PDA

View Full Version : How d'ya treat people?

MissJacksonCA
10-Aug-2007, 11:11 PM
I grew up following the general rule of polite thumb that you treat people how you want to be treated... I still do actually even to people who I personally may feel dont deserve it... but i'm wondering how do you treat people or strangers?

I ask this after a day of meeting the worst of the worst of strangers... some guy tried to veer into my lane and I figured he wasn't paying attention so I honked because he was about to body check my car with his ... he later caught up to me slammed on his horn while stopping traffic in his lane to give me the finger and say **** you cracker... before pulling in front of me by a few cars and slamming his brakes... not sure why...

Then I was in the market and some woman went apecrap because I grabbed some flowers that she said were hers... she was like EXCUSE ME those are MINE ... and she went on to tell me she had set them aside (in the buckets of flowers for sale mind you) to buy and was waiting til she was done with her shopping to grab them... she was so rude about it I felt like telling her to suck mine when I just said pardon me here ya go...

Aaaand when I went to return something to a local store the woman at the returns desk said i'll be back... five minutes or more later she comes back... ignores my smiling face writing stuff down and talking on her walkie talkie and then says my supervisor will have to help you with that... the supervisor wasn't much better because she said nothing to me and just handed me a store credit card and my recipt and walked off... but I was like do I really need to talk to your store manager again?

I have a high expectation of people... i'll admit that. I expect people to open doors for the elderly and to respect that if your turn signal is on that the parking spot about to open is yours. I also think most people are generally supposed to say please and thank you ma'am or sir and that its simple common decency to tell a clerk or waitress to have a nice day after they've helped you out. That's what I do and forgive me but that's what I also expect others to do. But these days I find simple common niceities are retired and replaced by abrasive nasty personalities who seem to feel that because their day sucks they should piss on someone elses parade. A whole misery loves company type thing.

WTF? Where do you learn your manners?

CornishCorpse
10-Aug-2007, 11:23 PM
Damn..Bad week huh MJ? People can be utter asses for their own amusment but on the flipside some people will surprise you with how good they can be.

I use youre rule, you treat people as youd like to be treated. I go out of my way to help because Id like to think they would do the same for me and many of my friends do but of course there are the people who just exsist by leeching off others.

One of the things Im proud of is a couple years ago in the middle of winter I had to change buses in a small village in the middle of nowhere, this was when I had first started drinking and so I was fairly er..intoxicated. It was very cold and essentially both me and a elderly lady got off the bus in this village to change onto the next bus, the driver said the next bus would be here in five minutes. The old woman sat and talked to me, rolled me a cigarette and talked about her family and I talked about mine. We spent an hour and a half freezing our balls off. I finally got sick of waiting so I called a friend for a lift, my friend came up and picked me up in his car. I couldnt just leave this old woman with her shopping alone in a village at night so we gave her a lift home. It was very out of the way but one good hand deserves another.

But of course on the flipside..a couple weeks ago I went to a festival, a friend of mine offered me and my girlfriend a lift to the festival in her car. Very sweet we thought but when we finally got there we found out the driver had not bought any money..or alcohol..or food..or a tent..She had bought a car and a spare skirt. People can be utter twits.

MissJacksonCA
10-Aug-2007, 11:29 PM
I generally go out of my way for people out of the kindness of my heart... like in the pouring rain I saw a Native American woman and her three kids stuck on the side of the road with car problems so I offerred them a lift to the nearest town to call for a tow (this was in the days before cell phones were all the rage) and I had a pizza in my car that I was taking home but I gave it to them I mean come on... who knows how cold they were from standing in the rain and heck... it was dinner time...

If I see old people in handicapped or other spaces trying to load groceries I always offer to help... I open doors for everyone... and I make sure to let greeters at the store know I want them to have a good day...

I'll admit it... my personality sucks and I can be the queen bitch of the universe but I never take out my crap day on other people if anything being nice to complete utter strangers makes me happy...

kortick
11-Aug-2007, 01:25 PM
generally I am the person that people avoid
i make no illusions that i will have no problem hurting them
when i was younger i used to say to them
" one of us will leave in an ambulance and the other will leave in a police
car and i dont car which one it is"
or
""you may be bigger than me and you sure as hell can beat me or even kill me but i promise you i will be holding your left eye in my hand before you put me down"

but i find myself being more kind to people
its not that i am a mean person who looks for trouble or fights
its just that because of my past i wont let anyone abuse me

im trying to learn to be not so short tempered
if i know you, you can bust me all you want and it wont bother me
but when a stranger does it-i lose it

trying to work on that

needless to say there has been a lot of violence in my life

for example the lady with the flowers
i literaly would have thrown them on the floor and stepped on them
and then called her an ethnic slur and told to f off
so i give you credit cuz i dont have that kind of patience

