PDA

View Full Version : Dawn '78 in German

xopher
15-Aug-2007, 07:36 AM
I'm sure this is probably insignificant to most people on here but if you go to http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/4/5456 you can watch Dawn Of The Dead aka "Zombie". In German. What's interesting to me though is that it seems to be cut different even from the italian version that comes with the Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition. George Romero did say though that because of the agreement he made to relinquish overseas distro rights, the movie has been cut so many ways that there are probably actually more like 15 different version of it out there somewhere.

In this German version, I'm surprised by how quickly some of the cuts are and how quickly the creditd flash on and off.

Philly_SWAT
15-Aug-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm sure this is probably insignificant to most people on here but if you go to http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/4/5456 you can watch Dawn Of The Dead aka "Zombie".
Y:Dou're new here, arent you?

What's interesting to me though is that it seems to be cut different even from the italian version that comes with the Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition.
I started to watch it, but got bored quick cuz of the German. I assume that it is the "Red Edition"? With all cuts from all the versions?

Yojimbo
16-Aug-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm sure this is probably insignificant to most people on here but if you go to http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/4/5456 you can watch Dawn Of The Dead aka "Zombie". In German. What's interesting to me though is that it seems to be cut different even from the italian version that comes with the Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition. George Romero did say though that because of the agreement he made to relinquish overseas distro rights, the movie has been cut so many ways that there are probably actually more like 15 different version of it out there somewhere.

In this German version, I'm surprised by how quickly some of the cuts are and how quickly the creditd flash on and off.

Dude, nothing in the dead world is insignificant to a freak like me. except for Contagium and Rubenstein, that hack!

xopher
16-Aug-2007, 07:25 AM
Although I haven't posted that much, I've been on the new forum for over a year now. It's just that I've seen people get some rather negative feedback on topics sometimes so I just assume nobody is as obsessive as me on alot of this stuff. There was this one guy a while back that was a big Lucio Fulci fan. There's been several on the board, and that's cool but this guy would bash Romero and talk about how great Fulci was. I didn't understand why he was even here.

Anyhow, I like learning any new information about the Dead saga that I can. I've mentioned this several times before but I've got a video that's cut different than any of the DVD's I have. It's that scene with Joe Pilato, right before flyboy and the others take off in the chopper where the guys with the guns hold them up for a minute, or rather the scene where they don't, depending on which cut you're watching.

It is because of things like this that Dawn is one of the most intriguing and addictive movies I think I've ever been exposed to. I don't just sit like mush and watch it like I do many other movies, like say A Night At The Roxburry. When I watch Dawn Of The Dead, I find myself litterally meditating on the history, the little factiods I keep learning, the various variations of different scenes, the music, the social commentaries, and even my own personal religious and moral implications that I've found in the film, (weather they're really there or not). It's in my nature to see analogies in most things.

Although I love Night Of The Living Dead and Day Of The Dead, Dawn is really in a camp all it's own. They all are really, but on the subject of Dawn, it is truely quite an amazing film.

I wonder what it's like to make a "B" movie and then turn around 20 years later and find out it's really an "A" movie in disguise, with an enormous following of dedicated fans. Being a fan of a George Romero movie, especially a Dead film, it's almost a lifestyle.

Dude, nothing in the dead world is insignificant to a freak like me. except for Contagium and Rubenstein, that hack!

Yeah, on the subject of Contagium, I think it was Taurus Entertainment that made it?

I'm sorry guys. I tried to watch Creepshow 3. It's a mystery what goes through some people's minds when they suddenly consider themselves "movie maker" material. Or perhaps they think making movies is just an easy game to play for people with the money to do so. I either case, my analysis of all things Taurus Entertainment is this:

They've made two movies. They were both "sequals" to George Romero movies. They were both complete and utter S***. And no, I don't mean that as a slightly disgruntled fan who's just inconvenienced by a sudden inconsitancy in his fantasy universe. I mean, even if these were not GAR rip-offs, these movies are horrible. The fact that they ARE rip-offs just makes it that more painful.

Taurus Entertainment has one more chance with me to make a really good original movie, and I say this with gritted teeth and my hand over my eyes. If they even attempt to make another GAR rip-off, if I even sense a hint of any refference to George A Romero in any way in their next effort, they can all die a slow painful death after being tortured for hours, then eaten by the very zombies they ripped off. (that was a bit jevenile, but sincere all the same)

I'm sorry, and I may be wrong here, but it really looks like Taurus Entertainment is actually "I Wish I Would Have Thought Of That First" Entertainment. Or maybe just "I Wish I Was George A Romero" Entertainment. Maybe it's "I Hope George Sees My Dedication To His Genre And Calls Me For A Collaboration" Entertainment.

PS: Creepshow 3 should not be called that, and get's a solid two thumbs down from me.