PDA

View Full Version : STALKER: Clear Sky movie...

MinionZombie
01-Aug-2007, 07:19 PM
http://www.actiontrip.com/files/movies/stalkerclearsky.phtml

Needless to say, having been totally flaming for STALKER, I'm already moist for this prequel add-on. :cool::p

Next up, gonna try out a patch I downloaded that removes all the horror from the game (i.e. bad guys) so you can just go exploring...I felt rushed through Pripyat and especially Chernobyl, so I wanna have a proper gawp at those areas. :cool: (Hopefully the mod works! :D)

CornishCorpse
01-Aug-2007, 08:13 PM
Tasty as fu*k! Looks like this prequel is alot more aimed towars the multiplayer and deatmatch style of online play..Stalker online is as close as youre going to get to a real life deathmatch. Damn you wireless connection..

Also MZ help a brother out with a link to the action removed patch?

MinionZombie
01-Aug-2007, 09:06 PM
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Stalker_Explorer;81081

Boshty as fook, haven't even tried it yet, so I don't know if it even works, but it's supposed to allow you to have the time and relaxation to enjoy the settings without the fear of being hunted down by factions or ripped apart by beasties. :cool:

Will try it out very soon, if I can squeeze myself away from Rainbow Six Vegas, which I'm just getting into now after having had a big old bosh through GRAW.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Explorer adds a whole new level of playability which allows the player to explore the vast atmospheric landscapes and detailed world geometry in much more detail than ever before.

This is accomplished by turning the S.T.A.L.K.E.R world into a horror-free zone, where all mutants and animals pose no threat to the player and mortal threats like ‘anomalies’ no longer exist.

You are given the opportunity to explore the S.T.A.L.K.E.R world at your own pace, explore every nook and cranny, and observe the advanced AI behaviour at a social level where mutant dogs run along side you, and include you in their playful behaviour.

All previous boundaries in the game have been removed, ever item is accessible in the inventory and weapons can be wielded in what where previously ‘secure’ areas such as the Trader Locations.

You’ve still got guns if you just want to go Postal, but the entire human race has been mysteriously killed and their bodies litter the zone, awaiting your discovery.

CornishCorpse
01-Aug-2007, 09:34 PM
Bloody hell the mod sounds like alot of fun..A bit I am Legend with the bodies being strewn around everywhere but playful mutant dogs? Hmm

MinionZombie
01-Aug-2007, 09:55 PM
I duno, guess it means they just don't mind that you're hanging out with them, they play about with each other, can get violent with each other...then you can blow them away, hahaha.

I wonder if there are ANY people alive in the game? Hmmm...I look forward to checking it out, especially seeing those two areas I mentioned in proper detail.

Danny
01-Aug-2007, 11:35 PM
damn, the machina-mists/mators are gonna spooge over the possiblities of that one.

capncnut
02-Aug-2007, 09:01 AM
CVG have said a console port of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is definitely in the works. I'll have some o'that me laddo. :cool:

MinionZombie
02-Aug-2007, 10:45 AM
I hope you enjoy it dude, the first half or 65% of the game is more about exploration, than loads of action, although later in that portion there's more action. After that point it's almost pure action.

But the first chunk of the game is great for atmosphere and terror, the place is just so messed up, and being based on reality, it's even scarier. I couldn't sleep properly for the two weeks I was playing it through (haven't gone back for a second time yet, been sucking off the SexBox369 since I got it, lol)...but I wanna try out that Explorer mod today, I've been popping a boner for this game again for the past couple of days, so I'd better tend to it, HA! :D

Hellsing - I certainly hope someone does some STALKER machinema, just think of it - whack ghostly, empty visions together, put The Thing soundtrack over it...ah mate...two slabs of ultra-creepy in a big old scary sandwich.

EvilNed
02-Aug-2007, 01:24 PM
STALKER could definetly have featured more exploration gameplay. I was a bit disappointed with how they built the original game, as I had expected it to be a large continuous world rather than different "zones" (no pun intended) which are connected via loading time.

Altough I'm a bit worried about prequel. I'd rather have seen a sequel. I went alot of work beating STALKER! I want to see how the aftermath turns out!

Danny
02-Aug-2007, 01:28 PM
STALKER could definetly have featured more exploration gameplay. I was a bit disappointed with how they built the original game, as I had expected it to be a large continuous world rather than different "zones" (no pun intended) which are connected via loading time.
Altough I'm a bit worried about prequel. I'd rather have seen a sequel. I went alot of work beating STALKER! I want to see how the aftermath turns out!

that was the biggest let down in tony hawks american wasteland as well.

EvilNed
02-Aug-2007, 01:56 PM
that was the biggest let down in tony hawks american wasteland as well.

And there you had a game which was ADVERTIZED for it's lack of loading zones.

Danny
02-Aug-2007, 02:01 PM
yeah ti had a lack of loading, but only csu the areas were smaller than a level on tony hawks pro skater 4 AND all joined by bloody tunnels with these "cctv" cam modes as you go through them to disguise the loading:rolleyes:

worst skating game ever, THUG 2 was way better.

MinionZombie
02-Aug-2007, 05:52 PM
Yo, Cornish - I tried out that mod I linked to you, and it doesn't work for crap...however, go to that link I provided, scroll down to the comments section and one of the first post contains a link to a similar mod called "Traveller" - go to that page and download it, install that bitch and what it does is makes everyone friendly to you, radiation and anomalies are also not deadly...but you can still get sucked into an anomalie, so avoid them anyway.

Also, the AI is friendly towards each other, but as they're alive, you can go on a massacre if you wish, lol.

I've been bashing through the game this afternoon, gonna head off to that X18 thingy again, then once I get to Pripyat and Chernobyl I'll be able to look around properly.

With this "Traveller" mod, you still have to play the story, but if you crack on (which I've been doing) then you can whisk along to the bits you wanna explore better, and you can of course explore without the risk of being attacked or shot at...it also gives you a chance to look the creatures right up close when they're still alive.

It says it's made for V1.1, but I've got V1.3 installed and it works, so boshty.

CornishCorpse
02-Aug-2007, 08:08 PM
This getting better and better it seems, the open world mod looked fun but after a while I would want some enemies for the occasional massacre. Wandering through the countryside gets dull after a while, trust me on this:lol:

The traveller mod sounds like its worth a download, question MZ do the other people fire back if you shoot them? Best of both worlds I suppose. I applaude you :lol:

MinionZombie
02-Aug-2007, 10:22 PM
Sadly no, they don't fire back at you if you fire at them, and only sometimes do the AI fire on the AI, so to get somewhere you might find yourself just stalking down whoever you'd have needed to kill and boshty.

Really, what this mod allows you to do is have a proper look around while rushing through the story your second time through the game (like I'm doing)...and if you get a bit bored of not firing, you've still got people to nail with a shotgun blast. :elol:

Definitely worth a download so you can have a proper gawp at the surroundings without having to watch your back.