PDA

View Full Version : Help make Dawn on Wikipedia a Featured Article!

Desdinova
07-Aug-2007, 07:53 AM
Hey,

I'm trying to improve the quality of the article on Dawn : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of_the_Dead
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of_the_Dead)
It's coming along slowly, but what we really need are references instead of lots of unsourced statements. The production segment is a fantastic read, but no references. In particular, if you have read The Zombies That Ate Pittsburgh you would be a great asset!

So, if any of you want to help, please do!

Yojimbo
07-Aug-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey,

I'm trying to improve the quality of the article on Dawn : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of_the_Dead

It's coming along slowly, but what we really need are references instead of lots of unsourced statements. The production segment is a fantastic read, but no references. In particular, if you have read The Zombies That Ate Pittsburgh you would be a great asset!

So, if any of you want to help, please do!

There are some statements in that Wikipedia article on DOTD 78 that are misleading if not blatantly incorrect, as is frequently the case at wikipedia.

darth los
07-Aug-2007, 11:24 PM
The problem with wiki is that pretty much anyone can alter an enrty. The archives are way too vast for mods to properly "fact check" in a timely fashion.

DjfunkmasterG
08-Aug-2007, 10:57 AM
Wikipedia is pretty much useless. I can't believe people actually use it as a reliable source. I was shocked.

BTW, OT, Darth that stick people fight is pretty awesome. That is one ass whupping homie ain't walking away from.

darth los
08-Aug-2007, 05:54 PM
Wikipedia is pretty much useless. I can't believe people actually use it as a reliable source. I was shocked.

BTW, OT, Darth that stick people fight is pretty awesome. That is one ass whupping homie ain't walking away from.

I pretty much only use wiki to reinforce what i already thought was the case . Unreliable as it is it's a quick reference but shouldn't be taken as gospel.

Yeah, he did put it on that stick guy didn't he? lol. The black stick dude was probably dead half way through the confrontation. :dead:

MinionZombie
08-Aug-2007, 06:45 PM
Exactly, I think Wikipedia is good for finding out about something very quick and succinctly...more of a point of general reference. It's the sort of place where you can find out about something, then go and find out more stuff from other places...I've used it a few times for specific things, like I wrote a piece about a particular director I knew squat about, got the basic low down on him, and was then able to go and find detailed information elsewhere - which all turned out to be exactly the same facts as those on Wikipedia.

I think Wiki gets a bad rap to be honest, it's like an information forum, there's always gonna be some trolling twat out to f*ck up your "internets", but ... erm ... well, I've already said everything...and now I've ran out of words. :p

darth los
08-Aug-2007, 06:55 PM
but ... erm ... well, I've already said everything...and now I've ran out of words. :p

:stunned: If that's true then the end is truly nigh my friends. :p

DjfunkmasterG
09-Aug-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah, he did put it on that stick guy didn't he? lol. The black stick dude was probably dead half way through the confrontation. :dead:

That is a 20 second long ass beating. Just friggin' brutal. I love it! :D

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2007, 10:33 AM
You'd better be careful that numpty from that blog who complained about RE5 doesn't catch it, she'll no doubt call it a racist .gif, when it's purely to discern who's who. :rolleyes:

Brilliant .gif though, nothing like stick violence! :D

Desdinova
09-Aug-2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah, sometimes Wikipedia can get messed up, but for the most part it is a great all-in-one resource. As someone above me said, there are factual errors that the average person wouldn't realise. So I thought - what group of people do I know who love Romero films and can tell me more facts than anyone else? :evil:

So, yeah. Any help at all would be appreciated. Cheers!

capncnut
10-Aug-2007, 08:47 PM
Someone needs to sort out the Day and Land articles at Wiki, both are incredibly short and inaccurate.