Cykotic
11-Aug-2007, 01:46 PM
""you may be bigger than me and you sure as hell can beat me or even kill me but i promise you i will be holding your left eye in my hand before you put me down"

my thoughts exactly

DVW5150
11-Aug-2007, 06:34 PM
Everyday I go out, someone shares thier capability to be hostile.
There is a road I frequently drive where the speed linit id 35 mph.
I generally go around 40 or at 38-39 mph.
Every single time, hogs of the road jam up against my ass pushing me to exceed the limit far beyond a resonable rate of speed.Its sick, and sometimes I pull over & let em pass.
A couple of times, I have gone on and seen the same twit pulled over and getting a ticket.
You see I believe that when you push back, it makes things worse.
what you are dealing with is the pampered snotty entitlement of most Americans.
I posted a thread starter about a Vietnam veteran speaking on where our country is going, & he speaks about the indifference of doctors to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Many people turn thier backs on Veterans because they are a reminder of unfortunate reprocussions of war.
I know.
We are not pschopathic muderers.
We did our duty, and this is how our country treats us.

MissJacksonCA
11-Aug-2007, 08:47 PM
Man DVW what you said was so perfect... 'pampered snotty entitlement' and I totally know what you mean about someone riding your ass when you're driving to try to get you to go faster... some guy did that to me the other day on a 30mph street with construction going on... so I did the best I could do to say its not okay to be all over my ass like a prison inmate and a newbie at the county lockup... I went 15 mph allllllll the way to the store... it was great... I mean how much of a hurry do you have to be in that you have to go 50 mph everywhere you go? Is it really going to kill you to be in your car for an extra five minutes?

I have to say Kortick about say... four years ago I prolly woulda grabbed the flowers threw 'em on the ground and threw a crapfit... I hate to let people walk all over me and treat me like they're better or stronger y'know? And heck in high school all you had to do was look at me funny or even smile at me and I was likely to threaten your life... what can I say... I had serious anger issues... prolly still do cos i've been arrested a few times over stuff but to be honest those were things done in self defense that is my story and i'm sticking to it... but one day I saw how horrible people were to perfect strangers...

My mom was in this expensive store in Carmel, California... just about thirty minutes before I dropped about $2k buying stuff for her as a suprise because I knew she'd never buy anything herself... so she was in the store and browsing and a few minutes later came out crying... my mother isn't emotionally unstable in fact I never saw her cry when she was completely sober before but she did... apparently she was trying to make polite conversation with the man who owned the store and he said if she wasn't going to buy anything to (and I quote) 'get the **** out' ...I went in there and reamed his ass after returning everything I bought from him... I mean WTF is wrong with a person who says the f word to a stranger who was only being nice to 'em? After that I saw began to notice the 'little mean things' people did to each other.

I dropped my mom off at her favorite local restaurant to eat while I went to pick up some groceries for her and when I went in to get her and pay her check the owner of the restaurant whispered to me something to the effect of 'boy she's sure a drunkard isn't she' and I looked at him and was like WTF? She is but how dare you say that to me when I pay you good money... dont expect to see a dime in the future from me.

Another time with my mom she was using her walker to cross the street from the parking lot of the mall to the mall and this woman railed on her horn and honked at her and told her to hurry the hell up because she didn't have all day. With the most self control I could muster as my mother hobbled to the mall I went up to her and bent over to her side of the car and did my best to tell her she was a royal bitch and didn't deserve to live and it wouldn't suprise me one bit if her two children in the car turned into equally horrible beings...

I see a lot of horrible things that dont even happen to me or my mother but its the constant barrage of things that I noticed happen to her that opened my eyes to how people all over get treated like dirt by complete strangers and it makes me sick. I think its generally what shaped my view to believe most people dont deserve the life they have because you just dont treat people that damn badly... and the thing is... its not just like in any one city or state... every where I've lived is pretty much the same except for Canada which i'm sure is and i just haven't seen it yet...

acealive1
11-Aug-2007, 08:48 PM
well since my family is the united nations basically,its about treating people right no matter what nationality.

flyboy
11-Aug-2007, 10:28 PM
I grew up following the general rule of polite thumb that you treat people how you want to be treated... I still do actually even to people who I personally may feel dont deserve it... but i'm wondering how do you treat people or strangers?

I ask this after a day of meeting the worst of the worst of strangers... some guy tried to veer into my lane and I figured he wasn't paying attention so I honked because he was about to body check my car with his ... he later caught up to me slammed on his horn while stopping traffic in his lane to give me the finger and say **** you cracker... before pulling in front of me by a few cars and slamming his brakes... not sure why...

