PDA

View Full Version : Pimp My Ride

CornishCorpse
05-Aug-2007, 10:47 PM
Hows this for vehicle if the zombie apocolaypse came along?

http://www.jibjab.com/view/60641

EvilNed
05-Aug-2007, 11:40 PM
Holy sh*tstick. If you make that glass bulletproof, then you've got the perfect place to cruise around the undead world in. It even has a hatch so you can get into the drivers seat without going outside. That would rock so much.

I would do one thing tho, I wouldn't want a window in the kitchen, because it seems on a low enough level so that I'd be staring deadheads right in the face when I'm making food, and instead I'd add four monitors to cameras covinering each outside angle of the bus. The place is a bit claustrophobic, and unlike a house you can't get a good view of whats going on around you.

Otherwise, man oh man.

MikePizzoff
06-Aug-2007, 02:05 AM
That is freaking amazing. I'd do anything to even be able to take a ride in that thing!

MinionZombie
06-Aug-2007, 10:31 AM
lol, that's brilliant! :D

That reminded me of this riot truck thingy they had on Top Gear in one of the earlier series (of the new version), it had an electrified outer shell, grenade launcher, water canon and all sorts...mind you, no luxury...but what would you rather have, luxury or defensive capabilities? Well, I'd wanna be greedy and have both, haha! :p

bassman
06-Aug-2007, 12:43 PM
That's awesome. Better than most RV's i've seen...

All it needs is something attached to the front so that it could run through barriers, zombies, and such without damage.

MikePizzoff
06-Aug-2007, 03:09 PM
That's awesome. Better than most RV's i've seen...

All it needs is something attached to the front so that it could run through barriers, zombies, and such without damage.

Just re-attatch it's front arms and pick up a dumpster to use as your ram!

bassman
06-Aug-2007, 03:18 PM
It would kinda smell carrying a dumbster in front of your home, ya know?:p

MinionZombie
06-Aug-2007, 06:17 PM
It would kinda smell carrying a dumbster in front of your home, ya know?:p
Unlike having a greasy, splattered array of zombie parts all over the front of your truck, like some morbid fly-kill? :D

Neil
06-Aug-2007, 07:11 PM
OMFG! That's better than my house :( :)

Yojimbo
06-Aug-2007, 07:46 PM
"Hey, this is better than what I got!"

Pretty awesome. Looks like it has a high center of gravity, though, but I guess it's not built to be fast and maneuverable.

Sure would be comfortable, though, cooking a nice meal and staring out the window at the vacant eyes of the living dead. Put a turret on the top, and maybe a hydroponic setup inside (to grow tomatoes :sneaky:) and you'd be set!

Cykotic
07-Aug-2007, 01:50 PM
As was mentioned earlier, add bulletproof glass and it's perfect.

but also, you may like to add a gun turret on the roof and armour plating on the sides and then, it's gonna be ideal for me...

mista_mo
07-Aug-2007, 05:35 PM
it needs more spikey bits and flash.

paint it red, cus red ones go faster

MissJacksonCA
10-Aug-2007, 03:59 PM
OMG that thing is awesome its better than some houses i've been in! Heck is way better than my apartment! SO JEALOUS GRRRRRR :mad:

wyvern1096
15-Aug-2007, 09:25 PM
Ooooo! I want one!

Maitreya
15-Aug-2007, 10:41 PM
"Hey, this is better than what I got!"

Haha, I'm just imagining Wooley throwing a ****fit over that thing

ZombieGrrL
11-Mar-2008, 02:58 AM
I LOVE IT! :D Can't imagine how much gas/petrol it would use, but I want one now..

Epitaph4Humanit
17-Mar-2008, 10:36 PM
Sorry, I happen to think it'd make a terrible vehicle for the Apocalypse. Get away vehicle, maybe, but not for offense/defense, heres why.

Large glass windows at eye level.. these windows will not be easily covered up or replaced with thicker or more durable material, if a horde of zombies is pounding on the exterior of your vehicle these windows will likely break under the pressure, and if thicker glass is installed, it is possible that the relentless zombies will push the window out of the frame entirely. Aside from the unsafe nature of the windows it would also be exceedingly difficult to defend out of said windows. They do not cover all angles of the vehicle and will need to be opened the entire way to shoot out of.

limited space.. maybe good for camping, but including space needed for living, where are you going to store your weapons and larger than average stocks of food and medical supplies? it's too narrow to be effective. What happens if someone in your party is injured, not infected and you need to administer first aid? where are you going to perform this? On the bed, oh after you climb the ladder, right! On the kitchen counter? well that thing looks all of two feet long, maybe if they sit up on it, only if he doesn't kick on one of the elements in a fit of pain.

Non standard sized tires. If you have a flat in this vehicle you're boned to put it plainly. Those size of tires will only be available at specialty tire shops in cities.. not unless you know of a specialty truck tire discount store in the bush out near you? I wouldn't suggest it

It's TALL and 'narrow'. Okay you maybe looking at the picture and say wtf? it's not narrow. Well think of it this way.. you're cruising down said street and a horde of 150 zombies strolls out infront and all around you..all of a sudden you have 75 zombies approaching from the right side.. next thing you know the weight of all 75 of those zombies are leaning and shoving against the side of the camper.. how long before you think that thing is going to tip? What's worse, is that when you ARE on your side, how are you going to get out? Main door is flat against the ground, you could try the camper windows but you'll still have to squirm to get out of them, the windshield? same thing.

I also doubt that this vehicle has the torque you'd really like to see when hauling ass away from zombies, slow or fast I just don't think this is a good vehicle. It's likely diesel and consumes a large amount of fuel for inter-city trips.

You may have to accept that comfort is a luxury you may not be able to afford while trying to escape the undead hordes which will stalk this planet.

I would much rather take a Hummer/Humvee over a camper van. Reasons? easy

self inflating tire system, no brainer
windows are above eye level.. it's only a guess but I don't think too many zombies are going to be walking with their heads held high
design was patented off a design of a military vehicle

though to be honest my perfect vehicle fits in this category somewhere

http://www.army-technology.com/contractor_images/sabiex/2-armoured-vehicle.jpg

maybe minus the flares and smoke bombs though