of where the trucks where when they had to get them to baracade the entrances.

(Sorry but could you also get pictures of some memorable spots from the movie.) Thanks!

Oh and have you "seen whats left in the hangars?" lol.

jim102016
01-Aug-2007, 01:32 PM
Hey Evil flying cow whats happening,

I was wondering, could you get pictures of where the trucks where when they had to get them to baracade the entrances.

(Sorry but could you also get pictures of some memorable spots from the movie.) Thanks!

Oh and have you "seen whats left in the hangars?" lol.

Sounds like a great trip, shame you don't have time to go out and get some photos of the old Nike Missile facility (outside Pittsburgh) where the external scenes of Day's bunker complex were filmed!

You like hoping fences and hiding from the man?

bassman
01-Aug-2007, 01:40 PM
Sounds like a great trip, shame you don't have time to go out and get some photos of the old Nike Missile facility (outside Pittsburgh) where the external scenes of Day's bunker complex were filmed!

I may be mistaken, but I think you have that backwards. From what I remember, the external scenes were in Florida. I know the bunker itself is in PA, but I THINK the external shots of the elevator was in FL.

jim102016
01-Aug-2007, 07:50 PM
I may be mistaken, but I think you have that backwards. From what I remember, the external scenes were in Florida. I know the bunker itself is in PA, but I THINK the external shots of the elevator was in FL.

Nope, at an old Nike Missile facility called "Manor Nike Missile Site". I read that it was on New Texas Road in Plum Borough, northeast of Pittsburgh
The outside and the elevator shots were filmed here.

All the big cities in the northeast had these sites around them until the early 1970s, they were put in place to shoot down Soviet bombers.

Here's one of the articles I was able to find real fast:
http://www.fast-rewind.com/

And here's a link to a restored Nike missile facility in San Francisco, I guess its a museum now. But, you can see the similiarities.

http://ed-thelen.org/t_missileunderground.html

The inside shots of the bunker itself were from the Wampum Storage facility in Pennsylvania.

Elevator and Exertnal= Nike Missile Facility, PA

Internal Bunker Shots=Wampum Storage Facility

Yojimbo
01-Aug-2007, 11:06 PM
Nope, at an old Nike Missile facility called "Manor Nike Missile Site". I read that it was on New Texas Road in Plum Borough, northeast of Pittsburgh

All the big cities in the northeast had these sites around them until the early 1970s, they were put in place to shoot down Soviet bombers.

Here's one of the articles I was able to find real fast:
http://www.fast-rewind.com/

And here's a link to a restored Nike missile facility in San Francisco, I guess its a museum now. But, you can see the similiarities.

http://ed-thelen.org/t_missileunderground.html

The inside shots of the bunker itself were from the Wampum Storage facility in Pennsylvania.

Internal Bunker Shots=Wampum Storage Facility

Very cool links. I visited an abandoned Nike missle site out here in Los Angeles many years ago, but there was nothing there except a chain link fence and an abandoned guard shack. The link you provided shows a view right out of DAY, with a missle on the elevator platform instead of a bunch of zombies!

jim102016
01-Aug-2007, 11:53 PM
Very cool links. I visited an abandoned Nike missle site out here in Los Angeles many years ago, but there was nothing there except a chain link fence and an abandoned guard shack. The link you provided shows a view right out of DAY, with a missle on the elevator platform instead of a bunch of zombies!

I grew up outside Philadelphia, there are still a few to check out....at least what's left of them anyway. No way I'd journey down into the innerworkings though. When GAR made his movie, there were definately more to choose from. Still, I wonder how the one he used was in such good shape? It had to have been abadoned for 15 years or so.

kortick
02-Aug-2007, 12:23 AM
go into the mall
and bite someone really hard

or ride a motorcycle thru the place

just bring money for bail

Yojimbo
02-Aug-2007, 12:34 AM
I grew up outside Philadelphia, there are still a few to check out....at least what's left of them anyway. No way I'd journey down into the innerworkings though. When GAR made his movie, there were definately more to choose from. Still, I wonder how the one he used was in such good shape? It had to have been abadoned for 15 years or so.

