PDA

View Full Version : dead marathon...

Mike70
03-Aug-2007, 09:34 PM
anyone else ever watched all 4 dead films over the course of one day? what order did you watch them in?

the couple of times i've done this,i watched them out of order: day, night, dawn, land. this gives the cycle an epic spin by starting in media res and then telling the begininng of the story in flashback before shifting back to the finish. watching it this way also connects the two pittsburgh films at the end of the story.

EvilNed
03-Aug-2007, 09:38 PM
Hey that In Medias res move was not bad. I never thought of it like that before. Personally, I've never done it. I don't even think I've watched two dead films on the same day.

RustyHicks
03-Aug-2007, 09:47 PM
Never watched the whole dead series in one day.
I once watched Dawn 4 times in one day,
haven't done that since though

darth los
04-Aug-2007, 04:08 PM
I've watched them all in a row but never in a 24 hour hour span. I'd do it again but that would mean i'd have to watch land again. :dead:

RustyHicks
04-Aug-2007, 04:22 PM
I gave my copy of Land away :)
So I can't have a full Romero marathan

darth los
05-Aug-2007, 01:26 AM
You just wasted a good coaster/doorstop dude. :(

That's officially where i put my beer. :D

MontagMOI
06-Aug-2007, 02:16 PM
I once saw a zombie all-nighter at the Scala cinema in London. It comprised of Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead, Day Of The Dead and Zombie Flesh Eaters. I think that's the only zombie marathon i have sat through :D

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, Loo loo loo you got some too"

JohnoftheDead
06-Aug-2007, 05:30 PM
My cousin & I have been trying to have a Romerothon (as we like to call it) for like a year now, it's just so hard to find that much time to sit & watch all 4 of them.

DEAD BEAT
07-Aug-2007, 03:53 AM
I gave my copy of Land away :)
So I can't have a full Romero marathan

What! dude thats like when you don't eat your lima beans,the rest of the meal was killer then your mom makes you eat that crap no pun intended towards Romero!

After making the first 3 Romero has earned his ticket as far as im concern!

;)

P.s. "Charmin" has nothing on a copy of Land of the dead, it should be in everyone's bathroom right next to your tube of Preperation H!:D

MissJacksonCA
09-Aug-2007, 01:37 AM
I watch them in...

NOTLD... the remake
Dawn
Day
Land
Dawn remake
Resident Evil 1 & 2
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

I am a true devotee of zombie flix

bassman
09-Aug-2007, 01:48 AM
I watch them in...

NOTLD... the remake
Dawn
Day
Land
Dawn remake
Resident Evil 1 & 2
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

I am a true devotee of zombie flix

Wha wha what?

I totally understand substituting the Night remake for the original while watching a marathon, but why the hell don't you have the original somwhere else in line?!?!? You seem cool MsJackson....but what you did is sacreligious round these parts.:p

The original doesn't have to be first, but it damn well deserves to be in the line up. Substitute Night for "28 Weeks" considering that it isn't a real zed film.

Danny
09-Aug-2007, 02:07 AM
i dont think i could put up with 5 or 6 straight hours of horror without getting bored myself so nah i havent tried it.

and bassman, even the creator of resident evil says 28 days is a zombie film, join the crowd and accept it.

JOOOOIIIN USSSSS!

bassman
09-Aug-2007, 02:10 AM
i dont think i could put up with 5 or 6 straight hours of horror without getting bored myself so nah i havent tried it.

and bassman, even the creator of resident evil says 28 days is a zombie film, join the crowd and accept it.

JOOOOIIIN USSSSS!

They're not dead, brother. They're infected.

Think of the film, "Outbreak", only the infected aren't lazy dying people.....they're ravenous.

Danny
09-Aug-2007, 02:13 AM
think "zombie:under the influence of an outside intelligence or control"

oh yes folks, andy put up the sign for open season again, its on.:lol:

MissJacksonCA
09-Aug-2007, 02:22 AM
I just dont like the origional... it does nothing for me :(

bassman
09-Aug-2007, 02:24 AM

:eek:

OUT! GET OUT!!!!

j/k, of course. But seriously.....why is there no love for the original?

