PDA

View Full Version : Major Bridge Collapse in Minneapolis

Philly_SWAT
02-Aug-2007, 12:01 AM
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- A freeway bridge spanning the Mississippi River collapsed during evening rush hour Wednesday, sending many cars into the water.

Tons of concrete collapsed and there were injuries, authorities said. Survivors were being carried up the riverbank.

Some people were stranded on parts of the bridge that weren't completely submerged.

The entire span of the Interstate 35W bridge collapsed about 6:05 p.m. where the freeway crosses the river near University Avenue in Minneapolis.

One man told KARE-TV in Minneapolis that he and his vehicle fell approximately 35 feet. He said a school bus behind him also fell, but reportedly all of the children were taken off the bus by rescuers, some with injuries.

kortick
02-Aug-2007, 12:35 AM
I thought we told you to stop
knocking bridges down

you must fight the urge philly

Danny
02-Aug-2007, 12:58 AM
damn thats some mothman silverbridge type stuff, so only injuries, no fatalities?, least thats something.

Tied2thetracks
02-Aug-2007, 01:03 AM
damn thats some mothman silverbridge type stuff, so only injuries, no fatalities?, least thats something.

They are now saying at least on fatality. No terrorism, funny how they always say that before investigating.

I have a bad feeling more bodies will turn up, I think the article I read said at east 20 cars in the drink.

Danny
02-Aug-2007, 01:27 AM
hell, people can drown in a few inches of water, and not everyone can swim so i can see it happening, een in the floods over here theres been at least one report of a body being found in a field after waters receeded, its stuff like that that reminds you taht as advanced as we are, nature can snuff us out like a candle in a strong breeze.

darth los
02-Aug-2007, 02:01 AM
They are now saying at least on fatality. No terrorism, funny how they always say that before investigating.

How else are the powers that be going to keep us subservient? FEAR.

Danny
02-Aug-2007, 02:02 AM
How else are the powers that be going to keep us subservient? FEAR.

mind controling drugs in the big mac special sauce.

darth los
02-Aug-2007, 02:03 AM
mind controling drugs in the big mac special sauce.

Flabby zombies? Now there's an idea for Uwe Boll's next film!! :cool:

Wooley
02-Aug-2007, 09:45 AM
9 dead, 60 plus injured, several are in critical condition, 20 plus missing.

Rescue operations have turned into recovery operations, and those are on hold until daybreak.

Danny
02-Aug-2007, 12:17 PM
aol news just came up saying 7 dead and 60 injured, wierd.

bassman
02-Aug-2007, 12:23 PM
Anyone got some linkage with pictures/details?

DjfunkmasterG
02-Aug-2007, 08:36 PM
There is actual footage on the net of the bridge collapsing. Pretty eerie stuff when you watch it. I caught it at work and I was like WOW!. You know I can't even imagine the horror those people that were on the bridge were going through when it started falling, I mean that has to be indescribably terrifying.

MissJacksonCA
09-Aug-2007, 02:09 AM
Whats most revolting is that the river is so polluted its a crap shoot to try to go into it to save anyone and of course the current in the water is more powerful than citizens can survive. I love how the President used yet another tragedy to make himself look good by saying he's cut through the red tape to get another bridge made with haste.

Minerva_Zombi
09-Aug-2007, 06:08 AM
yeah, it collapsed and bush & company were on this **** like white on rice. though, it took him 3 days to address katrina... man, if i were him, i'd ignore that bridge collapsing for three days too. I'd respect him alot more. Cuz maybe he has like ADD or something. But, no.... As Kanye West once said, "george bush doesn't care about black people". Theres alot of white people in minnesota. lol