As far as the Los Angeles area is concerned, I don't believe any of the station's hydraulic platforms are still functioning. The one I saw many years ago showed no sign of any silo or launching platforms. Still, the post cold war creepiness factor was really cool!

Monrozombi
02-Aug-2007, 12:40 AM
I was just in Monroeville 2 weeks ago. Each time I go, I walk into the mall through upstairs Penny's entrance out to the front of the store. I stand there where they filmed the "No more room in hell" scene I play that in my head and then walk to the hallway to go to the bathroom because I just got done with a 3 hour PA turnpike ride.

yeah i'm a dork, but like i say, "when in Monroeville, do as the zombies do"

thxleo
02-Aug-2007, 01:07 AM

Sorry to tell you jim102016, but you are incorrect on this. The Nike site used for "Day of the Dead" was not filmed in Plum Borough. It was shot in Manor Borough, near Irwin, PA. I've been there several times to check it out. It is off Sandy Hill Road, on Nike Rd. This is a private Road, so you have to sneak into the place, if you choose to. It is a very creepy, dark place now.
Also, the exteriors were shot in Florida, not at the Nike site. The Nike site was used only for the elevator shots. The exterior scenes were filmed on Bowman's Beach on Sanibel Island, near Ft. Myers. I visited this location years ago as well. They put a false elevator platform on the ground. Then they would cut to the elevator moving at the Nike site.

jim102016
02-Aug-2007, 07:08 PM
Sorry to tell you jim102016, but you are incorrect on this. The Nike site used for "Day of the Dead" was not filmed in Plum Borough. It was shot in Manor Borough, near Irwin, PA. I've been there several times to check it out. It is off Sandy Hill Road, on Nike Rd. This is a private Road, so you have to sneak into the place, if you choose to. It is a very creepy, dark place now.
Also, the exteriors were shot in Florida, not at the Nike site. The Nike site was used only for the elevator shots. The exterior scenes were filmed on Bowman's Beach on Sanibel Island, near Ft. Myers. I visited this location years ago as well. They put a false elevator platform on the ground. Then they would cut to the elevator moving at the Nike site.

No ****, a false elevator platform near the beach? So, they fly over swamps in the movie only to reach the beach. I'll have to check this place out sometime. Where did you find this information? I wonder what the method was to the madness behind GAR's filming locations? He was on a limited budget, but he still went back and fourth between Florida and Pennsylvania. If it weren't for the ending with the island, I think he could have saved more money by going entirely outside Pittsburgh.

bassman
02-Aug-2007, 07:46 PM
No ****, a false elevator platform near the beach? So, they fly over swamps in the movie only to reach the beach. I'll have to check this place out sometime. Where did you find this information? I wonder what the method was to the madness behind GAR's filming locations? He was on a limited budget, but he still went back and fourth between Florida and Pennsylvania. If it weren't for the ending with the island, I think he could have saved more money by going entirely outside Pittsburgh.

The elevator thing is stated on the DVD commentary. And I don't think they really went back and forth that much. The beginning was shot in FL too....you know that, right?

If i'm not mistaken, Romero had a place down there for awhile...

jim102016
02-Aug-2007, 09:34 PM
The elevator thing is stated on the DVD commentary. And I don't think they really went back and forth that much. The beginning was shot in FL too....you know that, right?

If i'm not mistaken, Romero had a place down there for awhile...

Yes, I knew the begining was shot in Florida too. But, why shoot in Florida at all? Who's to say they had to escape to an island at all?

Lets say the whole thing was shot in the Pittsburgh area. They could have flown into another city (say Pittsburgh or something smaller) for the begining, had their underground installation up in the Pocono Mountains.....maybe John, Sarah, and McDermott could have made their way to an alternate final resting place?

Yojimbo
02-Aug-2007, 10:37 PM
Yes, I knew the begining was shot in Florida too. But, why shoot in Florida at all? Who's to say they had to escape to an island at all?

Lets say the whole thing was shot in the Pittsburgh area. They could have flown into another city (say Pittsburgh or something smaller) for the begining, had their underground installation up in the Pocono Mountains.....maybe John, Sarah, and McDermott could have made their way to an alternate final resting place?

