PDA

View Full Version : Re-Animator fans rejoice!

MinionZombie
16-Aug-2007, 10:12 PM
Purely stumbled across this news as I was flicking through channels, came across Star Trek Enterprise where I saw Jeffrey Combs had a part, I looked him up on IMDb to see if my Dad recognised his character (as he hasn't seen the awesomeness that is Re-Animator...even though I've got it on videotape and twice on DVD :lol:)

Anyway - "skip to the end":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804493/

Yay! :)

I loved all the Re-Animator movies, the 3rd obviously wasn't as good as 1 or 2, but it was still a good, fun flick (who could resist a severed, re-animated penis fighting with a rat?! :D)

And bloody nora - William H. Macy is cropping up in this as the blinkin' President, Dan Cain is back (Bruce Abbott).

Plot seems to be something along the lines of:

US Prez croaks, West is brought in to re-animate the Prez (there must be a reason the Vice Prez is no good then...:confused:), so now they have a Zombie Prez. Sounds kinda lame to some perhaps, but I'm totally up for checking out this flick when it comes out next year. :)

Or according to Wikipedia, he's brought in to reanimate the Vice Prez...so who knows...

Oh - the Megan Halsey character is back (the chick Dan Cain was banging in the first flick), and Stuart Gordon is back in the directing chair! :cool:

MissJacksonCA
16-Aug-2007, 11:32 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YAY ME! And some of you... but really YAY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

Can't really see William H Macy in it but hey... i'm looking forward to it!

Danny
17-Aug-2007, 02:30 AM
i think william h maceys an underrated actor, if i directed a remake of the stand my choice for randal flagg would come down to him or mark hamil (cus like when he was the priest in the village of the damnded remake, hamil can pull of creepy dude really well)>

MissJacksonCA
17-Aug-2007, 02:34 AM
he's an awesome actor and one of my most favorite... but yeah he is underrated ...kinda like paul giamatti... i'm just not sure if he has a good deal of presence

jdog
21-Aug-2007, 10:33 AM
best news i heard since diary of the dead

zombie04
21-Aug-2007, 07:18 PM
So let me get this straight, something happens to the president and since the vice president isn't up to the challenge the president is brought back to life (in a way replaced). Kind of sounds like somebody watched that crappy movie Dave and thought they could combine it with a Re-Animator plot. I honestly haven't liked any of the movies in that series except for the first. I say why bother.

MinionZombie
22-Aug-2007, 12:36 PM
Actually it might be the Vice Prez gets re-animated, so I duno what's what. Maybe both are killed but only the Vice Prez is able to be brought back, i.e. doesn't look dead...like maybe the prez has a big old gash on his mush, so...

Anyway, roll on me thinks.