PDA

View Full Version : Going back to the roots and I cant wait

scott_gunnell
01-Aug-2007, 05:02 PM
I haven’t posted on here for quite a while. I used to a couple of years back but forgot my long in name.

I just viewed all the postings about Diary and it was great to read everyone’s views.

I was surprised that quite a few people seem to be worried about the format. George Remero himself keeps saying that this is taking it all right back to the beginning and for me personally that’s really exciting. This is Romero going back to basics, using his skills with out all the money, and not using top named actors like Dennis Hopper etc. Maybe it’s different for me because Night is still my favourite movie out of the 4 and out of all zombie movies ever created. I love the idea that he is saying “forget Hollywood and the people that want me to do it there way” He has the low budget, the unknown actors, and he will prove why he become famous in the first place. He don’t need the money to pull it out.

Also, Blair Which is good but its debatable weather people will still be talking about it in 40 years, however Night, a low budget masterpiece, is and will be talked about in another 40 years.

Also, I am looking forward to meeting him for the first time at that convention thingy in Milton Keys (uk) next month.

Geophyrd
02-Aug-2007, 12:17 PM
Spell check yourself.

bassman
02-Aug-2007, 12:21 PM
Spell check yourself.

Like you couldn't understand it.:rolleyes:

I'm just happy Romero is making another film at all. I enjoyed "Land" and was thinking it would be his last so it's great that he's getting in another.

scott_gunnell
02-Aug-2007, 03:23 PM
There’s no need to be rude, we are all mature adults and need to set the example by not writing stuff like that.

Oh by the way, Geophyrd would be a great zombie to use for George. It’s a low budget movie so they wouldn’t need to use make up on his ugly face. Haha

Come on Geophyrd, even Stevens as they say, now we can kiss and make up :o) We are all George fans here ;o)

Peace Bro

Monrozombi
03-Aug-2007, 01:28 AM
Like you couldn't understand it.:rolleyes:

I'm just happy Romero is making another film at all. I enjoyed "Land" and was thinking it would be his last so it's great that he's getting in another.

I don't know if I'm happier that George is making another zombie film or that he's doing this independtly. George's best work has been when the production has been small and on his terms. You can tell LOTD was hampered by studio involvement and lack of promoting (but thats another forum). Even if this is direct to dvd George has enough fans to help him recoup the money for this film.

darth los
03-Aug-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm just glad he's getting away from that rediculous evolution premise. Not that it was that bad like with bub. His performance was believable and not to far fetched. I think he took it too far with land. They evolved to the point to where they weren't scary at all imo.

Monrozombi
03-Aug-2007, 02:22 AM
I'm just glad he's getting away from that rediculous evolution premise. Not that it was that bad like with bub. His performance was believable and not to far fetched. I think he took it too far with land. They evolved to the point to where they weren't scary at all imo.

well I think what George was going for was that they evolve just like humans have they're just on a different path. Like Barb said in NOTLD90 & Riley said in LOTD "they're us, we're them and they're us" (I know i'm paraphrasing and meshing both quotes) but i think George is doing this right and since its his baby he wants to go back and just start fresh (esp since he hasn't made money on NOTLD since 68)

Wildey
04-Aug-2007, 01:46 PM
Me too, i can't wait, land of the dead was a so deception for me.

I hope a back to the roots, dark, cruel, despaired, far from Hollywood concepts.

darth los
05-Aug-2007, 01:28 AM
well I think what George was going for was that they evolve just like humans have they're just on a different path. Like Barb said in NOTLD90 & Riley said in LOTD "they're us, we're them and they're us" (I know i'm paraphrasing and meshing both quotes) but i think George is doing this right and since its his baby he wants to go back and just start fresh (esp since he hasn't made money on NOTLD since 68)

I think that's the one thing that we all can agree on. It's messed up that GAR never got paid what he was supposed to off of notld. If he had full royalties he might be as rich as lucas is.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Aug-2007, 11:05 AM
I don't know if I'm happier that George is making another zombie film or that he's doing this independtly. George's best work has been when the production has been small and on his terms. You can tell LOTD was hampered by studio involvement and lack of promoting (but thats another forum). Even if this is direct to dvd George has enough fans to help him recoup the money for this film.

This film already paid itself off in overseas theatrical distribution deals. Trust me, Diary is already a success. Now, because of how hush hush it has been and how long it has taken to get out... the true test is to be revealed... is it any good?

Monrozombi
07-Aug-2007, 12:55 AM
This film already paid itself off in overseas theatrical distribution deals. Trust me, Diary is already a success. Now, because of how hush hush it has been and how long it has taken to get out... the true test is to be revealed... is it any good?

Could the hush hush be to not let the cat out of the bag and wait for a good distribution deal and not have the same screwjob that LOTD got opening after Batman Begins?