Why stop there when for that matter they could have shot in Moldova and told you that they were in Hawaii?

Yeah, I'm being stupid, and your point is well taken. I think the Florida setting to a large degree was a figment of the original script which, as you probably know, was much larger in scope and much more involved than the final, cut down to size product. My guess is that by the time they had to scale back the production they had already done a lot of preproduction and redoing all of this wouldn't have constituted much of a savings. Plus Romero was living in Sanibel, so while he could have just changed the opening and closing sequences, my guess is that he wouldn't have wanted to at that point regardless. These are just my assumptions and guesses, so treat them as pure conjecture and not a matter of fact.

jim102016
02-Aug-2007, 11:21 PM
Why stop there when for that matter they could have shot in Moldova and told you that they were in Hawaii?

Yeah, I'm being stupid, and your point is well taken. I think the Florida setting to a large degree was a figment of the original script which, as you probably know, was much larger in scope and much more involved than the final, cut down to size product. My guess is that by the time they had to scale back the production they had already done a lot of preproduction and redoing all of this wouldn't have constituted much of a savings. Plus Romero was living in Sanibel, so while he could have just changed the opening and closing sequences, my guess is that he wouldn't have wanted to at that point regardless. These are just my assumptions and guesses, so treat them as pure conjecture and not a matter of fact.

Hawaii would have been a great location! Put the bunker in a volcano!
But, I suppose you're right, lots of the ground work must have been done by the time the original script sh*t the bed.

Yojimbo
03-Aug-2007, 01:52 AM
Hawaii would have been a great location! Put the bunker in a volcano!
But, I suppose you're right, lots of the ground work must have been done by the time the original script sh*t the bed.

Hey, Jim regarding the DAY bunker and false elevator lift near the beach, check out this website.

http://www.deadplaces.net/index.htm

Much like PhillySwat's very cool site, this one also has pictures of Romero's location including the bunker exteriors from DAY.

jim102016
03-Aug-2007, 02:10 AM
Hey, Jim regarding the DAY bunker and false elevator lift near the beach, check out this website.

http://www.deadplaces.net/index.htm

Much like PhillySwat's very cool site, this one also has pictures of Romero's location including the bunker exteriors from DAY.

Great site, thanks! I'd wonder where Philly got his inspirations!

Trancelikestate
04-Aug-2007, 02:25 AM

i also am very curious of the source of info where you learned this. i looked at it on google earth and it looks like itcould be the place, but i am curious. i am real close and will go check it out if i can, but does anyone know for sure where it is? theres a lot of nike sites around that area. i was watching and in the commentary they say murrysville, and then later romero says he couldnt believe there was one right near the monroeville mall, so its close to both of those i would guess.

thxleo
04-Aug-2007, 02:38 AM
i also am very curious of the source of info where you learned this. i looked at it on google earth and it looks like itcould be the place, but i am curious. i am real close and will go check it out if i can, but does anyone know for sure where it is? theres a lot of nike sites around that area. i was watching and in the commentary they say murrysville, and then later romero says he couldnt believe there was one right near the monroeville mall, so its close to both of those i would guess.

Well to begin with my good friend Chris Stavrakis has the call sheets from the film that his brother Taso gave him. And secondly it's pretty obvious I think...why would the Manor Nike site be located in Plum? It's called the Manor Nike site because it's located in Manor, PA(near Irwin, PA). Kinda like the Monroeville Mall is called that because it is in Monroeville and not Greensburg. You know?
But if you guys want to believe that it's located in Plum, or anywhere else for that matter, you are free to do so. :p

Yojimbo
04-Aug-2007, 02:44 AM
Well to begin with my good friend Chris Stavrakis has the call sheets from the film that his brother Taso gave him. And secondly it's pretty obvious I think...why would the Manor Nike site be located in Plum? It's called the Manor Nike site because it's located in Manor, PA(near Irwin, PA). Kinda like the Monroeville Mall is called that because it is in Monroeville and not Greensburg. You know?
But if you guys want to believe that it's located in Plum, or anywhere else for that matter, you are free to do so. :p

Very few in the dead universe can match up to Chris Stravarakis' knowledge of all things Romero and Dead. If Chris says it is so, then most likely it is.

