PDA

View Full Version : marijuana question

Cody
19-Aug-2007, 09:14 PM
I've got a drug test tom for a new cook job im getting, ive bene clean for god knows how long BUT the other day i got a wiff off it burning (neighbor) didnt inhale any of the smome but i smelt it. am I good?

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't know anything about piss tests, but I would have thought you'd be completely fine. Surely you've gotta have directly ingested a solid amount of puff for it to affect your wazz.

CornishCorpse
19-Aug-2007, 09:21 PM
Yup, no worries. The smell if strong enough might have managed to cling to youre clothes but severly doubt it and if so jus wash em or change clothes. No way anything will show up on youre tests. Have faith in a british stranger on a zed head site.Youre all good to go. Good luck with the job.

Edit: Make that two british strangers .

flyboy
19-Aug-2007, 09:38 PM
I've got a drug test tom for a new cook job im getting, ive bene clean for god knows how long BUT the other day i got a wiff off it burning (n dont worry about that.
eighbor) didnt inhale any of the smome but i smelt it. am I good?

course man easy!!dont worry about that.

Yojimbo
19-Aug-2007, 09:50 PM
Our British zed-head friends are right on target. No worries, brother! You'll piss test just fine assuming you didn't actually partake.

_liam_
19-Aug-2007, 10:55 PM
aye it'll be fine

MissJacksonCA
20-Aug-2007, 12:20 AM
Yeah man you're good ... i'm wondering though... when you take a job that requires a drug test do they test you once like before you get hired or is it a continued process... anyone know?

Danny
20-Aug-2007, 01:58 AM
as long as you dont actually smell like burning leaves youll be fine.

Though a freind of mine showed up to an interview blunted t'nines with red eyes and no focus and got a job building houses, i wouldnt want to live there let me tell you.
People can say theres nowt wrong with it but that dude cant be not high anymore, hes like towlie only its sad not funny if were hanging out adn he starts to come down he HAS to head home to smoke up and get high again, thats a slippery slope to the friggin bottom.

MissJacksonCA
20-Aug-2007, 02:18 AM

Though a freind of mine showed up to an interview blunted t'nines with red eyes and no focus and got a job building houses, i wouldnt want to live there let me tell you.
People can say theres nowt wrong with it but that dude cant be not high anymore, hes like towlie only its sad not funny if were hanging out adn he starts to come down he HAS to head home to smoke up and get high again, thats a slippery slope to the friggin bottom.

I had a coworker like that... he could only function if he was high and a few sheets to the wind... when he was totally sober and lucid he walked around like a total zombie it was so sad...

Danny
20-Aug-2007, 02:39 AM
yeah, there also the same people who say theres no side effects, mostly becuase they have been on the normal plain of existence for so long theyve got no basis for comparison anymore:rolleyes:

MissJacksonCA
20-Aug-2007, 02:43 AM
so do you like develop a resistance to it over time? like with alcohol you can build a tolerance? is it the same with that?

Maitreya
20-Aug-2007, 02:49 AM
so do you like develop a resistance to it over time? like with alcohol you can build a tolerance? is it the same with that?

Actually, I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that tolerance to marijuana actually decreases with more use...

That could be total bull****, but I sorta don't feel like looking it up just now.

bassman
20-Aug-2007, 03:15 PM
Nah dude. It's extremely hard to test positive just by second hand smoke. You would have to be inside a small room, car, etc that's being smoked out or "hot boxed", as some people call it.

Just don't make the mistake of eating anything with poppy seeds.:p

raiden
20-Aug-2007, 04:34 PM
If its only a pee test you should be fine. I have never done drugs but a friend of mine use to work in the H.R. Dept, Unless they pull hair it should leave your blood stream in, Contact Buzz won't show anything

MinionZombie
20-Aug-2007, 05:41 PM
lol, "hot boxing", that reminds me of my housemates at uni. My room was 6ft by 8ft (had its own corridor and a triangle sort of side portion between the corridor and the main room where I stored loads of stuff, but the main room itself where sh*t got done, that was 6ft by 8ft)...anyway, my housemates wanted to "hot box" my room...but being lazy, they never did, that was left to the much larger, living room downstairs.

Just you saying that word reminded me of that little story, thought I'd share...:p

DjfunkmasterG
20-Aug-2007, 06:08 PM
You will be fine, but don't light up right afterwards, sometimes tests comeback inconclusive and you have to retake it could take up to a month before results are back for everything. I know it happened to me, but I knew better and laid off the peace pipe, took the re-test, passed then lit up. :D

Funny thing is now... I rarely touch it. I think it has been 3-4 months since my last smoke up, maybe longer......I know, The weekend after I bought the new stang thats the last time... so 3 months ago. :D

wyvern1096
20-Aug-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah man you're good ... i'm wondering though... when you take a job that requires a drug test do they test you once like before you get hired or is it a continued process... anyone know?

Depends. If a buisiness is a 'drug free workplace' which is a big worker's comp insurance discount, then they'll do random testing. Also depends on the type of business. I've worked as a trucker and as anarmed security officer. Both of those did a lot of random testing.

MissJacksonCA
20-Aug-2007, 08:58 PM
So this 'hotboxing' would be reminiscent of Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Spiccoli first appears as he steps out of a VW van and all this smoke comes out behind him? That would be crazy to like see a car smoking from the inside...

bassman
20-Aug-2007, 09:00 PM
So this 'hotboxing' would be reminiscent of Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Spiccoli first appears as he steps out of a VW van and all this smoke comes out behind him? That would be crazy to like see a car smoking from the inside...

