PDA

View Full Version : escape from alcatraz...

flyboy
21-Aug-2007, 01:23 AM
who has seen this film? what do you think? i think its a wikked film.and do you think frank and co made it to the land from alcatraz? if they did, i wonder what happened to those 3? whats your thoughts on it guys?

AcesandEights
21-Aug-2007, 02:05 AM
*Phewww* I am so relieved, for a second there i thought this thread was going to be about a remake of a truly awesome movie.

Yup. Escape from Alcatraz is one of the movies that I first experienced on Sunday afternoon (Channel 11 WPIX in NY) along with others like Planet of the Apes, Jaws and Escape From New York that will always be some of my fav cinema ever.

_liam_
21-Aug-2007, 02:24 AM
it's bloody awesome, i always watch that one when it comes on. i reckon clint survived and killed whoever had him put away.

the movie papillon was pretty cool too, ultimate massive mission to escape jail movie

Yojimbo
24-Aug-2007, 12:22 AM
it's bloody awesome, i always watch that one when it comes on. i reckon clint survived and killed whoever had him put away.

the movie papillon was pretty cool too, ultimate massive mission to escape jail movie

Yojimbo agrees with Liam.

Escape from Alcatraz was good and I like to think that Frank made it out alive (though I am not sure if it was really based on truth or only tangentially so, but still a good flick!). Papillon also was good and gives one good ideas on how to hide money. <-- just kidding about the hiding money bit, sorry.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Aug-2007, 12:37 PM
who has seen this film? what do you think? i think its a wikked film.and do you think frank and co made it to the land from alcatraz? if they did, i wonder what happened to those 3? whats your thoughts on it guys?

Anything with Clint Eastwood is usually a very safe bet for entertainment. I don't think there is a Clint Eastwood film I don't like. Alcatraz is a great piece of cinema, very under rated, but hey look at how many films the man has done, at some point one of your projects will over shadow the rest.

Perfect example, Zack Snyder... I don't know him as the guy who did 300, I know him as the guy who directed DAWN 2004, when he makes something better than that maybe it will change, but 300 wasn't that great of a film and Dawn 2004 was way better than 300.

RustyHicks
24-Aug-2007, 11:31 PM
Escape was a great movie,
Clint Eastwood really hit a homerun
with this movie. I haven't seen it in
years but I remember that it stayed
with me for weeks after I saw it

fartpants
26-Aug-2007, 10:26 PM
for sheer entertainment value you can't beat a Clint flick