MissJacksonCA
09-Aug-2007, 02:28 AM
While at the time perhaps the characters were true to how people behaved... like husband controls wife... blonde woman acts like scared deer in headlights... I just felt it lacked something... I didn't connect with the movie... it wasn't scary... there wasn't a lot in it that kept me tuned in and filled me with anticipation for the next scene... and it didn't make sense to me that the zombie daughter killed using a tool instead of eating her parents. I just couldn't like it. I've watched it a few times now... but nothing grabs me about it. I'd rather watch Bill and Teds Bogus Adventure

mista_mo
09-Aug-2007, 02:45 AM
assaination time.

Cody
09-Aug-2007, 04:26 AM
i have love for the original <3

acealive1
09-Aug-2007, 04:29 AM
anyone else ever watched all 4 dead films over the course of one day? what order did you watch them in?

the couple of times i've done this,i watched them out of order: day, night, dawn, land. this gives the cycle an epic spin by starting in media res and then telling the begininng of the story in flashback before shifting back to the finish. watching it this way also connects the two pittsburgh films at the end of the story.

i watched all the romeros and the remakes in one sitting only stopping for bathroom breaks.

Maitreya
09-Aug-2007, 05:48 PM
You know, every Halloween I tell myself I'm going to do it... Last one I watched Night, but then when it came to the rest I just... Didn't.

I'll do it someday!

darth los
09-Aug-2007, 11:46 PM
While at the time perhaps the characters were true to how people behaved... like husband controls wife... blonde woman acts like scared deer in headlights... I just felt it lacked something... I didn't connect with the movie... it wasn't scary... there wasn't a lot in it that kept me tuned in and filled me with anticipation for the next scene... and it didn't make sense to me that the zombie daughter killed using a tool instead of eating her parents. I just couldn't like it. I've watched it a few times now... but nothing grabs me about it. I'd rather watch Bill and Teds Bogus Adventure

Spoken like a true movie goer of this gen. You have to see it for what it is. A low budget movie by people who were trying to break into the industry. Imo the movie exepmlifies how films should be made. No cgi, no requisite explosion every ten minutes to distract the audience from what a crappy movie they're paying 10 bucks to see. If nothing else i appreciate the significance it has in cinema history. That can never be argued or denied.

EvilNed
10-Aug-2007, 12:03 AM
I rewatched NOTLD68 a few weeks ago for the first time in years. Before I thought it had aged considerably and was constantly annoyed at the 2D character of Barbara. But after viewing it again, the other characters are quite complex. Barbara is still a bad writing job, but Ben and Cooper? And Ben's reaction to Barbaras apathy? Very realistic. I also like how Ben, while usually considered the hero of the film, is actually kinda childish and constantly starts fights with Cooper. BEN starts at least as many fights as Cooper does.

Cody
10-Aug-2007, 12:45 AM
to be honest I havent watched any of romeros movies since land came out. they are my fav movies but idk...I just havent watched them...is that bad :(???

Yojimbo
10-Aug-2007, 01:23 AM

::gasp::

MissJackson, say it ain so!

to be honest I havent watched any of romeros movies since land came out. they are my fav movies but idk...I just havent watched them...is that bad :(???

I consider myself an avid fan, but truthfully I do admit that I haven't seen any of GARs films for at least a year. Which makes me overdue for my fix.

Spoken like a true movie goer of this gen. You have to see it for what it is. A low budget movie by people who were trying to break into the industry. Imo the movie exepmlifies how films should be made. No cgi, no requisite explosion every ten minutes to distract the audience from what a crappy movie they're paying 10 bucks to see. If nothing else i appreciate the significance it has in cinema history. That can never be argued or denied.

My 21 year old little sister also cannot get into NOLD68 or DAWN78, though she loved DAWN04. Being that she is close in age to miss jackson, I think you have hit on the explanation.