PDA

View Full Version : Zombie board games...

MissJacksonCA
16-Aug-2007, 01:09 AM
Does anyone know of any zombie board games? And if not ...heck even if so... would you buy one? I think a zombie board game would be sweet... something like Risk maybe with countries gradually filling with undead ... a fight for post-zombie world conquest...

Cody
16-Aug-2007, 05:13 AM
Well hpotd has a print out version of the dawn board game. I have the real one but its still sealed and I dont want to ruin its collector value :P...so I dont know what its like.

I know a new zombie board game is currently also being talked about in the games forum too.

MissJacksonCA
16-Aug-2007, 09:12 PM
aw shoot I posted in the wrong forum again...

Andy
16-Aug-2007, 09:27 PM
aw shoot I posted in the wrong forum again...

I personally would call dead discussion a good forum for zombie board game discussions.

I always think of the games forum being a place for Computer/Console games.

MissJacksonCA
16-Aug-2007, 09:37 PM
Whew! Technically its living dead related but there's a fine line between some things...

Open up your Dawn of the Dead game Cody... it would be a disservice to never play it man... orrrrr SELL IT! Some of us want board games... hint hint nudge whack!

EvilNed
16-Aug-2007, 09:43 PM
A game store I worked at had a RPG called Zombies! but that's the closest thing I've ever seen. Never seen All Flesh Must be Eaten in a store.

Neil
16-Aug-2007, 09:46 PM
Took a hell of a lot of effort converting it... That manual was completely hand typed in and all the images scanned and put into it...

I should really convert the manual to PDF or RTF format...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/games/dbg.html

Yojimbo
16-Aug-2007, 10:36 PM
Whew! Technically its living dead related but there's a fine line between some things...

Open up your Dawn of the Dead game Cody... it would be a disservice to never play it man... orrrrr SELL IT! Some of us want board games... hint hint nudge whack!

Dude, don't open it! Game will still have resale value if opened, but you know, mint always trumps used in value.

I've played the game (back in the early 80s) and remember it being pretty cool, though not enough to ruin the value of your collector's item, especially considering that you can print out the game and play that for free without ruining anything.

MissJacksonCA
16-Aug-2007, 11:55 PM
You have to forgive me because I think collecting something is like saving a bottle of wine for a special occasion... everyday is special and he may never live to sell it for what its worth... live for today man!

Yojimbo
17-Aug-2007, 03:58 PM
MJ, I do hear what you are saying and it makes a lot of sense. A lot of people do live their lives that way, and it is indeed sad.

But a bottle of wine is a singular item, not to be duplicated or replaced. Therefore, should one wish to enjoy a specific bottle, they would have no alternative but to open that bottle or do without. In this case, should someone wish to experience this game, they have alternatives to breaking their original's seal. I don't think the "fun" value is reduced by playing a copy, whereas a bottle of wine is a bottle of wine.

I guess it all boils down to whether it is worth it you to reduce the value of your item for the enjoyment of playing a virgin, original set.

Just in case anyone here doesn't want to open their mint condition, sealed, and high priced SPI original, here is a link to a site where you can download the game in a zipped format. It has been updated with better graphics, which don't really add to the gameplay but are very cool to look at.

http://www.witchmastercreations.com/dawn.php

I know there is a downloadable version here at HPOTD, but as far as I can recall it was the old version.

DEAD BEAT
17-Aug-2007, 04:31 PM
Well hpotd has a print out version of the dawn board game. I have the real one but its still sealed and I dont want to ruin its collector value :P...so I dont know what its like.

I know a new zombie board game is currently also being talked about in the games forum too.

How the hell did you get your mitts on that?

I'm green with envy!
:(

Cody
17-Aug-2007, 05:24 PM
about a year ago some guy was selling them on ebay for a little over 80$ along with a bunch of gay man magazines. I didnt get those though.