By the way (and offtopic, with apologies) thxleo, do you know what happened to Chris' dead site? Back in the day when there were very few DOTD sites around his used to be the top of the line, but a few years away from the web and not I cannot seem to find it. If you have a link, I'd sure appreciate it.

Trancelikestate
04-Aug-2007, 02:46 AM
this is as good as i can get it to come in. yeah, i believe you, i was just curious is all. since youve been, is it manned, or abandoned? is the silo also located on this site?
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/5572/skyshot1os7.jpg

thxleo
04-Aug-2007, 03:12 AM
Very few in the dead universe can match up to Chris Stravarakis' knowledge of all things Romero and Dead. If Chris says it is so, then most likely it is.

By the way (and offtopic, with apologies) thxleo, do you know what happened to Chris' dead site? Back in the day when there were very few DOTD sites around his used to be the top of the line, but a few years away from the web and not I cannot seem to find it. If you have a link, I'd sure appreciate it.

He had problems with R. Rubinstein regarding his original site for Dawn of the Dead. I don't really know why that site ended though. The second one, "livingdead".com, he let the domain name go and then someone else bought it and wanted alot of money to get it back, so he just said to hell with it. He is still able to access them with some site that stores old websites.

this is as good as i can get it to come in. yeah, i believe you, i was just curious is all. since youve been, is it manned, or abandoned? is the silo also located on this site?

Man, I cannot tell from that high up. LOL
No, it's long abandoned. There is no power, so you have to take a flashlight. It is very dark, damp, and creepy in there. If you find the one with the door that has the large A on it, that is the correct one. I took my girlfriend out there, along with Monrozombi and his then girlfriend(now wife) and it creeped everyone out. It's a really spooky "dead" place.
The silo is not there. That is at the mine.

Trancelikestate
04-Aug-2007, 03:46 AM
cool thnx so much for the sweet info.

jim102016
04-Aug-2007, 04:30 AM

Don't know to what extent it may have applied to the area where the Manor Complex was built, but when the Nike systems were put online in the early 1950s the northeast contained a hell of a lot more grass than it does today. Where I grew up, maps from this time show that some townships covered vast distances of "nothingness" (later turned into numerous independent towns). Hell, there weren't even any local cops yet, the state police had exclusive jurisdiction....someone could have been long dead by the time they arrived!

In the case of Manor vs. Plum or where ever else, there may be some clues if one were to dig deeper into the developmental history of the area.

Great research!

Trancelikestate
04-Aug-2007, 04:38 PM
thnx man ;) i will be going and checking it out soon, so everyone sit tight haha.

axlish
04-Aug-2007, 09:04 PM
thnx man ;) i will be going and checking it out soon, so everyone sit tight haha.

No offense, but thxleo has already been there so no one is waiting on your confirmation. "It's fact, it's FACT!" If you like, have a look at Monrozombi's site, he has been there too and has pictures posted.

Trancelikestate
04-Aug-2007, 10:13 PM
No offense, but thxleo has already been there so no one is waiting on your confirmation. "It's fact, it's FACT!" If you like, have a look at Monrozombi's site, he has been there too and has pictures posted.

haha ok, its FACT? haha i believe you.sorry if i got a little carried away! lemme go check out those pics.

Yojimbo
04-Aug-2007, 10:18 PM
haha ok, its FACT? haha i believe you.sorry if i got a little carried away! lemme go check out those pics.

Hey, trance, confirmation may not be needed, but all the same I wouldn't mind seeing your pictures if you decide to get them anyways. Different people bring different perspectives, you know? I too will check out Munro's site, since this sounds creepy as hell.

Trancelikestate
04-Aug-2007, 10:22 PM
yeah it does and im intrigued. also thankyou btw. i looked on the zombiewatch site and didnt see em. have you found em?