Then I was in the market and some woman went apecrap because I grabbed some flowers that she said were hers... she was like EXCUSE ME those are MINE ... and she went on to tell me she had set them aside (in the buckets of flowers for sale mind you) to buy and was waiting til she was done with her shopping to grab them... she was so rude about it I felt like telling her to suck mine when I just said pardon me here ya go...

Aaaand when I went to return something to a local store the woman at the returns desk said i'll be back... five minutes or more later she comes back... ignores my smiling face writing stuff down and talking on her walkie talkie and then says my supervisor will have to help you with that... the supervisor wasn't much better because she said nothing to me and just handed me a store credit card and my recipt and walked off... but I was like do I really need to talk to your store manager again?

I have a high expectation of people... i'll admit that. I expect people to open doors for the elderly and to respect that if your turn signal is on that the parking spot about to open is yours. I also think most people are generally supposed to say please and thank you ma'am or sir and that its simple common decency to tell a clerk or waitress to have a nice day after they've helped you out. That's what I do and forgive me but that's what I also expect others to do. But these days I find simple common niceities are retired and replaced by abrasive nasty personalities who seem to feel that because their day sucks they should piss on someone elses parade. A whole misery loves company type thing.

your lucky he didnt get out and chin you!:lol:

MissJacksonCA
12-Aug-2007, 12:01 AM
what does chin me mean?

Andy
12-Aug-2007, 12:14 AM
what does chin me mean?
Chin (someone) Verb. To hit someone on the chin. E.g."I'm going to chin that idiot if he doesn't shut up."

MissJacksonCA
12-Aug-2007, 02:43 AM
whew! for a moment I thought it was something like teabagging someone lol

DVW5150
12-Aug-2007, 02:05 PM
I have either bad luck , or folks just are in thier own world.
I was standing in line at checkout, sometimes I have to stand back to let cross traffic pass.That puts me at the end of the isle facing the line.
Someone with a moderate amount of groceries will jump in front of me.
Once an employee of the store I was in did this.
If someone is standing just abit back to let other people pass, its pretty clear.
He was about 6 ft, kinda of a muscle knoggin, wearing his store polo shirt.
I said to him politely, "Excuse me , I am in this line."
"Yes you are, behind me."His terse response was.
"Can you share what it is like to have the world at your feet, being so superior and all?"He didnt have a nametag.
He then said,"I was here first."
Ok, this was one of those moments, like 'Scenes we'd like to see."That was in Mad Magazine(some might recall).
"I was standing back so people could pass."I answered.
"Hey pal...", he said. There was that tone,a you better 'back off' tone.
I was polite, and let this neanderthal get his littleway.
As he was paying with a check ,which took just a minute or so, I said,"Wow all that hurry & you are a smart ass too." I said looking straight at the side of (its) acne-face as he wrote on the check.
By now the cashier had noticed this as it was developing .
So had other people.
I dont remember what (its) name was,"Hairy Knuckles, this man was in line." the cashier said .
He looked at me & said,"Oh, I'm sorry sir."
"No problem, you're just gonna spend your life being self centered , thats a real sorry thing."
He was not in a position to be nasty anymore, obviously the gent who was cashier was an emplyee longer than him, he was an older man, grayish hair.
"Sir I am sorry about this."The cashier said.
"I am not," I said, as he walked away twards the doors,"Hes in hurry, and someone else isnt going to tollerate him, Id like to see that."
"He would be the kind of guy that would step on anyone for a short term gain." He heard me & got red-faced, and the people around started laughing at him.
I walked out to the parking lot, he was waiting.
"You f*cking assh*le!" , he said loudly.
"**** , you must hate your job DUDE!",looking right in his eyes...
I stared at him, he started to backed down.
He seemed bewildered, like he didnt get the reaction he wanted.
"Why dont you just play 'hide & go f^ck yourself ' out here in the parking lot?"I borrowed that from a source some might recognize.
A few of the other customers were starting to gather.
"F^ck YOU!" He shouted, & started to move right into my face.
I did not back down.

My brain became like fire, as I could smell the garlic on his rancid breath. I remained calm as could be outwardly.
"Come on , I would like you to give me a reason to make this end badly for you."I whispered.
He backed down.I stood my ground, with my one gallon of AZ green tea.
He backed away with his plastic bag of at least 12 items...
Since , I have seen him in that store, but he avoids me.:moon:

FoodFight
12-Aug-2007, 04:28 PM
How d'ya treat people?

With more respect than they actually deserve.

DeadJonas190
12-Aug-2007, 05:23 PM
I will usually treat people with respect, but if they get on my bad side I can be a complete a$$hole. I will hold a door for a person if I see they are walking in or out, I will help them pick up things that are dropped, I am generally a nice person. The one thing I don't do is stop on the side of the road to help people, but thats because it's not a safe thing to do in metro Detroit. If I were somewhere else, I would stop to help, but not here.

