PDA

View Full Version : Went to Fear of Clowns 2 Premiere last night

DjfunkmasterG
17-Aug-2007, 01:00 PM
Living in Maryland has it's perks... with a big movie industry here on both studio and indie levels it is nice to see the locals guy and what type of stuff they put out. So Last night I drove 60 miles to The Senator theater on York Rd in Baltimore to be entertained.... and entertained I was...

Last night I caught Fear of Clowns 2, the follow up to the 2004, $50K indie feature released by Lion's Gate Home Entertainment. Director Kevin Kangas has brought Shivers the clown back for more hack and slashing, and this time he has brought friends.

The first film lacked a lot of things, good acting being one of those items, in fact it took me quite a few tries to even get through it, but Hot Damn... Part 2 is like a completely different movie. Much better on every aspect, and honestly just forget Fear of Clowns 1, even if you hated 1 you will definitely find many things to enjoy about part 2. The gore was nice... lotsa of blood, and heads flying. Some nice frontal nudity shots... not bad for a budget less than $100K.

I walked in with the lowest of expectations... and walked out very surprised and entertained. So Homerun for Kevin Kangas.

Cody
17-Aug-2007, 05:09 PM
I could never go to a place having low expectations about the thing im doing, and you were willing to drive 60 miles!!!

well im glad the movie turned to tickle your fancy. im not a big independent film fan, Ill makie a exception for zombie movies though

DjfunkmasterG
17-Aug-2007, 05:58 PM
Well I did originally for support reasons. Kevin came to my premiere and I attended his, because I support indie filmmaking. The film being really good was an actual bonus.