DEAD BEAT
17-Aug-2007, 06:27 PM
about a year ago some guy was selling them on ebay for a little over 80$ along with a bunch of gay man magazines. I didnt get those though.

ha ha!
but ill bet there are some people on this forum who'd dig those!
;)

AcesandEights
17-Aug-2007, 07:01 PM
Let's make a Zombie board game and pocket the funds for beer and pretzel* money.

Community Project!

*Pretzel used herein as an interchangeable term for anything you like to have alongside your beer.

EvilNed
17-Aug-2007, 07:11 PM
Community Project!

Did somebody say my name?

AcesandEights
17-Aug-2007, 07:39 PM
Did somebody say my name?

Awwww, but I wanted us to save the proceeds for beer and pretzels*, not an arms race. I thought we could have a party :(

*Pretzel used herein as an interchangeable term for anything you like to have alongside your beer.

Cody
17-Aug-2007, 09:14 PM
^^^ hahaha I got that joke.

Eyebiter
17-Aug-2007, 09:32 PM
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/metasearch.php?searchtype=game&search=zombie

MissJacksonCA
17-Aug-2007, 10:07 PM
Let's make a Zombie board game and pocket the funds for beer and pretzel* money.

Community Project!

hmmm... so beer and hot wing money? YES! I'm in!

MoonSylver
17-Aug-2007, 10:34 PM
Does anyone know of any zombie board games? And if not ...heck even if so... would you buy one? I think a zombie board game would be sweet... something like Risk maybe with countries gradually filling with undead ... a fight for post-zombie world conquest...

There are a NUMBER of them, with more on the way.

follow this link for a good list of them:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/18998/

The best of the crop (IMO) are "Zombies!!!" & "Zombie Plague". The upcoming "Last Night on Earth" looks good too.

MissJacksonCA
17-Aug-2007, 10:35 PM
Sweet link thanks MS! :thumbsup:

MoonSylver
17-Aug-2007, 10:50 PM
Sweet link thanks MS! :thumbsup:

No prob. Zombie boardgames are something of a hobby of mine. I've done more scenarios for "Zombies!!!" & done more work on custom cards & such for "Zombie Plague" than I care to think about. Just played a couple of games of ZP on the new "La Isla de la Murete" & "The Church by the Cemetery" maps the other day. Did not go well for my Human Players...:eek:

Yojimbo
18-Aug-2007, 01:05 AM

Community Project!

Lets do this thing!

Lord_Galvatron
18-Aug-2007, 01:36 AM
Zombies!!! is a lot of fun... especially that they will release a 2nd edition with the new female zombie figure. :D

MoonSylver
19-Aug-2007, 06:15 PM
Zombies!!! is a lot of fun... especially that they will release a 2nd edition with the new female zombie figure. :D

"Zombies!!!" is a hard one to beat (despite a lot of negative comments by some)
SIX expansions to date, loads of scenarios & house rules out there to customize to your tastes. Plus, who doesn't love 100 plastic zombies?

"Zombie Plague" is my other favorite. More of the NOTLD vibe to it. It's FREE, just dl it & do the assembly yourself. If you already have "Zombies!!!" you can put the Shotgun Guys & Zombies to work in ZP too. Also plenty of new cards, expansions, etc avaliable through the Yahoo Group or the Boradgamegeek site.

"Last Night on Earth:the Zombie Game" looks like it could be the one to beat. Copies were available this weekend at Gencon, & should start trickling through distribution soon.

MoonSylver
28-Aug-2007, 08:59 PM
For anyone that was following this thread, "Last Night On Earth" has started showing up via E-Bay. My copy just arrived last weekend @ it's AWESOME. I spun it off into a seperate thread, but thought I'd better post the heads up here for those who were interested as well.

MissJacksonCA
28-Aug-2007, 10:15 PM
Why lick my shins and light me on fire thats sweet!

Yojimbo
29-Aug-2007, 01:08 AM
Why lick my shins and light me on fire thats sweet!

Never heard anyone say exactly that before. Interesting

MissJacksonCA
29-Aug-2007, 02:40 AM
you know you're dying to use that line on someone...

Cody
29-Aug-2007, 03:12 AM
I had no idea so many existed