Rude people though, they can get me angry, like the person with 2 shopping carts of food in the 12 items or less line or the people who like to ride my bumper when I am already going 80mph.

I work 2 jobs, both of them being in the customer service industry. I am management at both, so I have to deal with a lot of idiots and yes, it is safe to call people idiots. For instance, one of my jobs is a Dairy Queen. We make everything according to how the recipe book says (and yes there is a recipe book) yet we still get people complaining saying things like "$1.49 for this, at the other store it's cheaper!" and the other store is our sister store which has the same prices. Anyway, it got so bad last year that we had to put up signs saying our products are made to International Dairy Queen standards so we will not give any refunds or exchanges. Sure if we make a mistake we will fix it, but we would have people eating half of a blizzard, bringing it back in and then saying it was the wrong one. I actually had a customer come in 30 minutes after she left on a 90+ degree day saying that her blizzard melted and that she wanted a new one! She wanted to argue about it too, but I refused to give a refund and had to point out the fact that on a 90+ degree day ice cream melts if you don't eat it fast.

So yeah, I deal with a lot of ignorant peple and idiots. I could write a 1000 book on everybody, but I'll stop at this.

Like I said before, I am the nicest person unless you get me pissed. Then I am an a$$hole.

DjfunkmasterG
12-Aug-2007, 09:35 PM

you give humanity too much credit. I usually don't interact with people unless they say something to me first. There are too many a$$holes in the world, and I know because I am one of those a$$holes

Neil
13-Aug-2007, 12:06 PM
Unfortunately there will always be f**wits, or even worse around...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6943553.stm

MissJacksonCA
14-Aug-2007, 01:07 AM
:( which reminds me...

My boyfriends friends father was beaten nearly to death by his own nephews and for what you wonder? The few bucks he had lying around (which wasn't much)... and it wasn't just him being beaten to within an inch of his life and being left for dead... his home was completely trashed with windows bashed in ... electronics thrashed... everything destroyed. It was horrible...

mista_mo
14-Aug-2007, 05:55 AM
I treat people based on class and lifestyle. Emos, goths, chavs, wiccans, pagens, scietologists, wapanease etc. are all subhuman mongrels that only deserve the feel of my sneakers on the back of their skulls as i laugh to the bank while driving a solid gold winnebago, powered by the souls of murdered children and orange juice.

seriously,

I hate to admit it, but I tend to form basic ideas of a person before i even know them that well (such as labeling some girl as a slutty whore etc. while in all actuality she is far from that), but the people I count as friends I tend to treat well, even if my head gets lodged in the clodus from time to time. Oh, and at work I am polite to people, holding doors open for them, and saying ma'am, sir, pelase, thank you etc. However, I have a natural dislike for emos/goths. I dunno why...I always have for some reason.

what can I say, i'm a great guy.

MissJacksonCA
15-Aug-2007, 02:04 AM
Its cool man... I really dislike most of the goths and emos I meet too...

What I really hate is faking my hatred for people... like my boyfriends roomie is the worlds biggest AHOLE but I still make 'em dinner and bring them both goodies because frankly... its just easier to get along when we're all pretending we like each other... if only the whole world could learn from my example lol... we'd all be holding hands and skipping everywhere :)

mista_mo
15-Aug-2007, 04:23 AM
yea and one day BOOM

The Taliban roles over us.

Good idea Aynsley.

I would do the same...Cept this one guy..I loathe his prescence so much..when I look at him I go from being in a perfect mood to absolutley hating being there..he has this affect on me, and I dunno why..I think it's cus he is a terrible liar and used alot of people I know, and used all of his Gf (including one of my good friends) for sex only, and treated them like s*it when they wouldn't put out...Thats probibly why.

Rottedfreak
15-Aug-2007, 08:20 AM
On work schemes/training courses I read minds, pose as a friend and secretly sap the lifeforce from this 'buddy'.

RustyHicks
15-Aug-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't stop for little old ladies crossing the street,
I throw rocks at cats caught in a tree,
slam doors on people behind me,
grab a persons parking spot just as they're
about to drive in.
I run across peoples lawn when I see
they just put seedling down,
throw my garbage on the curb,
even if the garbage can is an inch
from my reach.
I'll park in a handicap spot,
have three carts of groceries and
make sure to use an 8 items or less check out.
when paying for things, I always take my time writing
out a check while others stand in line waiting.
:) :) :) :) (just joking) lol

I do try and treat people with respect, until they
do something to peeve me off or show just how
disrespectful they can be, then it's good bye Charlie Brown!