PDA

View Full Version : Night 68 behind the scenes footage!

spindrift68
11-Aug-2007, 09:10 AM
Look what I found on youtube

YjQmISUTsyA

axlish
11-Aug-2007, 01:54 PM
Amazing, thanks for sharing!

Philly_SWAT
11-Aug-2007, 10:11 PM
Well, thats cool! I wonder who posted that, and where the footage came from? Is that on a VHS,LD,DVD release somewhere, or was it the users home footage?

axlish
11-Aug-2007, 10:17 PM
In the decription on youtube, it says that it was recorded off of TV, and it belonged to Chilly Billy. The user has all sorts of old Pittsburgh TV uploaded.

DEAD BEAT
13-Aug-2007, 03:52 PM
Cool find!:D

Yojimbo
13-Aug-2007, 08:02 PM
That is too awesome!

Thanks for the link and heads up. Probably one of the coolest things I have seen for a long while.

major jay
14-Aug-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks for posting that. The Chilly Billy clips that user posted bring back memories. He made watching TV fun.

axlish
15-Aug-2007, 12:04 AM
had to sticky this one, too important.

Cody
15-Aug-2007, 04:17 PM
wow im suprised any of that footage survived

capncnut
16-Aug-2007, 06:14 AM
There was a programme on Zone Horror recently and it had a Bill Lustig interview where he was saying that a bunch of rare behind-the-scenes Night footage had been unearthed and how Anchor Bay/Starz (who Lustig now works for) is planning on another Night release to cover this. Good stuff.

Danny
16-Aug-2007, 06:29 AM
^considering ive yet to find a copy other than the 30th edition thats worth the cash (remembering im unemployed adn have zero income) that'd be a buy for me.

axlish
16-Aug-2007, 03:02 PM
There was a programme on Zone Horror recently and it had a Bill Lustig interview where he was saying that a bunch of rare behind-the-scenes Night footage had been unearthed and how Anchor Bay/Starz (who Lustig now works for) is planning on another Night release to cover this. Good stuff.

So Lustig no longer works for the company he owns (Blue Underground)?

Also, this sounds an awful lot like the HALLOWEEN outtakes that was recently unearthed by Don May, Jr. of Synapse. Just making sure that you weren't confusing that for this.

I hope to **** you are right about this though.

^considering ive yet to find a copy other than the 30th edition thats worth the cash (remembering im unemployed adn have zero income) that'd be a buy for me.

Millennium Edition, buy a region free ntsc to pal converting player if you don't already have one.

capncnut
19-Aug-2007, 06:31 AM
Also, this sounds an awful lot like the HALLOWEEN outtakes that was recently unearthed by Don May, Jr. of Synapse. Just making sure that you weren't confusing that for this.
It was definitely Night, the show was like one of them 'Graveyard Shift' type interviews at 3am. He said that Night was going to get a proper release through Anchor Bay one day, also stating that he recently did a Dracula: Prince of Darkness commentary with Christopher Lee.

I don't think he's left Blue Underground though.

DruNewp
06-Sep-2007, 08:14 PM
Interesting. MOS and all! Thanks for sharing.

raym
25-Sep-2007, 12:26 AM
wow!

NOW this comes up??

RJ_Sevin
25-Sep-2007, 07:49 AM
That's the coolest thing I've seen in forever. Wow. Thanks for sharing!

DubiousComforts
01-Oct-2007, 11:47 PM
Well, thats cool! I wonder who posted that, and where the footage came from? Is that on a VHS,LD,DVD release somewhere, or was it the users home footage?
This rare footage was obviously shot by the gentleman on the left:
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9931/noldstevehutskochillybiim2.jpg

That's Steve Hutsko, real-life TV-11 cameraman, who is always mis-credited as having played a "zombie" (thanks to the Internet Movie Dumbase). Look at the camera he's holding: a 16mm spring-drive, hand-crank model widely used for in-the-field news coverage in the 50s & 60s. It's exactly the type of camera that would have filmed this footage; despite the obvious You Tube and home video degradation, it looks pro-shot.

According to the LD/DVD commentary, Steve Hutsko was still active as a newscameraman in the mid 90s. Unbelievable that nobody has contacted this guy to see if the original 16mm film still exists, not to mention whatever else he might have in the archives. :D

suicide22
12-Oct-2007, 02:29 PM
Fantastic.

LivingDeadBeat
05-Mar-2008, 03:54 PM
Quality, thanks for sharing!

lullubelle
06-Mar-2008, 07:58 PM
That was pretty interesting, thanks for sharing

DaDeadGuy
09-Feb-2009, 03:57 PM
Pretty cool! I love youtube.

capncnut
09-Feb-2009, 04:12 PM
Pretty cool! I love youtube.
Stay tuned to your friendly neighbourhood HPotD. ;)