PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4 delayed till' 08!

CoinReturn
02-Aug-2007, 09:41 PM
There must have been some huge performance issues for a delay this long:

Take-Two is reducing its fiscal 2007 guidance primarily to reflect the movement of the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2008, due to additional development time required to complete the title. The title is now planned for release in the Company’s second quarter of fiscal 2008.

http://www.gta4.net/news/index.php
http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=258238

Take-Two will host a 20-minute conference call today at 5:30 pm Eastern Time to discuss this news. The call can be accessed by dialing (877) 407-0984 or (201) 689-8577. A live listen-only webcast of the call will be available by visiting http://ir.take2games.com and a replay will be available following the call at the same location.

Well, this sucks a fat one :(

MinionZombie
02-Aug-2007, 10:16 PM
Ah man! :(

First next gen GTA and it's delayed, they've never missed a deadline before for a GTA game have they?

Mind you, the previous GTA engine was pretty darn basic really, especially these days...they drained the last drop out of that poor thing.

*sigh*

Well, as long as it works when it comes out and doesn't explode.

I already knew that they were repositioning it so it slotted into their 2008 fiscal year, but now it's delayed what, a further 3 months or something? Nevermind this fiscal talk, speak common folk English, we ain't no business students! :rolleyes:

Danny
02-Aug-2007, 10:48 PM
to be honest i dont really care, so what if the next "go around a town, nick cars, kill prozzies, and shoot is held back" ,i think ic an live without the exact same forumla again for a while.
Not saying im sick of gta but by now it brings nothing new to the table so...uh, "meh" i guess.

CoinReturn
02-Aug-2007, 10:57 PM
How do you know it brings nothing new to the table? Its only been shown in playable form behind closed doors, and we've gotten 2 teaser trailers. We're about 6 months from its release, a bit early to say that its the same old thing, isn't it?

darth los
03-Aug-2007, 12:25 AM
I think that the franchise has no choice BUT to evolve and bring something new to the table. It was getting kind of tiresome and if it's the same old, it's something i can wait for. How many driving missions can a man take !! :barf: We'll have to wait and see though.

MinionZombie
03-Aug-2007, 10:10 AM
Well from the sounds of what we've heard, they are breaking their own mould...so I'm gonna saddle up in front of hellsing and drop an old chestnut:

JAAAAAAAADED!!!! :lol::D

Getting tired of GTA is like getting tired of wanking...it's just wrong! :lol:

Terran
03-Aug-2007, 01:52 PM
...*Claps*....

darth los
03-Aug-2007, 02:30 PM
Well from the sounds of what we've heard, they are breaking their own mould...so I'm gonna saddle up in front of hellsing and drop an old chestnut:

JAAAAAAAADED!!!! :lol::D

Or one could just be fed up with the chaffing.

MinionZombie
03-Aug-2007, 06:52 PM
Or one could just be fed up with the chaffing.
That's what lube is for...

Yojimbo
03-Aug-2007, 08:48 PM
I had been waiting for a while now for the new release BECAUSE I had heard (and sadly assumed)that there would be vast improvements, or at least improvements of some kind over the previous installments of this franchise.

Even without major overhauls, I will still be one of those geeks who will hit the stores eagerly on the day of release, albeit now postponed until "fiscal 2008" Here's to hoping that they make good use of the extra time and put in new features worthy of the megabucks or so the end user will have to shell out to have it.

MikePizzoff
03-Aug-2007, 08:52 PM
SON OF A! :annoyed:

Tricky
03-Aug-2007, 09:44 PM
Ive heard that although GTA4 is coming out on all formats,microsoft have stuffed rockstar with a fat backhander so they will release 360 only episodes later on,so now who's playing by dirty tactics after all the sony bashing?seen as it was GTA3 that made the PS2 (or the other way round) to be honest im sick of microsoft having the monopoly over the entire games industry just because they can buy out & liquidate or absorb most of the competition & that includes the PC games market which im far more interested in than consoles by any manufacturer.

Yojimbo
04-Aug-2007, 02:56 AM
Ive heard that although GTA4 is coming out on all formats,microsoft have stuffed rockstar with a fat backhander so they will release 360 only episodes later on,so now who's playing by dirty tactics after all the sony bashing?seen as it was GTA3 that made the PS2 (or the other way round) to be honest im sick of microsoft having the monopoly over the entire games industry just because they can buy out & liquidate or absorb most of the competition & that includes the PC games market which im far more interested in than consoles by any manufacturer.

On principle, I agree. But since I own a 360 and couldn't afford the ridiculously overpriced PS3 (what is Sony's problem?) from a practical standpoint I don't mind if Microsoft fascists are paying off to have games released on their format. Yeah, not very fair, but it won't do me (at least) any good for a game to be released on a format incompatible with my system.

On the other hand, I really do wish they would simultaneously release these games to PC, because I certainly would prefer playing these there. So I guess I am screwing myself by supporting Big Brother, errr, I mean Bill Gates. Then again too, releasing them on PC is pretty much doing the same thing for Bill, albiet to a lesser degree.

acealive1
04-Aug-2007, 03:04 AM
i feel sorry for all the poor schuks that pre ordered it. i wo ulda never pre ordered a game,period.

MinionZombie
04-Aug-2007, 10:52 AM
Mind you, Rockstar signed a deal with Sony to exclusively make a game for the PS3, so Sony are even stevens again.

As for GTA IV, it's apparently an extra six months to wait, grrr...well, as long as it works and doesn't blow up or anything.

The piece about possible conspiracies behind the delay was interesting, the one being of most interest was Rockstar struggling to get GTAIV to work on the PS3, partly down to not having the tools early enough to do the job. So in other words, the PS3 is dragging everybody down - gheay!!! *grrr*

After all, there has been a complete and utter lack of footage from the PS3 of the game, it's all SexBox369...

But apparently there were a fair few graphical glitches in the behind doors demos of the game, so that needs fixing of course...

There were other theories, but I forget them...someone linked to it from here I think...my brain hurts. :p

Danny
04-Aug-2007, 02:09 PM
lol, my brother preordered a legendary edition.

bassman
06-Aug-2007, 01:15 PM
GTAIV delayed????

I....I.....

Tim5nU3DwIE