Yeah, pretty much. Just leave the windows up so the smoke can't escape. Ahh.....I miss high school...

CornishCorpse
20-Aug-2007, 09:03 PM
Heh, Hotboxing-The New Winter Heating. The room fills with smoke and youre warm or youre too stoned to feel ze cold. Explains where the term "Baked" comes from.

MissJacksonCA
20-Aug-2007, 09:35 PM
that explains baked but why half baked?

CornishCorpse
20-Aug-2007, 09:41 PM
My guess is if someone says something is half baked then it means that its not completely full proof..its not been thought out completely and stoners are well known for not thinking things out. Have you seen half baked? Their whole idea of making money is half baked..if Im wrong Im sure one of the other tokers will explain.

MissJacksonCA
20-Aug-2007, 10:03 PM
Well it all makes sense to me now... I've never seen Half Baked... kinda looks like the movie Drum Line... just not my typea flick... why dont they teach these things in school damnit!

flyboy
21-Aug-2007, 12:27 AM

all weed did for me,(or resin or 'gold seal' here in england)was make me depressed,develop a form of psycosis,give me a bad chest,have bad mood swings,lie,and end up trying heroin-(NOT OR NEVER injecting,) just smoking it,
which im NOT proud of nor recommend to anyone.now because of ganja,im on anti-depressent tablets and olanzapine for my mood swings.bad drug keep away from it.:|ps heroin is also a bad,bad drug stay WELL AWAY from all drugs.period.

capncnut
21-Aug-2007, 07:29 PM
now because of ganja, im on anti-depressent tablets and olanzapine for my mood swings. bad drug keep away from it. ps heroin is also a bad,bad drug stay WELL AWAY from all drugs.
I have been smoking strong weed for the best part of 20 years and it has done me NO HARM whatesoever. Sure, it led to stronger drugs like cocaine and heroin (I smoked the brown stuff for awhile) but that was down to my own stupidity. I have a friend who is 59 and was a registered intravenous heroin user and alcoholic in the mid-sixties, if it wasn't for weed he would be dead. It calmed him down during the methadone program and enjoyed it so much that he finally quit the H and booze by the early eighties to become a ganja and coffee man. He still smokes weed to this day and says that the only time he feels remotely tempted to go back to his old ways is when there is a weed drought on and he can't get any smoke. He has tried to quit everything before but because his addiction spanned decades, he says it's physically impossible for him not to do 'something'.

At the end of the day, drugs have never really got round me like that. I would never take something that I couldn't handle.

bassman
21-Aug-2007, 07:45 PM
I understand what you're saying capn, but in my travels I've seen that it effects different people in different ways. Most of the time it's just a mellow good time, but i've seen people quite literally freak out after smoking. Then of course there's always that one person that get's so paranoid you think their head is going to explode. Not to mention the person that acts as if THC is meth or some sort of upper....

I'm not a regular smoker like I used to be(DEA - who knew?:rolleyes:)....but i've always noticed that it is different for different people.

capncnut
21-Aug-2007, 07:58 PM
Most of the time it's just a mellow good time, but i've seen people quite literally freak out after smoking. Then of course there's always that one person that get's so paranoid you think their head is going to explode.
Yeah, I've met those types before and they should stop doing it if they can't get it together. They are giving drugs a bad name. :D

Yojimbo
22-Aug-2007, 01:46 AM
all weed did for me,(or resin or 'gold seal' here in england)was make me depressed,develop a form of psycosis,give me a bad chest,have bad mood swings,lie,and end up trying heroin-(NOT OR NEVER injecting,) just smoking it,
which im NOT proud of nor recommend to anyone.now because of ganja,im on anti-depressent tablets and olanzapine for my mood swings.bad drug keep away from it.:|ps heroin is also a bad,bad drug stay WELL AWAY from all drugs.period.

Dude, all that from marijuana?

Sounds like one of those Reefer Madness 1950's propaganda movies!

Not to make light of your story, though.

Surely there are people who should stay away from any sort of mood enhancer or mind altering substance and I am certainly very sorry that you had that sort of experience, but I guess it must be the exception and not the rule. Not that I am advocating use or abuse, mind you, or belittling your experience, but I would guess that sort of reaction is not common.

EDIT: Though, thinking about it, with regards to alcohol, I have met people who can drink several cocktails and they will act very mellow, and then there are those who drink a sip off of one and act as if they have consumed a liter of moonshine, replete with stumbling around and acting belligerant. So I guess that different people can be affected differently.

coma
22-Aug-2007, 02:36 AM
Well it all makes sense to me now... I've never seen Half Baked... kinda looks like the movie Drum Line... just not my typea flick... why dont they teach these things in school damnit!
Its called half baked because they are stoned (baked) but pretty stupid too. Half baked can be used for an ill conceived or not thought out idea (a half baked plan), which is the centerpeice of the "plot"
I love that movie.

Dtothe3
22-Aug-2007, 01:38 PM
Everything will effect your brain chemistry. Bottom line to all substances, whatever it is, it will effect your brain chemistry. Too much water or sodium effects the brain even.

"Water intoxication (also known as hyperhydration or water poisoning) is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain function that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside of safe limits by a very rapid intake of water."

Simply put, it's about you in yourself and how you deal with it.

I used to get stoned very easily and become paranoid and show patterns of behaviour that indicated OCD. More recently, that's changed completely, and I become very mellow. It's all simply how it effects you and your perception of the world around you along with yourself.

Methinks anyway.