View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween

Philly_SWAT
01-Aug-2007, 07:03 AM
This may have been discussed before, but I sometimes dont look in this thread much. I just saw the trailer for this movie, and it looks pretty good. I am not a fan of "re-visionings", especially with a classic great movie like Halloween, but I still look forward to seeing what Rob Zombie can do with it. And I notice that our good friend Ken Foree is in it! Anyone else looking forward to this?

capncnut
01-Aug-2007, 08:01 AM
Sure am, I've heard a lot of reports based on a test screening and lets just say it's looking mighty tasty. I've heard the kid who plays young Myers, Daeg Faerch, is the scene stealer. One journo said, "the scene where young Myers first puts on the mask, with the Halloween theme playing for the first time in the movie, will stay with the viewer for a long while after." Or something like that. :cool:

Like I've always said, take the best stalking elements from 1000 Corpses and combine it with the best action sequences from The Devil's Rejects, throw in Michael Myers for good measure and you got the ingredients for one hell of a remake. :elol:

Cykotic
01-Aug-2007, 11:51 AM
so, do u think i should see this?

if u were me that is!

acealive1
01-Aug-2007, 11:56 AM
zombie is a fan of horror,i couldnt see anyone else doing a remake of this but him. i wanna see zach snyder tackle part 3

bassman
01-Aug-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to it. I've never thought the original was all that everyone made it out to be but I loved "The Devil's Rejects", so i'll definitely see it.

darth los
01-Aug-2007, 06:24 PM
Like I've always said, take the best stalking elements from 1000 Corpses and combine it with the best action sequences from The Devil's Rejects, throw in Michael Myers for good measure and you got the ingredients for one hell of a remake. :elol:

RZ is one of the few people that can capture the feel of the classic slasher films imo.

zombie is a fan of horror,i couldnt see anyone else doing a remake of this but him. i wanna see zach snyder tackle part 3

That's the one thing that's lacking from today's horor films. The people who make them aren't fans. You ever notice that when a new jack makes a successful horror film (Zack Snyder for example) They rarely if ever make any more? They just use it as a stepping stone into the business because thery'e relatively easy to make and gore can be substituted for substance.

bassman
01-Aug-2007, 08:05 PM
FINAL TRAILER HERE (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809784517/video/3545602/)

DjfunkmasterG
02-Aug-2007, 09:50 AM
FINAL TRAILER HERE (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809784517/video/3545602/)

Shoot, I just started a thread for the trailer. My Bad.

Anyway, I like the teaser better this one was blah. Still going to check it out though, the first trailer had me hooked. Also nice to see Rob kept the aspect ratio the same as Carpenter did... 2.35:1 :D