Yojimbo
04-Aug-2007, 10:28 PM
He had problems with R. Rubinstein regarding his original site for Dawn of the Dead. I don't really know why that site ended though. The second one, "livingdead".com, he let the domain name go and then someone else bought it and wanted alot of money to get it back, so he just said to hell with it. He is still able to access them with some site that stores old websites.

Too bad about the Chris' site. Damn those trolls who take website names hostage. And R Rubenstein <----- increasingly harder to like that guy.

(You might find this funny: I once corresponded with Chris when he had his intial problems with Rubenstein demanding to take images off the original site and forwarded to him a letter that had been written by some guy who had a Star Trek original series website who had received a similar demand from Paramount's legal counsel (basically, cease and desist using our images without paying us or suffer the consequences) The Trekkie guy sent a letter in response demanding that Paramount pay him for the years of free promotion and publicity he had given their property, demanded several thousands of dollars. Chris being the nice guy that he is took the time to write back to me. He was amused by my suggestion to do something similar to what the Trekkie had done, and stated that he wished that he had the guts to do the same thing to Rubenstein. Too bad that Chris doesn't have a website online at this time, though. Sure miss his old one and older one! Thanks for you response to my query all the same.

axlish
04-Aug-2007, 10:43 PM
When thxleo drops location knowledge, take notes :p

Trancelikestate
04-Aug-2007, 10:51 PM
i never doubted him for a second. however since i didnt know he was the resident romero location guru, i naturally asked questions. :D

thxleo
05-Aug-2007, 02:16 AM
No offense, but thxleo has already been there so no one is waiting on your confirmation. "It's fact, it's FACT!"

That made me laugh out loud :)

When thxleo drops location knowledge, take notes :p

Thank you, my young padawan
;)

jim102016
05-Aug-2007, 04:11 AM
Too bad about the Chris' site. Damn those trolls who take website names hostage. And R Rubenstein <----- increasingly harder to like that guy.

(You might find this funny: I once corresponded with Chris when he had his intial problems with Rubenstein demanding to take images off the original site and forwarded to him a letter that had been written by some guy who had a Star Trek original series website who had received a similar demand from Paramount's legal counsel (basically, cease and desist using our images without paying us or suffer the consequences) The Trekkie guy sent a letter in response demanding that Paramount pay him for the years of free promotion and publicity he had given their property, demanded several thousands of dollars. Chris being the nice guy that he is took the time to write back to me. He was amused by my suggestion to do something similar to what the Trekkie had done, and stated that he wished that he had the guts to do the same thing to Rubenstein. Too bad that Chris doesn't have a website online at this time, though. Sure miss his old one and older one! Thanks for you response to my query all the same.

Sounds like this Rubenstein may be a sh*thead, I'd like to see that website and the pictures!

darth los
05-Aug-2007, 05:21 AM

That would be an interesting legal argument. However since rubenstein has the rights there's really nothing that chris can do about it. He has a good argument, but the people on you tube could claim the same thing and we all know how that worked out.

Yojimbo
06-Aug-2007, 03:51 PM
That would be an interesting legal argument. However since rubenstein has the rights there's really nothing that chris can do about it. He has a good argument, but the people on you tube could claim the same thing and we all know how that worked out.

I'm fairly certain that legal argument is more amusing than viable. Rubenstein could pretty much dictate who could use the property and how it could be used (outside of fair use) and it is doubtful that any real lawyer or court would take that demand seriously. Of course, nuisance value settlements being as they are - you never know - it is possible that if the Trekkie's demand was under a few thousand then the Paramount attorneys might have settled it just to save themselves the hassle. (Clients will sometimes make that kind of executive decision if their cost of sending an an attorney to court to argue against a claim outweighs the cost of settling and paying out) Even so, from what I have heard of Rubenstein, likely he would have stuck to his guns and dug in, refusing to cater to the demand. Still, I thought it was a hilarious demand and was amused by both the argument and the gall of the Trekkie.

On a related topic, I have heard murmuring that Rubenstein is going to sell the rights to the DOTD 78 property. I wonder if that is true. Maybe the ghoul/zombie heads should get together and buy this property? Not that we could do anything with it, mind you, it would just be really cool to be able to brag to people that I own a piece of the 78 property. Come to think of it, certificates could be issued just like that company way back that would name a star after you.

