View Full Version : for us guitar heor players this defines the term "OMFG!"

Danny
06-Aug-2007, 02:38 AM
_ZutgOyA9EY

JESUS ****ING H CHRIST ON A CRAPPER!!:eek:

MinionZombie
06-Aug-2007, 10:19 AM
What...the...f*ck...was that?! :eek:

I'm rubbish at those sort of games where you have to match a sequence on screen, absolutely rubbish, it's like dancing with three feet and all of them are left...

But bloody nora! :eek:

DjfunkmasterG
06-Aug-2007, 11:11 AM
Hellsing,

why do you have gingerbread man raping a rice patty as your avatar. I think you should seek sexual counseling my friend. :rockbrow::D

bassman
06-Aug-2007, 01:13 PM
It's five buttons....

MikePizzoff
06-Aug-2007, 03:05 PM
It's five buttons....

As you know already know, I'm a guitarist, and not one that just plays power chords.

This may only be five buttons but it's going to be EXTREMELY hard to play that, at all. I can guarantee you most people won't be able to get 10 seconds into it on Expert.

Maitreya
06-Aug-2007, 03:26 PM
It's five buttons....

Logic would say it's easy.

Try playing it.

It's hard just using 4 of them starting off. It's seriously nothing like guitar, it's way harder.

Dragonforce FTW.

bassman
06-Aug-2007, 03:31 PM
Logic would say it's easy.

Try playing it.

It's hard just using 4 of them starting off. It's seriously nothing like guitar, it's way harder.

Dragonforce FTW.

Harder than guitar? It has five buttons where as a guitar has 6 strings and 24 frets depending on the guitar...

CoinReturn
06-Aug-2007, 05:00 PM
Psh, real guitar doesn't have sh*t on Jordan or Hangar 18 on Expert. Real guitar is for pussies.

bassman
06-Aug-2007, 05:01 PM
Psh, real guitar doesn't have sh*t on Jordan or Hangar 18 on Expert. Real guitar is for pussies.

Yeah....because playing a video game is very creative.:rolleyes:

MinionZombie
06-Aug-2007, 06:14 PM
Playing a guitar is blatantly harder - even though I've never done either - just because there's so much more to guitar than twanging, you need to understand music, how to read it, hear it and so on.

Whereas Guitar Hero, while fun for those that dig it, is essentially just bashing away at a few buttons at the right time. It's just timing, rather than musical understanding, and for that reason, real guitar is harder I'd say.

But I'm an outsider on both, so whatever, but that's where I stand on the issue...because you were all so blatantly gagging for my opinion on this! :lol::sneaky::p

CoinReturn
06-Aug-2007, 08:57 PM
I guess the forum's sarcasm detector is broken. Obviously playing real guitar takes a hell of a lot more skill to be good at. :D

MinionZombie
06-Aug-2007, 10:30 PM
lol, wasn't referencing you in particular, but I have heard people online elsewhere say real guitar is easier, so that's more what I was addressing. :)

But ah, ya see, that's the trouble with sarcasm online...hard to read...perhaps we need a new HTML tag? :cool:

acealive1
06-Aug-2007, 11:25 PM
GREAT GUITAR WORK!! but i wanna see them put war machine on the next edition.

Danny
06-Aug-2007, 11:35 PM
actually guys all the guys i know who play guitar, adn by that i mean play well. cant play guitar hero 2 veyr well at all, its much more akin to a dance mat crossed with a keyboard than an actual guitar, and a real guitars more about memory and feeling ,this is more a test of reaction times to a tune.

MinionZombie
07-Aug-2007, 10:32 AM
But the key point being, are those guitar players who suck at Guitar Hero 3 any good at any of those button sequence games?

And most likely, you put a toy guitar in a guitarist's hands, but their hands are going to be in real guitar mode, rather than 'step away from air guitar' mode...:sneaky:

Mind you, a guitar is a noiiice peripheral.

MikePizzoff
07-Aug-2007, 11:57 AM
And most likely, you put a toy guitar in a guitarist's hands, but their hands are going to be in real guitar mode

Precisely! When I first started playing the GH games it was incredibly hard because I'd be trying to play the songs the correct way, instead of following the timing of the buttons on screen.

Tons of fun, Bassman, just give it a shot. Don't be afraid, there are plenty of really good musicians who still play this game.

Danny
07-Aug-2007, 01:55 PM
the only one i find is remotley like the real deal is the expert version of message in a bottle on the second game, if your a guitar player start on medium, not easy, thats like 3 to 8 notes per fret key and it just screws with you if you know the song.

DeadJonas190
09-Aug-2007, 05:11 AM
I have a headache and my hands hurt just watching that. I am going to suck playing that come GH3 release.

Danny
09-Aug-2007, 05:36 AM
its gotta be one of the final encores i think.

i was surprised how the singer soudned liek the real deal, i spent ages when i first got guitar hero getting good enough to play medium (thoughim up to hard mode now) to unlock the likes of war pigs adn sweet child of mine adn they sound terrible.