PDA

View Full Version : Len Wiseman to direct Escape Remake

DjfunkmasterG
16-Aug-2007, 09:29 AM
Filmmaker Len Wiseman is in negotiations to direct the remake of cult classic Escape From New York. Actor Gerard Butler has already signed up to star in the update of director John Carpenter's futuristic action film as anti-hero Snake Plissken, a part made famous by Kurt Russell in the 1981 original and its 1996 sequel Escape From LA. Wiseman most recently directed this year's Live Free Or Die Hard.

from imdb.com

MinionZombie
16-Aug-2007, 10:38 AM
:rolleyes:

1) No remake needed
2) Butler is never gonna be anywhere near as awesome as the original & best
3) Len Wiseman? Ah geez, the dude doesn't have subtlety in him, which you need a dash of, with Escape from New York

The remake will never live up to the original, blates.

EvilNed
16-Aug-2007, 12:30 PM
... If the film remake is actually not half-bad, then lots of new fans will flock to it and they'll claim that it's better than the original. Like with the Dawn remake, I hear people everyday saying how superior the Remake is (only because it has running zombies). Everytime I tell them that sure, if you like action films. But if you like zombiefilms, then the original is the way to go.

This pisses me off!

fartpants
20-Aug-2007, 07:05 PM
Kurt Russell is Snake Plissken...end of story

zombie04
20-Aug-2007, 10:28 PM
I remember just 5 years ago Carpenter was talking about trying to make an animated sequel with Kurt Russell involved. Why do directors like him and Tarantino always talk of making interesting movies and then sit around and do nothing? Because I've been waiting for Inglorious Bastards for how long now? And with the exception of Death Proof I can't think of a Kurt Russell movie I've loved since Stargate came out in the early 90s? I think the 80s was just his decade.

MinionZombie
21-Aug-2007, 10:01 AM
He was in Breakdown, and he was awesome in that, not as awesome as Plissken or whatever of course, but yeah, his heyday of awesomeness was the 80s, but he's far from snuffed out into the night, the dude's coming back.

Tarantino is apparently working on Inglorious Bastards now, working on the script again, so perhaps that really will be his next film. I wish he'd make The Vega Brothers (Travolta and Madsen) because that could be bloody awesome - fingers crossed for afterwards, before the both of them get too old...mind you, Madsen is in much better shape than Travolta.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Aug-2007, 11:59 AM
I would rather see the Vega Brothers. I don't need another War Movie, I mean how do you beat the awesomeness of Saving Private Ryan's opening, or Full Metal Jacket... You don't. Quentin needs to just do the Vega Brothers, he does "Bastards" he is going to have another flop on his hands.

bassman
21-Aug-2007, 12:14 PM
I would rather see the Vega Brothers. I don't need another War Movie, I mean how do you beat the awesomeness of Saving Private Ryan's opening, or Full Metal Jacket... You don't. Quentin needs to just do the Vega Brothers, he does "Bastards" he is going to have another flop on his hands.

If by "flop" you mean that it won't make good money......I don't think a Vega Brothers movie would do any better. Especially now that Tarantino's name roughly translates to "money grubbing whore"...

zombie04
21-Aug-2007, 07:12 PM
I forgot about Breakdown, thanks for reminding me. Executive Decision wasn't bad either, especially considering Steven Segal's death is something I can watch over and over and over again. I don't know how a Vega Brothers movie would work. Both Travolta and Madsen look nothing like they did when they made the movies in which both their characters died. Plus I don't think that movie would make very much money so it would be seen as a wasteful investment even to the Weinsteins. I think Bastards could be a great movie. I'm not looking for him to make a Saving Private Ryan but more of a character driven Dirty Dozen, which I think could work.