Yojimbo
06-Aug-2007, 03:51 PM

I'm fairly certain that legal argument is more amusing than viable. Rubenstein could pretty much dictate who could use the property and how it could be used (outside of fair use) and it is doubtful that any real lawyer or court would take that demand seriously. Of course, nuisance value settlements being as they are - you never know - it is possible that if the Trekkie's demand was under a few thousand then the Paramount attorneys might have settled it just to save themselves the hassle. (Clients will sometimes make that kind of executive decision if their cost of sending an an attorney to court to argue against a claim outweighs the cost of settling and paying out) Even so, from what I have heard of Rubenstein, likely he would have stuck to his guns and dug in, refusing to cater to the demand. Still, I thought it was a hilarious demand and was amused by both the argument and the gall of the Trekkie.

On a related topic, I have heard murmuring that Rubenstein is going to sell the rights to the DOTD 78 property. I wonder if that is true. Maybe the ghoul/zombie heads should get together and buy this property? Not that we could do anything with it, mind you, it would just be really cool to be able to brag to people that I own a piece of the 78 property. Come to think of it, certificates could be issued just like that company way back that would name a star after you.

jim102016
06-Aug-2007, 05:57 PM

I'm not a legal genius, but how was this Rubinstein guy able to get Chris to take his images off the air (and his website)?

The whole idea of "property" talked about here confuses me. How can a movie stop someone from taking pictures of a site they filmed on? I've seen more than a few websites that advertise pictures of where Dawn and Day where filmed....and they haven't been shut down. Is it merely mentioning the films that causes the trouble? Maybe I need a few drinks, somebody help me out.

Yojimbo
06-Aug-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm not a legal genius, but how was this Rubinstein guy able to get Chris to take his images off the air (and his website)?

The whole idea of "property" talked about here confuses me. How can a movie stop someone from taking pictures of a site they filmed on? I've seen more than a few websites that advertise pictures of where Dawn and Day where filmed....and they haven't been shut down. Is it merely mentioning the films that causes the trouble? Maybe I need a few drinks, somebody help me out.

I'm not an attorney (just a lowly funeral director right now!) but in a past life was a paralegal, and you are correct, they cannot stop someone from using photos of a location that the film was shot. Merely mentioning the film cannot get you in trouble with Rubenstein, but using any image (screenshots, publicity stills or from promotional materials) that is part of a copywrited movie without first getting the permission of the copyright holder can get you slapped with a cease and desist order, and in some cases the troll's attorneys may even try to get the violator to pay damages if the image was used for commercial gain, like an unauthorized t-shirt with the Dawn of the Dead logo being sold by a pirate vendor. Some situations can result in the pirate vendor even getting jail time.

So some of those sites with shots of the locations are ok, but those sites that display them side by side with a comparison screenshot from the flick might end up getting a love letter from Rubenstein, et al.

Griff
07-Aug-2007, 06:39 PM
Didn't Chris get around the legal thing by claiming the DAWN screencaps were taken from the European version and crediting the relevant rights holders (ie. not Rubinstein)?

Neil
07-Aug-2007, 07:57 PM

Rubenstein demanded all images from Dawn were removed from the website. I suspect he would have come after me as well except I'm in europe and he doesn't own the rights here...

Yojimbo
07-Aug-2007, 08:28 PM
Didn't Chris get around the legal thing by claiming the DAWN screencaps were taken from the European version and crediting the relevant rights holders (ie. not Rubinstein)?

That is an interesting idea. Don't know if it would have worked or if Chris tried to do this, but I think Axleo would probably be able to say one way or the other.

Rubenstein demanded all images from Dawn were removed from the website. I suspect he would have come after me as well except I'm in europe and he doesn't own the rights here...

I just saw your post after responding to the other about Chris obviating the Rubenstien demand by claiming the screen captures were off the euro version which is Argento's property, so I suppose this may have worked for Chris too, except I think he is located here in the States unlike you who is outside of Rubenstein's reach.

Glad to know some of you are operating out of his jurisdiction!