PDA

View Full Version : This place still here?

Monrozombi
02-Aug-2007, 12:36 AM
Well its been forever and a day since I regularly hung out here. life is a funny thing sometimes. Here's the story thus far:

As of January 2007 I was living in Allentown in a rented house, still working for the same bank in the same position. I moved to A-town to get a promotion and was told in December I wasn't guarranteed it, asshats!!! My wife was working partime in her field but couldn't move up because the position was only part time. My friend who i worked with before i moved called and said she needed an assistant manager at the location she was. She pursuaded me and with coaxing from Mrs. Monro I went for it. I got the job for the positon I have been coveting for years. It required a move back to central PA where i'm from but 90 min from where my wife and here family are from.

We found a house in Hershey PA 2 weeks after getting the job, which left me 2 weeks to pack my stuff and move in before work began on Feb 5. We have a great house now which we love. It took Mrs. Monro until 2 weeks ago to get a full time job and this one is in her field of her Master's degree.

We found out at the end of May that she is pregnant, I'm gonna be a daddy. I'm really excited, most of the people that know me can attest to that. I can't wait to be a dad and show off my lil zombie at conventions when they get older and can enjoy it. She is due at the end of January and she can't wait either.

I've been away just because I've been caught up doing other things in life and the Romero portion of my life has suffered. I missed the entire production and all info on Diary and I am embarrased. I have been attending conventions as much as before but haven't even touched my website in almost a year , have tons of updates but just no motivation.

So i'm coming back to hopefully get my Romero mojo back and meet some of the new faces and reconnect with some of my oldhead HPOTD friends from yesteryear.

Well thats all, just wanted to say hello and what not, see ya around

axlish
02-Aug-2007, 03:08 AM
Good to hear from you, and glad all is well.

Philly_SWAT
02-Aug-2007, 03:27 AM
but haven't even touched my website in almost a year ,
Yeah, I noticed......

But hey, congrats on all the stuff that is going good in your life!

MikePizzoff
02-Aug-2007, 04:36 AM
Congrats and welcome back!

_liam_
02-Aug-2007, 01:09 PM
hey stranger, havent seen you in aggggesss

you got any more dawn of the dead tattoos?

fartpants
02-Aug-2007, 08:14 PM
well done and welcome back, also nothing beats the first time you look into your babies eyes, its the greatest feeling in the world....enjoy

Philly_SWAT
02-Aug-2007, 09:37 PM
well done and welcome back, also nothing beats the first time you look into your babies eyes, its the greatest feeling in the world....enjoy
Especially if you are a hungry zombie.......

Monrozombi
02-Aug-2007, 10:34 PM
Especially if you are a hungry zombie.......

damn beat me to it

thanks guys, i've missed it here. Liam no more DOTD tats yet but they're coming I promise just have to get the funding to get more but I've got some ideas

Dawg
04-Aug-2007, 12:29 AM
That got me wondering...

How long ago did you first start coming here?

I think I came here in 1998, but after two or so major server crashes of HPOTD or whatnot, no one knows the exact date, hehe!

Anyone else?

Wow... almost 10 f**king years! Man, I'm a geek! :o

:dead:Dawg

Yojimbo
04-Aug-2007, 02:03 AM
Well its been forever and a day since I regularly hung out here. life is a funny thing sometimes. Here's the story thus far:

As of January 2007 I was living in Allentown in a rented house, still working for the same bank in the same position. I moved to A-town to get a promotion and was told in December I wasn't guarranteed it, asshats!!! My wife was working partime in her field but couldn't move up because the position was only part time. My friend who i worked with before i moved called and said she needed an assistant manager at the location she was. She pursuaded me and with coaxing from Mrs. Monro I went for it. I got the job for the positon I have been coveting for years. It required a move back to central PA where i'm from but 90 min from where my wife and here family are from.

We found a house in Hershey PA 2 weeks after getting the job, which left me 2 weeks to pack my stuff and move in before work began on Feb 5. We have a great house now which we love. It took Mrs. Monro until 2 weeks ago to get a full time job and this one is in her field of her Master's degree.

We found out at the end of May that she is pregnant, I'm gonna be a daddy. I'm really excited, most of the people that know me can attest to that. I can't wait to be a dad and show off my lil zombie at conventions when they get older and can enjoy it. She is due at the end of January and she can't wait either.

I've been away just because I've been caught up doing other things in life and the Romero portion of my life has suffered. I missed the entire production and all info on Diary and I am embarrased. I have been attending conventions as much as before but haven't even touched my website in almost a year , have tons of updates but just no motivation.

So i'm coming back to hopefully get my Romero mojo back and meet some of the new faces and reconnect with some of my oldhead HPOTD friends from yesteryear.

Well thats all, just wanted to say hello and what not, see ya around

Monrozombi, I am a newcomer to this site, though a longtime GAR fan (Sounds like the longtime/firstime spiel talk radio callers say!)

Anyways, although we have never corresponded, I still just wanted to congratulate you on the upcoming birth of your child. And may that child be a masculine child...oh sorry, wrong movie!
:D

coma
04-Aug-2007, 03:33 AM
And may that child be a masculine child...oh sorry, wrong movie!
You'll sleep with the fishes:eek:

Monrozombi
04-Aug-2007, 04:05 AM
That got me wondering...

How long ago did you first start coming here?

I think I came here in 1998, but after two or so major server crashes of HPOTD or whatnot, no one knows the exact date, hehe!

Anyone else?

Wow... almost 10 f**king years! Man, I'm a geek! :o

:dead:Dawg

I came here in late 97/early 98 so i've been here through the big crash of 01, the HPOTD refugees and every incarnation of the board and hacks and spams, and i'm still here ticking away

Monrozombi, I am a newcomer to this site, though a longtime GAR fan (Sounds like the longtime/firstime spiel talk radio callers say!)

Anyways, although we have never corresponded, I still just wanted to congratulate you on the upcoming birth of your child. And may that child be a masculine child...oh sorry, wrong movie!

Yojimbo, nice meeting you. There are tons of new faces here and a lot of old friends I need to rekindle good bonds with. I've just been reading a lot of posts and getting a feel for the place again.

and if you get out of line you will be my childs first meal :)

DeadJonas190
04-Aug-2007, 04:24 AM
Welcome back and congrats.