PDA

View Full Version : Shaun of the Dead now on HD-DVD

DjfunkmasterG
01-Aug-2007, 06:06 PM
As of 7/31/07 Shaun of the Dead hit retailers store shelves for it's highly anticpated HD-DVD release. With an MSRP of $29.99 this is another one to add to the HD-DVD collection.

Yojimbo
01-Aug-2007, 06:13 PM
As of 7/31/07 Shaun of the Dead hit retailers store shelves for it's highly anticpated HD-DVD release. With an MSRP of $29.99 this is another one to add to the HD-DVD collection.

Yeah, this release is probably going to be the one that will finally motivate me to take the plunge so to speak and finally get the HD-DVD player that I have been able to resist up until now.

Danny
01-Aug-2007, 06:13 PM
any worthwhile differences between it adn the bitchin' doovde' version.

darth los
01-Aug-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah, this release is probably going to be the one that will finally motivate me to take the plunge so to speak and finally get the HD-DVD player that I have been able to resist up until now.

I wouldn't do that just yet. There have been reports in recent days that certain chain stores are choosing not to sell hd dvd players in store anymore, it will be online only. It could signal bad things fot the future of the format.

RustyHicks
01-Aug-2007, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't do that just yet. There have been reports in recent days that certain chain stores are choosing not to sell hd dvd players in store anymore, it will be online only. It could signal bad things fot the future of the format.

Wow!!!:eek:
That is shocking news darth.
If that happens, it will be the downfall of
the HD format.
Far as I'm concerned, they came out with HD
too soon, hell DVD's have only been around 10 to 12 years or so.
People are just building their DVD collection and now these new
players coming out, it just makes it hard for people to buy cause
they don't wanna go out and have to replace their DVD collection

Yojimbo
01-Aug-2007, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Good to know that maybe I didn't make the wrong initial decision to wait it out. Probably worthwile to make sure that this format will still be around before I fork out some cash.

Side note: I remember my folks bringing home a very expensive Sony Betamax Home Recording System. It is now a useless relic. Same with a nice 8-track recorder I got as a birthday gift at 11. The advance of techology can be pretty unforgiving sometimes!

darth los
01-Aug-2007, 06:35 PM
I just posted an article about it in media discussion. Check it out.:cool:

DjfunkmasterG
01-Aug-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the tip!

Good to know that maybe I didn't make the wrong initial decision to wait it out. Probably worthwile to make sure that this format will still be around before I fork out some cash.

Side note: I remember my folks bringing home a very expensive Sony Betamax Home Recording System. It is now a useless relic. Same with a nice 8-track recorder I got as a birthday gift at 11. The advance of techology can be pretty unforgiving sometimes!

But keep in mind Universal Studios is HD-DVD exclusive, they do not release their titles on Blu-Ray. Shaun of the Dead is a Universal studio's film.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Aug-2007, 01:16 AM
Just got my Shaun HD-DVD today via eBay. I popped it and just finished watching. The HD transfer is nice and crisp, there is a much better sound mix and the contrast looks better than the standard DVD release. The extras are exactly the same as the UK release. Overall it was worth the double dip for me... plus I am a die hard Shaun fan so I would have bought it even if it was a crappy MPEG 2 transfer.

acealive1
04-Aug-2007, 02:57 AM
i was in best buy today and ONE new format blank dvd was TWENTY TWO DOLLARS!! :eek:

darth los
05-Aug-2007, 02:19 PM
i was in best buy today and ONE new format blank dvd was TWENTY TWO DOLLARS!! :eek:

I'm sure those are just flying off the shelves. :rolleyes: