PDA

View Full Version : Ready for halo 3 merch?, how about a halo 3 car?, or halo 3 food?, or halo 3 air?

Danny
09-Aug-2007, 05:49 AM
Nope, Microsoft think Halo 3 has gotten so big Halo 3's launch will now be competing with movie openings. Microsoft director of creative marketing Chris Di Cesare:
Our competition isn't other videogames. We put it on the plane with other entertainment launches, versus other game launches.
Think they're bluffing? Not with the amount of cash they're sinking into this thing. Halo 3 Halo 3 Halo 3. Not only are we gonna get Halo 3 ads up the wahzoo from now until the game launches, and tie-ins like Halo 3 Mountain Dew, we're also going to see a big deal with GM where Pontiac cars will tour the country shilling the game, and a Halo 3-branded G6 GXP Street will be given away in a competition. And if that's not enough (it is, but that won't stop them), Burger King will also be running a Halo 3 meal. Halo 3 Halo 3 Halo 3. Best part? That cola is 42 ounces. Not being one to deal in ounces, I looked that up. It's 1.2 LITRES. That little part at the bottom of the cup is so your human hand can grip it. Jesus, nobody needs that much cola. Halo 3.

geezus, its chilling that something thats complete bollox has the slogan "believe" on it now,(que religous satire of the matt adn trey variety) im looking forward to thsi as much as the next guy (when i get a replacement 360!:mad:) but this is going over the ****ing board and into the sahrk infested waters its that heavily marketed.

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2007, 11:23 AM
As you're getting at, there's such a thing as too much advertising. I think The Simpson's has suffered a tad, not that I've seen it yet, grrr...but you know, they show so many clips, too many clips in advertising and such.

Anyway, Halo 3...aye, it's like the second coming for the SexBox, and they full on know it's a huge cultural phenomenon, so they're going balls deep on this one...blimey. Even if people got sick of the adverts, they'll still buy the game. It's guaranteed to be a monster seller.

Danny
09-Aug-2007, 02:18 PM
now that i about it, this is the third and final installment in trilogy, WHO ARE THEY ADVERTISING THIS TO?!?, like who is going to buy this is they havent played the first two?, no-one of course, so only fans of the series are going to buy it so you dont actually need to advertise to them at all.

and how many million are they gonna waste on this?:rolleyes:

bassman
09-Aug-2007, 03:40 PM
now that i about it, this is the third and final installment in trilogy, WHO ARE THEY ADVERTISING THIS TO?!?, like who is going to buy this is they havent played the first two?, no-one of course, so only fans of the series are going to buy it so you dont actually need to advertise to them at all.

and how many million are they gonna waste on this?:rolleyes:

I doubt this will be the last game. It might be with this story line, but you know that they're going to make more seeing how the franchise brings in the big bucks.

Danny
09-Aug-2007, 03:53 PM
true but yknow what i mean. Its the third and final part in a story, who in tere right mind are they advertising it to who hasnt allready played the first two adn wants the whole story?

bassman
09-Aug-2007, 04:00 PM
true but yknow what i mean. Its the third and final part in a story, who in tere right mind are they advertising it to who hasnt allready played the first two adn wants the whole story?

I never finished the story in Halo 2. I mostly bought it for the multiplayer....

mista_mo
09-Aug-2007, 07:08 PM
People will buy it because it will be frigging awesome...even those who haven't finished halo 1 or 2 yet will get it because it's a next gen shooter on the most popular consule out there.

thats why.